Hypocrisy of min maxers on covenants

Yeah, I would say the majority of them that are “self made” probably had at the minimum of a stable home life in at least a middle class family. You will also notice that what they became billionaires with was something revolutionary.

You cant start a business in an established market and expect to do better than making a living unless you somehow get lucky with branding and public sentiment.

Not in and of itself, at all times. But yes it can become pretty tiresome.

Not always. And its not always rude. There are plenty of times when people will chime in with their two cents and tell people what they should be worried about in content they have never done. These people should be forcefully rebuked.

But as far as the OP goes: he has made no secret, despite his attempts to lampshade, that his greatest source of joy from the announcements regarding the covenant system is the fact that people he dislikes don’t like what they are seeing. He draws moral justification by attempting to lampshade his joy as being related to “improvements for the casual player”, but in reality his petty and spiteful attitude bleeds through his every thread on the subject.

And he is not alone. In fact in nearly ALL the feedback I read about these new systems from people who approve of them the overwhelming majority seem to approve for no other reason than taking joy in the distressed reactions from people they deem as being “immoral”.

Your attempt to make a virtue of mediocrity smacks of this same petty spite.

2 Likes

Not really. **** Preach. He’s not the community. I’ve mostly seen positivity for Shadowlands. Not one in /1 have I seen anyone talk about the doom and gloom of Conduits. This is a constructed issue pushed onto the “community” by “content creators”. When we start playing the expansion I doubt the vast majority of people will have this on their mind.

Yikes I hadn’t even read the OP

And now I regret it

What content do you participate in?

Haha, I’m talking about Ralph kind of threads. People are trying to divide because of this. I have never seen the forums more toxic. Even people defending titanforging were less toxic.

I could say you’re following Ion like a sheep, I don’t feel it would add anything of value to this discussion. Preach does his thing, people make the choices after if it makes sense for them.

Honestly I like Preach due to informative videos and fun drama time but he is only making the situation worse with saying things like “You gotta be trolling to not be Venthyr” or calling specs “trash”

He is a streamer, he should be pushing for fixing the unhealthy community mentality instead of adding more fuel to the fire.

I just wish Ralph knew you can’t “fix” the way people like to play the game

What design do you like best? = meaningful choice

What power options do you like more? = meaningful choice

What do you like best “Design” or “Playing Power”? = Screwed up choice, The two shouldn’t have anything to do with one another.

2 Likes

Funny how the sides on this issue are down to min maxers wanting everyone to play how they want, and the cov lockers wanting everyone to play how they play.

Usually it’s the min maxers that are accused of being toxic and elitist.

1 Like

I don’t get it

We have the option to have both

Give me both damn it

Which seems strange, since you look like you’ve played all of BFA while I actually voted with my wallet and skipped it (until now, in preparation fro Shadowlands) because I didn’t like what they were doing.

I’m “following Ion” because in this case what they’re selling is something I’m interested in buying. If I don’t like the product, I can just unsub. I guess if you have a pathological addiction and can’t pull yourself out of the game, then you feel you have to be very vocal and condemn and attack others or try to sway the game, because you’ll play it whether you’re happy or unhappy.

Yes and my ideas come close to Preach because I agree with him this time.
See that was easy.

I didn’t play all of it, for me BFA was played very casually vs Legion or even WoD. I basicly played Uldir, helped a bit for BoD but already wasn’t playing much (basicly only helped for mechatorque because it needed a dk but didn’t do any other progression), skipped everything then and went to prepare myself for 8.3 to give a last try.

And yes I intend to vote with my wallet for Shadowlands. I didn’t pre-order yet.

Man you barely play the game

The issues we are talking about effect people that play the game
Not people that log in and go sight seeing

2 Likes

See here’s the thing. For the min maxer crowd it usually comes down to “If you want to play with us these are the standards”. Nothing wrong with that since you don’t need to play with them to enjoy the game.

The cov lockers (great name for them btw) are saying “if you want to play AT ALL you need to play our way”.

One is certainly more toxic than the other.

5 Likes

Big troo indeed

I’ll be using that one

2 Likes

Spread the damn word lol

A) This is my second account. I won’t talk about my first account because WoW has a TOS that says how accounts are and aren’t supposed to be handled.

B) Back in the day I was a s2/s3 gladiator and I pushed progression content pretty hardcore. My recent trip back to the game in MoP/WoD/Legion I was more laid-back, doing AOC and only casual PvP. I wouldn’t say heroic content is “barely play the game” but whatever strokes your fancy.

How exactly will they achieve that?

Did essences do it? Those were easier to swap.
Did azerite traits do it? Again easier to optimize and swap.

Even if you are right, how exactly are convenants and inability to easily swap between them solving the issue?

Min maxers are only accused of that by casuals that feel they have a “right” to be accepted by them in whatever content a casual wants to do.

4 Likes