I know Servers are down every Tuesday But

The question is it’s normally up around 11Am, today is now 12:22 PM is there a problem? today?

1 Like

Today is patch day. The notice on the launcher says expected uptime is 3pm Pacific.

UPDATE: Estimated time now says 9:00 pm Pacific

11 Likes

It just updated saying that for me Thanks I was just curious sense it to hot to do yard work and i thought switch out my Shaman for a Passive heals build

1 Like

You’re welcome. It is too hot here to even want to go outside, so I understand.

Your talents will probably be reset since they’re all getting updated with this patch - so it’s the perfect time to try something new!

3 Likes

well it should be close all servers seem to be rebooting (offline) not even listing

It’s still 38 minutes before the earliest possible completion time predicted by the notice. Are you complaining they aren’t finished early? You’ll be lucky if they finish a massive and insanely complicated upgrade on time.

3 Likes

times changed to 5pm

1 Like
2 Likes

I hate being right all the time.

It takes as long as it takes. And not one second longer.

And credit where credit is due: updating the service notice of the new later ETRO isn’t something that would have always happened.

1 Like

Off work, 6pm already lol still not open yet.

1 Like

Times given are always Pacific, Asteriven.

6 Likes

Personally I’d recommend just going and doing something else for the evening. Maybe go for a walk now that the day is cooling down.

The present ETA is 8pm EST, but I wouldn’t necessarily put a lot of faith into that.

2 Likes

I, for one, will be back tomorrow.

3 Likes

Patch day is always a fun day of uncertainty. It will be interesting to see if we get a queue tonight.

6 Likes

Uncertainty is normal for this game, same as for the most businesses these days.
As a small business owner I work hard and strong to MAKE SURE ALL MY TIME ALLOTMENTS
ARE COMPLETED EARLY!! Never have a lag, even with an unknown bug, to deviate from
this. This world is being flushed down a giant toilet. :stuck_out_tongue:

As someone that has played since 2005, I’ve learned to never plan on playing on a major patch day. Especially a large patch like this one.

6 Likes

True, but after all these years…LFG!!!

I expected the extension. It goes with the territory. At least I’m off work the next 2 days, lol.

No company has short patch days. Blizzard has drastically shortened the normal Tuesday maintenance in the past 19.5 years. You used to not be able to play at all on maintenance day until late in the day, and that wasn’t even patch days. Patch days could cause major issues for several days afterwards, like when WotLK first patched in and it lasted almost a full week with all the major connectivity issues it caused.

6 Likes