How to wipe out the High Elves

I went with species because wow is pretty loose with what the term race means.

Like mechagnomes are a different race to gnomes in wow, but in reality theyre just gnomes who decided to undergo surgery.

Blood elves and high elves are considered different races. But literally all that happened was one lot decided to change their name.

So by saying species im just jumping over all of that stuff

1 Like

ah k. i was just talking the difference between race and species earlier. a blood elf is a race who are of the species elf. hehe people are trying to say our race is not blood elf, ignoring all the race markers, because we have a void infection. thats like saying your uncle charlie isnt human because he has lupus

If I had to choose. I would pick this one, and it’s kinda already got the groundwork set up.

1. We already know that some Blood and some High Elves both became Void Elves.

2. Alleria being a way to show us Void Elves that aren’t Blueberries (the whole skin almost melting away thing). Also makes it pretty easy to just say the remaining High Elf looking NPCs, are just Void Elves

3. We see High and Void Elves walking together or talking together a LOT in Stormwind, like they’ve gathered together to form thier own group…I wouldn’t be surprised if stormwind gets a China Town like district. But it’s for High Elves, Void Elves, and Half Elves. Espeacially with the potential of elf ears coming to humans.

4. Alliance Based, there’s like ONE faction of High Elves. The Silver covenant who is alliance based. We see other High Elves in the 7th Legion, also Alliance based, and the two Dalaran based factions. But that is largely Alliance leaning. Also, ALL Void Elves are Alliance based or they go crazy, as in order to be trained to not go crazy, they have to swear themselves to Alleria and the Alliance, as like a hard requirement after they get turned. With pretty much no purely neutral High Elf in the lore remaining, if we’re thinking of it in a Alliance vs. Horde kinda situation.

5. Varessa who leads the HEs is Alleria’s sister who leads the VEs. Like, they’re basically joined at the hip

So really, the Void Elves are already just High Elves who absorb super amounts of Void magic, and become kinda like Felblood Elves.

I think this is kind of a dumb take, honestly. Mind you, I would be kinda pissed if we got just High Elves as an AR at this point.

1. Blood Elves vs. High Elves is kind of a symbolic political/name thing. To just merge the two would feel like shaft in the lore, for a lot of people.
  2. “Traditional” looking High Elves, with the blue glowing eyes. Are canonically able to be Blood Elves. The ending of BC allowed for Blood Elves to regain thier blue eye glow. They just didn’t get the options until like SL in game. We even see Blood Elves in DF who have Blue Eyes now.
  3. A LOT of people would be mad if Blood Elves were just neutral fully. I personally play both factions, so to me it’s what ever.

Honestly, the best approach in my opinion to end that madness:

1. Is just have Blood Elves and Void Elves share Hairstyles. I know a lot of VE and BE players that want hairs from the other side.
  2. They could add in an NPC or button for VEs to either fully turn off their racial, so they’d get 5% increases at all, period. Or the other option would just be to remove the visual.

And then they could go down the route of giving BEs more sun/light things, and VEs more star/void things.

I mean, I kinda see thier point.

Blood and High Elves are of the Thalassian Elf species, and are largely the same Biologically, except for the ones who have deep green eyes from magic radiation. But the Sunwell can cure that now.

Where as Void Elves, took on so much mutagen, that they either had thier skin nearly melt away (the blueberry kind), or that they just now have a constant Void Form that can appear, and thier blood is purple.

Like since they bleed differently now, it’s hard to not consider Void Elves as a Subspecies to the other Thalassian Elves.

Just like Darnassian Elves, and Shalassian Elves are different Elf subspecies

this is social. darnassian nature based, shalassian arcane scholar based, all circling around the sundering

This is not social.

Shalassian Elves, only exist, because they were mutated by the Nightwell to become Nightborne.

Before that change, they were still just Darnassian Elves/Kal’dorei.

the mutation didnt change their skeleton. this is why velfs are belfs and therefore helfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVRCd6J2NA

hehe

By that logic, Zandalari Trolls and Night Elves are same people. lol

I dont consider them a sub species, just like i wouldnt say spiderman stopped being human, but i would certainly say theyre not the typical thalassian elf.

1 Like

That’s a fair point.

Void Elves and Felblood Elves are just a bit odd in that spectrum.

Same with Felborne for the Nightborne.

1 Like

oh didnt think of that. well lets just say nightborne werent changed enough, skeletally and fleshly, to be a different race. aunt cindy went on a diet and has different beliefs and is therefore not human. or cousin alfred drank mushroom wine and thinks trees are better than cement, so therefore, not human.

I’m not disputing that Nightborne are an Elf.

It’s just that if ELF is a species of it’s own.

Then we have

Darnassian
Thalassian
Shalassian

as the main three subspecies. Sure, they all came from the same 1 Elf type, the Darnassian Elves. But all 3 have evolved and changed quite a bit.

For Nightbornes, their big changes are their skin color palette and ear shapes. They are also more lithe/slim and depending on if you find it a defining characteristic, they have more Almondy/Hooded eyes as an option.

Where as Void Elves, are weird. Becasue like we know a High Elf or Blood Elf, can become one, by vampirically draining a Shadow Na’aru or other sources of strong Void Magic. They don’t all have to undergo some massive almost body destroying ritual.

But since what ever they do, changes to them to where they bleed purple now, it’s very hard as to what we might classify that change as. Because the Void Elf process seems somewhat similar to Lightforging, and seems to alter at least some of thier DNA in regards to thier blood.

not to be nitpicky but to save you from a helf attack, tnalassian is language, for some strange reason it cant be used to describe highborne who morphed into high elfs. not my fault. /keeps reading

1 Like

I get that, and I know it’s thier language.

But if you say Quel’dorei/High Elf it could ALSO refer to the Night Elves who were Highborne before they became the High Elves we’re thinking of.

It wasn’t until after they moved to Quel’thelas that they developed the Thalassian culture/language.

It’s kinda like when people just say “English Men” IRL. When referring to a more lighter skinned person.

Even if that person came from somewhere that isn’t England genetically.

fair enough. but look at my char. shes identical to a blood elf because she is a blood elf. shes a blood elf with a void entity infestation.

Which is also true, and honestly Alleria being the same doesn’t help that confusion.

I’m just saying I can understand the want to maybe classify Void Elves as a separate thing.

Solely because at least as of now, even if you look more like a High Elf/Blood Elf. The Void is now an inseparable part of your body, with the bonus of Schizophrenia on the daily that you have to combat.

Like I myself, still consider Void Elves to be Thalassian for the most part.

Just that, it’s very confusing for them specifically if they’ve crossed that threshold or not on a biological level.

So it was mainly just me playing Devil’s Advocate. To where I could see both perspectives.

Alleria absorb the void from a Dark Naruu. The Void Elves that the players were supposed to be playing were supposed to be transformed by Etherals to become etherals, but were saved during the transformation. Basically, Umbric followers.

Now, until there is official lore to suggest on other means of becoming Void Elves, it is too far to even look at headcanon in relation to the skin tones and hair colours when Blizzard originally announce them as to roleplaying reasons, and not lore reasons.

1 Like

We are gaining confirmation in the next patch that new void elves are being made post legion.

Of course they never bothered to tell us how… just that they are.

Maybe the harbinger questline will shed some more light

1 Like

With the instruction of Locus Walker, the ethereal. Who is also helping the Void Elves.

True, but even from thier announcement. They were labeled as “Alleria’s Elite Strike Team of Elves”. So Umbric’s inclusion has felt very odd, beyond just being an initial set up.

There are Blood Elf and High Elf scholars and initiates on Live right now, in Telogrus Rift, learning to become Void Elves.

and as Moritz just said, the PTR for the next patch, discloses that they are indeed making new Void Elves, some Blueberry, some not.

we need a void infection removal system cause who in their right mind …lol… would want to be schizophrenic in order to wield a cosmological force no more powerful than any other