I Support The Removal Of The 30 Day Game Time Purchase Option

ok :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

how ? all they have to do is get a one month subscription , but then again from other threads I can see that that is above your level of comprehension

ya know what. IF I believed the money they gained by these changes went back into WoW, it’s content and the developers/staff, I would agree with you

But it comes on the heals of 190 people being laid off. And a 200,000,000 BONUS payout to the exec in charge.

I have zero confidence that any of these moves are for the health of the game, but for the avarice of the executives of Activision/Blizzard.

And that’s why it bothers me

3 Likes

Exactly what game are YOU playing???

Yikes! I’m no Blizz hater but this is a bit much.

Players should have to sign a one year lease to join the WoW community.

This makes no sense. Why would it make them more money? If anything it will drive more people away and make them considerably less

All that money is going to do is be funneled into the CEO’s Profit Bonus. Activision isn’t about creating great quality games anymore (in my opinion) it’s about maintaining enough of a standard to keep their subscribers hooked so they feed the CEO’s Bonus and nothing more now.

/#Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.

They basically explained why they did it because they looked at all their currency conversion costs worldwide and it’s too expensive to do it for 1 month. It’s there if you look between the lines.

1 Like

Also if you adjust for inflation, $14.99 in 2004 is $26.57 in 2021. So they’re just adjusting the most basic game purchase for inflation for the first time in 16 years and giving you 2 months for the price of one.

Ah… the destiny of every diyng mmo. Tbh i expect for them to do it sooner.

Forcing a customer into an inconvenient, and more complicated method of doing something to get their desired outcome is never a good idea.

And removing all the options does nothing but help Blizzard, I’ve always been an advocate of letting players customize their own game experience down to how long they are planning to play at a time. This flies in the face of that.

I love Blizzard, I enjoy their games, and their content, and I still support them overall, but in this; I cannot agree with them, they are wrong to do this.

I just want a multipurchase option. Ain’t nobody got time to repeatedly buy an item to get more time

Only issue with your line of thought is that realistically almost none of the profit made into this game is put back into it.

I have people in my guild who sub 3 months, it’s enough time to gear up to whatever iLVL you want, heroic, mythic and get your achievements, your AoTC, PVP and whatever else you want, than they can take a break until X.1 and they do this every patch.

So now those players have to go 4 months to do what they want in that time and end up paying another month for nothing, or only 2 months and miss out on content and importantly start the next season behind what they actually want. On top of that month to month it costs more for 2 months at a time than it does 3 months.

2 months is just not enough time, Blizzard will know this based on how long each player stays in each season, they will not make a change unless it is financially beneficial to them.

So what will players do? Will they pay 4 months both at a higher cost per month and an additional month they don’t want, or will they see it as not worth playing for only 2 months each season and simply walk out? Or do they bite the bullet and end up paying more per month to keep going with their own goals?

Someone done the maths, a European player who can only pay certain ways and for 6 months due to some payments not being able to be done as a sub it will end up costing them 18.5% more just due to this change. For myself in Australia it’s $103.50 for 6 months, a 2 month purchase at $29.99 USD, that’s currently $39.32 AUD, so $40. That’s a 16% increase for me.

Assuming all players stick around who cannot sub and end up having to pay 15-20% for their game time, how much more money is it that Blizzard make just from this change?

At 500,000 players at $100 for 6 months, that’s $300M, 15-20% of that? That’s $45-60M more for doing nothing, or upwards of $120M annually.

1 Like

This has to be the lamest bait I’ve ever seen. Congrats, Konserva.

1 Like

so that they can continue to make this game incredible then i’m on board!

When does the incredible kick in? Or even the credible?

No, because it doesn’t affect subs.

It only affects people who buy game time. Those are different things.

Before being outraged about something, try to understand what it is you are outraged about first.

So if you take out a monthly subscription, you can still cancel that sub whenever you want. You just can’t go and buy a 30 day block of game time. And the reasoning for this is perfectly logical, it was costing Blizzard too much in payment processing fees to profitably offer this option.

I wasn’t subbed; That’s the issue. I’d pay for 30 days every 6-8 months to do stuff with my friends that still play. This game isn’t worth the extra effort to activate and cancel a sub, all the time. I’m also just wondering why they made this change, but they seem to be hoping people will just go along with it.
I mean… was having the other game time options, somehow, harming the game? Or preventing them from adding content? I doubt it.

I’m not supporting OP but get a debit card. You’re an adult.

2 Likes