Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

If you were an S2/S3 gladiator then you should know the ramifications of the system currently in place as far as balance goes then correct?

My point was that you’re accusing them of something based on their opinions on something else. Or do you have a link to demonstrate them avidly fighting against making those abilities available and not raid specific?

Finally, the first discussion is literally the game forcing you to make a choice between abilities. The second discussion is YOU deciding YOU do not want to acquire additional abilities. Those are fundamentally different discussions to be had.

And for the record, I’d be fine with not making raid specific and pvp specific conduits so that people can try out the builds they’d prefer as they want to.

Don’t strawman me again.

Ooft sassy and strong

I liked that assertiveness

As far as PvP? PvP has always had an element of chasing the meta. In fact, Shadowlands looks much better for PvP because they’re bringing back vendor gear, limiting the infinite inflation of power level via warforge/titanforge and azerite power, it seems much more feasible to maintain a healthy stable of different comps rather than say Legion or BFA which promoted “one character” philosophy which is really bad for the PvP scene.

Looking at AWC, very few people know how to play more than one class because you can’t really play more than one class in BFA. You have to put all your time and effort into one character. Shadowlands is more of a system which promotes you playing multiple characters, which means you have more flexibility to meta changes.

You’re in every single one of his threads defending him like this. Are you sure you AREN’T Ralph? :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked you what the ramifications were for the current system and not what you thought about how pvp will be handled in SL

I think this is kind of his point though. Like yes WoW is an MMO and often a competitive one, there will always be min/maxers just like there will always be RPers and always be casuals.

But do you really think there will ever be true “balance” across the board? If there was even a 0.001% difference in damage between two classes the Min/Max community will always pick the stronger. That’s the point of that gameplay style.

While I agree there should not be exceedingly large differences in power between these classes, at the end of the day, Blizzard spending all of their time and energy trying to get every single possible piece of equipment, talents, abilities, etc. within decimal points of each other would just not be an efficient or worthwhile use of their time

The word forced is so badly used by them , you can’t take them seriously. Blizzard doesn’t either as well. :rofl:

1 Like

The goal is to get as much close as it can be, so no classes or spec feels like it’s terrible to play and can get in groups. Advocating agaisn’t balance is basicly advocating for more discrimination.

Ramifications for what? Covenants?

A system like Covenants couldn’t work in Burning Crusade because even if you were a PvPer you still needed to raid, and in BC raids you needed to min-max to push content (at least based on our knowledge at the time). But Blizzard promises that PvP-only playstyles will be viable, so if I have a character dedicated purely to PvP, his Covenant is for PvP, his soul-binds and conduits are for PvP, I can maintain that character separately from my PvE raid/M+ character.

The biggest adjustment in Shadowlands will be the idea that certain characters you will want to play for PvP and certain characters you will want to play for PvE. You won’t just play one character all the time because all your effort is invested into him. Remember, this is important, there is no infinite farming, so maintaining multiple characters at 100% power level for their preferred content is going to be absolutely viable.

I don’t know how you managed to type that out and not go “Wow this sounds horrible for pvp”

How is me having two rogues a good work around for this solution?

2 Likes

Arena PvP has always been about chasing the meta. You’ve never been able to just play two random DPS and a random healer and make it work. You’ve always rolled a character to fill a comp and then tried to do content on the side to make sure that character is as competitive as he can be.

I’d much rather not have infinite grinding but Blizzard “make up the difference” in terms of time-played metrics by encouraging playing alts (which Shadowlands is doing), because playing alts is inherently PvP-friendly so that you can adjust your comp due to shifts in the meta due to nerfs, scaling, new trinkets or other powerful progression items(glaives cough cough), etc.

tired argument. implies that people who are not pushing for world first don’t want to be the best they can with what they have.

not only is it tired, but it has no basis. every time you put in a new piece of gear, your aim is to improve from where you were, to where you want to go.

5 Likes

But I’m a rogue player

In what world do you think the game should require me to have two rogues to complete in PvP and PvE?

Do you know what the difference is going to be in some rogue v rogue match ups with the current covenants?

2 Likes

I didnt read that right, forget my comment.

Unless Blizzard is disabling legendary affixes in PvP, even if Blizzard right now changed their philosophy on Covenant and let you swap freely, this still wouldn’t address your issue of wanting to be 100% optimal in raids and 100% optimal in PvP. By the time the raid and PvP season starts, you will only have had time to craft ONE legendary, and if those forms of content don’t have exactly the same BIS one form of content won’t have its legendary affix.

If you want to be most competitive in both raiding and PvP, you will already want to maintain two rogues so both your rogues will have the legendary they want.

It really matters what level of commitment you want to make to being competitive.

Are you serious?

You think this is a good idea?

You’ve some how convinced me that it’s worse than I initially anticipated

Even completely ignoring my balance questions

1 Like

I’m not saying this is a good idea I’m telling you the reality of the situation. They’re full steam ahead, choo-choo, on this legendary system and not a single high-profile player in the community has blown the whistle on it. “Content creators” who focus exclusively on raiding don’t care about PvP and they seem to have the most sway on how disgruntled the “community” is.

Getting worked up about Covenants in this regard is semi-pointless because the solution to your Covenant problem is the same solution to your Legendary problem. And they’re not changing the Legendary system, so it is best you address it yourself.

To be fair, I’d rather his situation of two characters to be great at each aspect rather than force someone that PvPs to PvE.

I think it’s a better scenario where someone that’s really good at PvPs has spent a significant amount of time doing it, rather than PvEing for the best gear.

Maybe it’s taking it too far by realistically expecting to have two of the same class to accomplish this, but if we’re speaking in extremes I agree.

Ignored content
Stirring the pot as usual. :stuck_out_tongue: