Changes to Purchasable Game Time Options

It’s also a precursor to the bad reaction they are expecting from 9.1. They are so desperate at this point they are willing to squeeze your udder for that extra month.

2 Likes

I just canceled my subscription. I fit this into the 500 character limit:

The overall direction the game and the company are going do not align with how I’ve previously enjoyed World of Warcraft. The excessive systems and repeated content are not substitutes for quality but it appears this will continue to be the direction. The banning of key cloning software, the game time purchase change, the flight whistle, the loot-a-rang, the portals, the water strider, the level squish, the quality of life removals that impact players, and more. All bad decisions.

24 Likes

yes you can.
hell you can buy a 30 day sub, then cancel instantly.

1 Like

But it is, my dude:
Game Time… Look at that, no tax!

And just to be thorough, I’ll post the subscription bill too.
Subscription… Look at that tax bill!

“We’re in a global pandemic, what can we do to help the players?”
“I know, take away the ability to play for $15 and make it a minimum of $30!”

No offense, but are you guys just plain dumb? There’s no other way to ask that. You’re literally BEGGING at this point for people to unsubscribe en masse.

16 Likes

Read the 2nd paragraph of the blue post. Clearly states Subs and tokens not affected.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT® - WoW1 (US)

Your World of Warcraft® account and characters have not been deleted. In the event that you return to the game, you can resume playing right where you left off.

Your subscription will remain valid until Apr 15, 2021 11:07 AM. If you want to return to the game, you can begin a new subscription, add game time to your account, or purchase a WoW Token using in-game currency.

5 Likes

The real issue here is that you guys are still charging the players $15 a month to play a game that’s 17 years old. The monthly sub should be no more than $5 at this point. I mean we still have to buy the damn expansion, plus $15 a month…
Do you not realize that is way too expensive? For $15 a month you can buy xbox gamepass ultimate that include EA Play on console and PC. You get over 300 games to play at any time. Or you can pay $15 just for wow…

Lower the price to $5 a month and you will have 12 million subs again.

11 Likes

Thats cause taxes are already counted when you add the bnet balance.
Adding money to your bnet is taxed, so the tax is not done after

here is what you are doing

Movie theatre 1= entry fee is 10$, movie is free
Movie theatre 2= entry fee is 5$, movie is 5$

You are saying movie theatre 1 is better cause the movie is free, while movie theatre 2 is 5$!!!

No, they are both the same, just you are paying the taxes upfront on the bnet.

When you add 50$ to your bnet balance, you pay taxes there and then.

There’s enough false assumptions here that clearly this poster is not an adult.

1 Like

Oh! You know what else? I know it’s minuscule but this is also a price hike on the 60 day game time purchase, isn’t it?

2 Likes

you can still buy 1 month subs, just not in game time, in subscription.

Except I exclusively add money to my battle.net balance through tokens bought with in-game gold.
Somehow I don’t think the US government is taxing WoW’s gold.

6 Likes

This…this is a bad change. Removing options seems so pointless? What was the reason for this and who does this even benefit, Blizzard? I recognize it doesn’t affect those with an active subscription, but if anything I would expect you to leave the 30 days option and remove the other two. This isn’t a good change and one you should really reconsider.

5 Likes

You know SOMEONE buys those tokens with real money right?
Or do you think that they just appear out of thin air?

Not an issue with simplifying the purchasing options

but removing the lowest tier purchasing option with only a higher cost one is definitely a consumer hostile move

for those who just like subbing one month at a time via prepaid time. this is hostile into forcing them to pay for 2 months at a time, or put in an actual subscription that they have to remember cancelling.

removing the 60, 90 day time itself isn’t harmful. but the 30 day option should Not have been removed in this.

sounds ilke Blizz is desperate to lock in people for comittments, but unwilling to offer the same sort of mount /pet rewards that they did on the 6 months subs.

not a good look given the last week of other bad looks from Acti-Blizzard. laying people off while giving 200m to a signle person, than immediately changing payment options to push revenue looks like doodie.

7 Likes

Garbage level change. Don’t post often but wow. Greed before player base. Wonder if Ashes of Creation will pull trash like this.

3 Likes

You can still buy 30 day subs though, and 90, and 180, all through sub.

Also just wanna point out he didnt get 200 million dollars, he got 200 million dollars worth of shares in the company.

So buy the 60 day game time option 3 times?

Quick maffs:
60 x 3 = 180.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes