How to wipe out the High Elves

I hope so. I was completely disappointed with patch 8.3 where it could’ve been the perfect patch to expand upon with the lore of the Void Elves, so I am not going to hold my breath in hype with that just yet, until I see it.

That doesn’t even explain anything.

Thinking about it, since we already have 2 ways of making a void elf which basically boil down to just getting hit with a load of void energy, maybe it is just as simple as hitting an elf with the void enough.

1 Like

SAME, the fact that’ s taken us like 7 years, to get any Void Elf story, is beyond sad. But the quest chain to look out for, when it goes live for more info, if they give us any. Is Emberthal’s Visage Questline

So, Blood Elves and High Elves, in the process of becoming Void Elves, much in the same way Alleria did. Doesn’t explain how there are Void Elves who look like Alleria?

While each can do tremendous things, like making Dragons out of Proto Drakes, and what have you. Light and Void are the strongest of the two.

We also know that Old God Shadow Void and Cosmic Void are different. With Cosmic Void being what the Void Elves have.

Also, the Legion feared the Void, which is the main reason Alleria got into it. The other void elves did it, because they didn’t like being told they couldn’t study a magic that was dangerous.

Technically EVERY Shadow Priest, has a degree of Schizophrenia in the lore. But Void Elves just have it in a stronger capacity and ALL the time.

Isn’t that also how Satyrs are made out of Nightelves?

Like we know Elves are very much so Eevees of WoW with magic, lmao. But the Void is really good at mutation.

Heck, it also gave us the Curse of Flesh and Naga.

I woukd rather high elves stay as they are.

Being bred into decline.

2 things, just because there is Blood Elf Scholars and High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift, doesn’t mean they are all looking at becoming Void Elves. It has been mentioned a couple of times, give me a while, I got to go digging for these sources, some are looking at studying the void. Not exactly becoming Void Elves.

Blizzard already confirmed that the customizations were purely roleplaying options, to allow people to play as the race roots, as a High Elf.

Ah

But still, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that more Elves can or would follow in Alleria’s footsteps to be her kind of VELF. As opposed to what was at least initially, a very painful transformation that our first batch of Velves went through.

Espeacailly with the amount of Void magic, energy, and creatures present in the Rift, it’s not plausible to rule out.

So what are you saying? The Blood Elves and High Elves are going to scatter across the twisting nether looking for more Dark Naruu’s?

I think theyre a deminc curse

I believe they also said that all options the player have are canon to their race.
So void elves canonically can appear normal

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be just Dark Na’aru. Alleria has a LOT of Void Power canonically before she absorbs the Na’aru. It’s even why Xe’ra imprisons her.

So they don’t have to explicitly get it from a Darkened Na’aru’s heart. That was her just dealing with the Na’aru and empowering herself further.

Before the Storm, A Thousand Years War, and I think maybe Shadows Rising even, touch on the Void stuff Alleria has been doing off screen, and before she took the Na’aru heart.

They did say this. At least about Dwarves and Trolls. Saying they wanted players to get to be Sand Trolls or Wildhammer Dwarves. So if you pick those options, do Exile’s Reach. That way you can be a Sand Troll for instance. Instead of doing the 1 - 10 Jungle Troll experience as a Darkspear.

It was actually mentioned by Ely Canon in relation to the Void Elves.

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Thanks for the source.

But it’s also worth mentioning, that they said initially Void Elves were going to be like Worgen. Where they’d look like High Elves, and just transition into a Void State either during combat, or at random intervals in combat.

But they felt it would be unfair to give the Alliance two races that did that, while the Horde had none.

Which led to them ultimately making them Blueberry.

1 Like

I was refering to a different interview but im currently unable to find it.
Knowing fen he probably has it bookmarked somewhere though haha

1 Like

Fen probably has more bookmarks to information than a library :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Jokes, but yeah, maybe Fen might have the information. He does keep pretty good track of these sort of stuff.

2 Likes

You’ve activated my trap card!

My blood elf thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t resist

2 Likes

Interesting, I didnt know that.

Wish horde has some transforming races.

1 Like

I’m thinking some toxic gas from Gnomeregan into the High Elves face cream…

I was looking for a good gif for it but I was on my phone and it failed for whatever reason.

Thank you for the assist. Lol

1 Like

The only ones I’ve ever really seen, beyond the thread Fen shared. Are ones asking for Druids, Shamans, or thematic things like tameable Hawkstriders.

As an admitted Elf lover, some of those threads I’ve also made, granted 9/10 times until VERY recently.

Asking for a Belf Druid or Shaman, no matter the lore reason, got shat on.

So I mean, these forums just love to crap on anything Elf really, regardless of which Elf would get what.

Only thing I can even say remotely in the favor of the thread crappers, is that SOME of the Elf posters in here, espeacially those who still think High Elves should be thier own AR slot, instead of just letting Void Elves have a toggle. Go VERY unhinged. So those people are probably just tired of dealing with the unhinged ones, and assume that anyone wanting Elf stuff, is also unhinged.

Not a fair assumption, but like I get it at the same time.

1 Like