I know Servers are down every Tuesday But

I DEMAND A FREE MONTH OF GAME TIME BECAUSE BLIZZARD ANNOUNCED A MAJOR PATCH IN ADVANCE AND HAS GIVEN US REGULAR UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I bet your house looks lovely! Extra shiny today too. Great plan to use the down time so constructively.

I mowed the lawn, batch cooked pasta sauce for the week, did some house chores, and napped! Nap being the most important part. Enjoy your early evening :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

I tend to get sarcastic as they keep extending the down time.
Like…they should update their headlines…
“Pre-expansion content goes live on July 23rd! maybe.”
Or “Pre-expansion content update starts on July 23rd!” leaving a wide-open end-time :stuck_out_tongue:

And in my opinion, they should take a lesson from Scotty.
“Patching will take 48 hours”…then, when they’re done in 36 hours, everyone will be happier, instead of saying “patching will take 4 hours” and it ends up taking 12.

6 Likes

I just use it for time to catch up on on other games I don’t have time for.

1 Like

The problem is the times are constantly being pushed back further and further, are these patches not tested prior to delivering it to live servers? What is the hold up? Also all of us are paying for a service and have been without service who a whole day now

1 Like

They do test them, but its a quite different environment to compare PTR to Live. So many more things moving together. I rather they take extra time so we have a good launch of it.

4 Likes

They do test them, but there is a world of difference between deploying something on test servers and doing so on the Live infrastructure. Sometimes things don’t work exactly as planned, esp with huge changes to so many game systems and databases.

We don’t pay by the minute. Our Sub has factored in the reality of Maint since the game released in 2004. Tuesday was down almost all day back then, plus more during the week if it was a major patch. We don’t have that so often now. Usually just a restart most Tuesdays.

The cost of the Sub has not gone up in all those 20 years, even though the amount of game time we get for it has increased overall. They also did not increase it despite inflation.

I mean, they COULD start charging us more for more access and make the sub line up with inflation but I would not personally enjoy that.

7 Likes

Yep. Now we’re dealing with (40, 50?) million accounts worth of data, server architecture the test platform could not replicate, and a significant change in how account data is accessed by the front end.

I do admit I wish Blizzard just called out most of the day for these sorts of changes.

4 Likes

Small patch just went through so we may be nearer instead of farther away now from it ending.

2 Likes

Oh fancy. I don’t know if I received it – I’m on 55818 still?

1 Like

I got hacked in that 24hrs got a authenticator after that man it was a nightmare getting it fixed never could get thru on a phone.

Setup 2 tier Authorization if it been fixed

I was young and naieve then.

Estimated up time is 9:00 pm Pacific now. I have updated my initial post again.

2 Likes

Warbands changes a fundamental system so it’s taking a bit longer then they originally anticipated. Hopefully they can get this straightened out soon and get folks in.

Thanks all for your patience.

14 Likes

I’m telling people on general (at least those in the US) to just go to bed, because they won’t be playing tonight.

Oof!

I was totally expecting 5pm. 9 is pretty late though – I feel pretty confident for that one but yeah, time for a walk. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the updates folk. I hope your guys are getting ice cream, Vrak. :slight_smile:

Maybe ice cream pizza. I’m sure that’s a thing.

4 Likes

IT be 10 or 1 a.m est… so sucks!

you’re very welcome!

It’s worth noting for those unaware that “changing a fundamental system” involves dealing with decades of code changes, where a single variable call can have effects on live servers that it doesn’t in the test environment. If someone has never written code, let alone try to troubleshoot someone else’s, they’ll never understand the complexities.

I wish I could afford to buy the whole team free pizza so they can keep working. Back in the day we had a PDP-11 hard drive we used as a pizza warmer for those unexpectedly long sessions.

7 Likes

Are we going to be refunded for this day of time lost? I understand maintenance take a bit, but 14 hours is beyond most people schedule to play. Some people have a very short window of time that they get to play enjoying this game.