I bought the annual pass, but didn't get free mount?

I bought the 1 year annual pass (which you can see in my transaction history) which promised these subscription mounts(why I bought it in the first place) yet I did not receive a mount today.

4 Likes

The store says we’ll get it before July 24th.

I haven’t gotten it either. What worries me is it says:

“with a future renewal date” - I cancelled it as soon as I purchased it because I didn’t need a random $150 charge in January 2024 because I forgot about a renewal.

I really hope Blizzard doesn’t punish people for being proactive about avoiding random charges they forget about 12 months down the line. Most of us are still planning to buy more game time, just when we need it.

If that happens, that’s very messed up because a lot of people have memory problems and cancel auto-renew subscriptions immediately because of that.

4 Likes

You will receive it before the 24th as long as the subscription is still set to renew. I received mine about an hour ago. It is a stunning mount to say the least. Keep an eye out on your Bnet client for the gift box icon!

Blizzard is offering these mounts as an incentive to maintain a recurring subscription. I personally do not see anything wrong if they withhold the mount from those who do not have the subscription set to renew, although I have no issue either way. With that said, I recommend posting your concerns on the General Discussion forum where feedback, such as yours, is collected.

3 Likes

There’s very much an issue - because they’re saying the people who bought a 12 month subscription but cancel it within the last 6 months before it renews are more important to them as a company than the people who bought a 12 month subscription but cancelled it within the first 6 months.

And again - it’s legitimately an ableist thing to do because people have legitimate memory issues that they have to cancel auto renew for.

And I’ve posted in GD. There’s a person who did cancel their 12 month sub immediately who did receive it, but there’s many others like me who haven’t - so we’re not sure what the heck is going on, and Blizzard CS is not responding to the questions people are asking on twitter about this specific situation.

7 Likes

Agreed. I also cancelled right after because it cost me $220 Canadian. I can’t have that charge randomly happen if I forget about it, especially at Christmas time. I always have had game time since I started in 2009, I just can’t have it be a surprise.

1 Like

If people are receiving it with a canceled 12-month subscription, then I would recommend just waiting to see if it shows up by July 24th for you, and keep an eye out on your Bnet client for the gift icon.

2 Likes

Not saying there can’t be an issue, because issues crop up all the time. However, I believe there’s just some understanding needed.

These mounts are rewards for a recurring 6-month subscription. Someone with the 12 months (which only started with the previous promotion) would be due this mount, as the second reward.

Now, as for cancelling the subscription. Yes, the sub needs to be on recurring to earn multiple rewards. That’s simply the way they have set up this promotion. In the past, they did a mount for a 6-month block of game time. This promotion, it requires the recurring sub to be active.

The alternative is to pay the six-month recurring again (and you have until January to do so, and still get the mount), or purchase it from the store.

To reiterate what was said above, it will be sent by July 24, if you qualify. It doesn’t sound like you do, because of the cancellation, but I could be mistaken.

They aren’t all sent out at once. There is still two weeks for them to make sure every qualified player has it.

5 Likes

As far as I know, it’s always been the case that your subscription has to be set to renew in order to get any promotions like this.

Blizzard does value people who have an auto-renewing sub, just like any other business. It’s money they can more easily count on having for things like budgets and profits and other business stuffs.

It would be nice if people who cancelled still got the mount, it doesn’t affect me either way and the more the merrier. But I wouldn’t necessarily get my hopes up unfortunately if I was someone who had cancelled.

1 Like

In the past, it has been stated many times by Blizzard that you have to have an ACTIVE subscription. Having cancelled it, it is no longer an active sub as you do not have it set to auto renew.

6 Likes

The thing is, when you buy the annual pass it said it comes with these mounts and it takes your money ALL AT ONCE for the year. It isn’t like if you cancel your sub, you didn’t pay for a full year of game time. And my sub is considered “active” with game time. If this is how it works, I will never ever buy an annual sub ever again.

4 Likes

The article clearly states:

If you’re currently on a 6-month or 12-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you’ll receive the mount and the pet as a gift in your Battle.net desktop app at no additional charge no later than July 24, 2023 (must be redeemed by January 31, 2024).

5 Likes

That’s not really the point. Over the last few years, this has been a constantly-running promo. The mount simply gets refreshed every 6 months, generally in January and July.

When you purchase that 6-month sub, you get one mount. If someone buys the 6-month sub in November 2023, they will get this same July mount. So that’s it. When it refreshes in January, they are not eligible for it, unless they keep the recurring portion of the sub active…

If you purchased the 6-month sub and cancelled it, you have already received your intended mount: the previous one. You haven’t qualified for the new July mount until you purchase the next six months.

Okay BUT the ANNUAL PASS itself that was purchased basically had a blackened out mount that it said you’d get later in the year if you bought the annual pass. MEANING, if you bought the annual pass these mounts were supposed to be included. At the time it never said you couldn’t cancel after you purchased(since it takes the 1 year money up front, all at once). So are you saying the annual pass had false advertising?

2 Likes

Yes, we already got that one. It was the bunny mount.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906234294333218826/1128071767815106560/wow_oneyearoffer.png

Edit to add, this was said back in 2019 and still holds true today, as well:

7 Likes
3 Likes

That was the bunny mount from the spring.

Not this mount. That was fulfilled in the spring. This is a new promotion.

11 Likes

First off, it wasn’t an ANNUAL PASS. It was the option for a 12 month RECURRING sub. Recurring being the optimal word here. Recurring means that you did not cancel it. You can change it to a 6 month recurring sub afterwards, but a sub means that you have a renewal date and it is recurring.

10 Likes

The point of the transaction is that you buy 6+ months and you get a mount. But players who have recurring 6 month subs could be forced to buy 6 more months when they already have lots of time remaining. Having it active and set to recur buys you the benefit of the doubt that you presumably are going to buy 6 more months shortly and they give you credit for it without making you pay now. If it isn’t set to recur, you lose that generosity and have to purchase the 6 months at the time of.

Not to mention, again, there is at least one confirmed case of someone who cancelled their sub immediately after buying the 12 month subscription and still getting the mount today.

If they don’t give it to everyone else who cancelled, that’s very much shady.

There was not a single notice we would miss out on something by cancelling within the first 6 months. This is false advertising at the minimum.

Y’all can scream til you’re blue in the face “THEY VALUE PEOPLE WHO KEEP AUTO RENEW ON” - but a large portion of those people will still likely cancel those subs within the next 6 months, most within the last couple weeks before it renews.

Yet we’re being punished for thinking ahead and not wanting to get blindsided by a $150 purchase we forgot about.

5 Likes

I do want to point out that we can’t say for sure on how accurate that person is being. I would err on the side of belief so hopefully we’ll see more come in. However, their account could turn out to be inaccurate. Time will tell.

How is it false advertisement when they did not advertise the fish as part of the 12-month subscription?

That is up to the customer whether they prefer to cancel. There is nothing wrong with Blizzard incentivizing the upkeep of a subscription though.

How are you being punished? Nothing has been taken away from you. The mount is still available on the Shop for purchase if it turns out canceled subs indeed do not get them as the wording plainly states. With that said, I also would not be surprised if it ends up on the Trading Post at some point like a couple other Shop mounts have.

6 Likes