I Support The Removal Of The 30 Day Game Time Purchase Option

It might help with the bots but I feel like the Bots use wow tokens to buy time…Now it will or should help with gold spammers and stuff for sure.

How depressing, many games like Warframe actually deserve this quote.

so when they’ll plan to start? Maybe they didn’t fire enough people yet

I don’t much enjoy Warframe - like, at all, but it’s absolutely incredible how consistently they manage to put out content for that game.

At a significantly smaller budget, and with more visual fidelity than WoW, as well. Really makes you wonder.

1 Like

the thing blizzard removed is the ability of players to be able to purchase a non recurring charge of 30 days game time. or any other gametimes outside of the 60 day time fee.

this isnt about the sub his is about the options other players used to check in and out of the game as they saw fit.

fifteen bucks no big loss if you want to see if they did anything to make you want to come back thirty bucks however is. that is a bait tactic.

Subscription wise you got to jump through hoops to get it cancelled I know I’ve done it twice.

from teh actual thread… if people actually read it…

Bornakk

331 posts

Community Manager

9h

Correct.

The 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month subscription options are unaffected and can all still be found here: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription

WoW Tokens are also unaffected here in the Shop: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-token

Not like it will matter when it goes F2P next year.

1 Like

ok :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

how ? all they have to do is get a one month subscription , but then again from other threads I can see that that is above your level of comprehension

ya know what. IF I believed the money they gained by these changes went back into WoW, it’s content and the developers/staff, I would agree with you

But it comes on the heals of 190 people being laid off. And a 200,000,000 BONUS payout to the exec in charge.

I have zero confidence that any of these moves are for the health of the game, but for the avarice of the executives of Activision/Blizzard.

And that’s why it bothers me

3 Likes

Exactly what game are YOU playing???

Yikes! I’m no Blizz hater but this is a bit much.

Players should have to sign a one year lease to join the WoW community.

This makes no sense. Why would it make them more money? If anything it will drive more people away and make them considerably less

All that money is going to do is be funneled into the CEO’s Profit Bonus. Activision isn’t about creating great quality games anymore (in my opinion) it’s about maintaining enough of a standard to keep their subscribers hooked so they feed the CEO’s Bonus and nothing more now.

/#Stay Safe, Stay Healthy.

They basically explained why they did it because they looked at all their currency conversion costs worldwide and it’s too expensive to do it for 1 month. It’s there if you look between the lines.

1 Like

Also if you adjust for inflation, $14.99 in 2004 is $26.57 in 2021. So they’re just adjusting the most basic game purchase for inflation for the first time in 16 years and giving you 2 months for the price of one.

Ah… the destiny of every diyng mmo. Tbh i expect for them to do it sooner.

Forcing a customer into an inconvenient, and more complicated method of doing something to get their desired outcome is never a good idea.

And removing all the options does nothing but help Blizzard, I’ve always been an advocate of letting players customize their own game experience down to how long they are planning to play at a time. This flies in the face of that.

I love Blizzard, I enjoy their games, and their content, and I still support them overall, but in this; I cannot agree with them, they are wrong to do this.

I just want a multipurchase option. Ain’t nobody got time to repeatedly buy an item to get more time