I don't agree with the Community Council structure and I opted to not read people with golden texts

they’ll slap a $100 prize tag and the whales will be here proudly showing off their shiny mount you underestimate the control they have over these people

1 Like

Oh wow…I’m actually at a loss for words on that one…

Yeah this whole Community Council idea just needs scrapped. Blizzard, quit being cheap and hire ACTUAL Public Relations personnel.

1 Like

Bobby likes that idea. Bobby will say he will hire staff, but not actually do it and Bobby will pocket money for his yacht savings.

Quite a few are EU and speak English as a second language. They probably do better in English than I ever could in their native language. I try to look past minor spelling and grammar errors and focus on what a person is trying to say.

I’m not referring to grammatical errors. Some seem to bounce around from unfinished point to unfinished point like a hyper-active child on 20 energy drinks. Hey, no hate but there are far more posts with coherent criticisms that aren’t part of the chosen few.

Well, you don’t know the whole story. Sock puppet accounts are going to sockpuppet.

Further, knowing which alt accounts are likely to be the same person, is not some sort of secret. It is an educated guess + a person outright stating they are using an alt account and telling everyone what their main is. Those are character names, not real names. If someone does not want a person to know they have lots of accounts, they probably should not make threads about all their accounts.

1 Like

Blizzard is definitely banning folks who question the sanctity of the CC. I can confirm I got a 30 day ban for “trolling”, whatever that means, when I said that CC was a scam.

2 Likes

sancitity?

those people in cc are no different than those people who post good threads in gd, they just got picked

what sanctity lol

1 Like

Deciding not to engage with an entire class of people without individually evaluating them is always dumb.

You do you of course, but it is still dumb.

“She deserved it, just look at what she was wearing” isn’t a valid defense for reprehensible actions.

That means “saying something that three other people disagree with”.

2 Likes

Hm that’s strange. I’ve never referred to it as a scam but I have said that I think it’s a publicity stunt and that it’s a waste of time for the people who opted into the Community Council.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

All part of Blizzards 3head attempts to try to control the narrative without changing.

2 Likes

thats why im surprised when people even give importance to this, just treat them like regular gd posters and move on

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that someone had to have “a lot of bnet accounts” to run 5 WoW accounts.

Seems like you’re way off the mark.

Also, as a CC member, is it your job to try to run a crusade against someone you don’t like on the forums? Perhaps use the color of your text to “throw weight around”? Because that’s exactly what you appear to be doing.

2 Likes

There are definitely a few who shouldn’t be on a pedestal.

2 Likes

I got a 30 day harassment forum ban for saying, word for word “The saddest part of that whole take is it’s coming from a community council member…a person who is supposed to be representative of the larger player base. Yikes.”

The worst of it was I didn’t even directly address that person or their comment, but was responding to someone else entirely.

1 Like

there is no pedestal this is the problem dont give them a nonexistent sense of importance

I’m more okay with them having ZERO power than some power, because as far as I can tell, most of them are just regular andy’s who think their voice is more important.

1 Like

Is gold the new green?

1 Like