I take your pettiness and raise you 1, Blizzard

I feel like you missed the part about the subscription still being there. Buy one month at a time, and cancel when you don’t want it anymore. That’s all it takes to fix what you’re complaining about here.

Did you read the post that you quoted m8. I said that they will most likely change how subscription canceling works. They will most likely implement something like a 7 day wait from purchasing a sub to being able to cancel it. There is no way, that they will leave it this way, its abusing the system that way.

You know you can still subscribe for 1 month at a time right? This only affects prepaid game time. I know this because I checked my account and the option to sub for 1 Month for 14.99 still exists.

Edit - I am in no way defending this change I think its greedy and obnoxious but i think a lot of people are misunderstanding what is actually changing.

And until that happens, you’re banking an entire argument on supposition. That’s worth about nothing in the current context of the discussion.

leave it to the playerbase to get pissed off over nothing…

1 Like

Not the entire argument. There are people who don’t want to be subbed at all. I had friends who had charges for subs even after they canceled, so the system isn’t perfect.

“Yea, but what are the odds of that happening” you say. Dunno, don’t care, and the less contact i have to have with blizzard support, the better i feel.

It’s petty when they’re demanding more money. The company keeps raking in money hand over fist already.

1 Like

And leave it to the white knights to gate keep peoples complaints because they weren’t personally affected by the change. Funny how things work.

Bobby needs another bonus after all!

Upon what do you base this assumption? I’m hoping it’s something more than you just not understanding why they made changes to game time purchases. Not that I blame you, they weren’t transparent about announcing the change or why.

But “Blizzard bad, Blizzard do thing I think bad, Blizzard will probably keep doing more bad thing” demonstrates a lack of critical thinking skills.

Yes and you are either lying or too young if you said you haven’t.

Listen, i get that praising a company that’s ripping you off constantly is so in right now, so you do you boo, but to answer your question, there will be increase in people subbing/instant canceling when purchasing a month of subs, which will show up in their numbers, to which they will try to fix, because it interferes in their data collection. Its an abuse of the system. Subscriptions are made to retain people for longer amounts of time, not to be an instant purchase. That’s what game time/token is for.
They want to have you subbed longer, to show investors that the numbers are up, not to let people abuse the system for easy purchases. So expect at least a slight delay in the future from the moment that you sub, to the moment that you can cancel to prevent people from messing their metrics and numbers.
I’ve worked in companies that did these things. It was one of the “tricks” to make people forget about the unsub option if you tell them to “try again, later” or force them to talk with customer support. Most people either forget or don’t want to engage with customer support.
As to why, well, to quote the popular forum mantra that everyone keeps repeating like drones “They are a business after all. They need to make money! Enure it, princess!”

I have! But I have never said oh that mean greedy company. I say “dang I am a moron.”

People saying buy tokens are the most suspicious ones, I’m sure those are speculating with the token to raise to what it was during legion or higher.

If you raid you need consumables, repairs and those arent for free… on top of that you need to buy a token, it’s clear that this is trying to enforce the boosting mentality further.

…and you refuse to use a credit card, and cancel the subscription (trivial – takes 1 minute) whenever you like?

Well, I guess you’re just too prickly and/or full of yourself to play WoW. Sad to see you go. Bye-bye.

Does Comcast (or your internet provider) let you pay a month at a time, with no subscription? How about your cellphone? Electricity? Rent? Why on earth do you accept all those companies, but somehow Blizzard is different?

Or are you just posturing, so you can argue in the forum?

You can’t speculate with the token. You can only convert gamegold to bnet balance, or convert $20 to gamegold.

If you think tokens will go up, wait and buy one later. It’s still $20 later. No speculation.

If you buy a token with gamegold, you can’t sell it with gamegold. You can only convert it to $15 bnet balance.

:sob:

I’d be careful with this phrasing

Are you serious? You get this whole complaint boils down to I can’t not pay a cent anymore and get discounts on extended sub time. Which I think is what they wanted to convey. I didn’t know this was a thing til recently and I can say I wholeheartedly think this is what they were trying to curb.

If I buy a token you get your game time that makes me sus? If I don’t feel like sinking in the time to grind gold to buy a piece for my leggo, or farming for raids I have that option.

No

Prepaid exists

No

Contract for first year, then month to month after that no new contract.

If you’re one of those subbing with the token only? sure you can’t
But if you have extra money, you do want to speculate… the more gold = more value… it’s basic.

The entire boosting market is based around tokens so now after that the sub changes more than ever the token is going to increase on price, it will go only high from here. Before it was for balance now it’s for a sub.

You can argue that it wont change much but for people with extra incoming it’s free gold they swap and blizzard gets profit at that point.