I bought the annual pass, but didn't get free mount?

Because it could be an oversight, i don’t think there’s any harm about being vocal about these types of things and getting ahead of it, it does not hurt you. I would ask, why do you care so much about people weighing in on the topic? So long as it’s being done in a respectful manner, i don’t understand why anyone would sit here and go into bat for Blizzard, they don’t need any bodyguards on the forums lol

It can take a while I got mine I’m riding on it right now.

Edit: I see what the OP is talking about now regarding the whole sub thing (I thought they were subbed but they had canceled it).

Yeah if you cancel it you don’t get the mount. You would have to buy it separate.

1 Like

For the simple facts:

The CS forum has no means or power over the promo - you’re basically yelling in the wind.

Folks can say anything they want on the forums, doesn’t mean every last person is telling the truth.

It’s kind of moot to weigh in on something that haven’t finish yet.

If you want to give your feedback on it, the general forum would be the place for it. The blues here don’t push feedback for others.

7 Likes

To begin with, i didn’t make this thread, i was simply quoted over here and got a notification from a comment i made on the general forum so i thought it was still a part of that discussion. I must say though, i think it’s silly to characterize this discussion as “yelling into the wind”, so far as i can see so far, all of the discussion aimed at Blizzard has been delivered in a calm and respectful way.

Secondly, i think i bear some responsibility for this the post happening in the first place, while Maizou and i are the same in that we don’t leave subscriptions running open ended, i think i may have inadvertently scored this mount because of a forum bug, the other day there was a forum bug that told me i couldn’t post because my subscription had expired, i must have went and turned it back on in order to get my posting privileges back again (even though my sub had not actually expired and was not due to do so for a couple of months). Had that forum bug not happened, i’d be in the exact same boat as Maizou right now.

I personally hate coming to the CS forums and only do so as an absolute last resort, i find the gaggle of wannabee CS peeps milling about to be pretty frustrating. I’m sure there are some of them that are genuinely trying to be helpful, but i feel like a lot just like to sit around and tell people what’s what.

To those of you that are just trying to help, i appreciate your service :blush:

PS. Sorry for leading you astray Maizou!

Thank you for providing this clarification. As it stands, it would seem that the wording of the promotion is in fact holding true, and the subscription must be set with a future renewal date.

1 Like

I’m talking about posting anything related to the promo. The blues here isn’t part of the folks whom made it, nor would they be able to tell another department about it.

5 Likes

Considering you can’t buy a 12 month sub anymore… they’re not truthful at all.

And when I cancelled my 6 month sub a couple months afterwards, I lost my mount.

It isn’t.

5 Likes

Wow, really? Does it retroactively go back and take all your extra mounts away when you cancel a 6 month/1 year sub, or just the ones earned in the period covered by your most recent sub?

It’s a timing thing, I suspect. So, using my above comments:

If you add the 6-month sub in, say, October. You get the July mount. IF you keep the subscription active until January, you get the next mount in January. Blizzard trusts that you will keep it recurring, and grants “early” access to the next mount. But if you cancel the recurring subscription in February, you haven’t reached the second six months, so you are no longer eligible for the second mount.

Six months = one mount. Twelve months = two mounts. But you can’t game the timing to get two mounts for one six month payment.

3 Likes

i feel like there’s a clarification issue here.
many people purchased the 12 months, then cancelled their sub.

based on the wording, the people who cancelled the sub are no longer eligible, even though they paid the same amount as the people who didn’t cancel their sub.

so… the people who cancel their sub next month, get a free mount, and the people who cancelled their sub earlier within the 12 month period miss out.

…which is the problem.

people who cancel their 12 month sub in august, get an additional mount.
people who cancelled after their money was taken, appear to not be eligible.

1 Like

They will not get to keep that mount. I didn’t when I cancelled my 6 month sub a while back. In about 5ish days that mount was gone from my collections.

Was just the one from that promotion.

My yearly sub canceled when I switched my expired credit card out, but I have a recurring six month sub set up to go when the yearly one runs out.
Will I not get the mount because I canceled the yearly sub?

Is your subscription active? When you look at your account overview, does it indicate your subscription’s next billing date?

3 Likes

pretty sure there was only a singular offer of a 12 month sub.
if you’ve switched to a 6 month, you should be fine.

i think the part confusing me, is where it says “get it with a 6 or 12 month sub”… yet… there is no more 12 month sub available. (at least not that i can find)

anyhoo, i’m beyond caring.
i’m tired, dehydrated, sore, and sad because blizz are killing my water ele fren. :sob:
gonna grab a huge drink, and go to bed. :face_exhaling:

It says - Subscription Type 6-Months Recurring. I’m hoping that means I’ll get a fish, even though the six month sub doesn’t kick in until March. Thank you!

From what I understand as long as it’s set to recurring then you’ll be fine. The problem will only occur for anyone who cancels. Or rather, if your sub is going to expire. E.g. for me my sub is expiring soon despite buying a 6 month sub earlier in the year, so I won’t get the mount unless if I purchase a 6/12m sub and also refrain from cancelling it.

I’m not too sure how it behaves for people who bought a sub and then cancel a few days before the promo. Sounds like they might lose out.

There isn’t a current 12 month sub you can buy, however if you never cancelled then it renews into another 1yr sub.

If you had cancelled, you can’t go back to the 1yr track.

For everyone who is worried about not remembering to cancel a sub, you can always make a calendar notification to remind you a few days in advance. You could also always do the tried and true sticky note on your desk thing.

Blizzard wants people to stay subbed and these mounts help promote that. Buying a 6 month sub then immediately cancelling isn’t a subscription. It’s purchasing a 6 month block of time. If Blizzard really wanted to push the “stay subbed or miss out” narrative they would never release these mounts for general sale.

4 Likes

I haven’t got mine either, we unsubed a few days ago after paying for a year, who knows where we will be under this admin.

I’m on the recurring 12 month sub. You can’t buy it new. But those of us still on it are eligible.

1 Like

There is no option for a year sub and hasn’t been since January. So I’m assuming you bought the year prior to that and canceled the renewal? If that’s the case, you won’t receive the mount.