How to have bette Gear after the 110 Boost lvl

Hi,
i’ve played WoW on and off pretty much every year since Vanilla came out, but i was always playing alone and never got my toon max level in any expension, so i missed on pretty much every end game dungeon and so on. so earlier this month a Made a Warrior and i lvl im up to lvl 65 and use my 110 boost on im. I did alot of the war campaing and 1 or 2 dungeon “freehold, Shrine of the storm”. I’m Currently Lvl 118, and my item level is 268 i think. What is the best way to have better gear ?? i can only do 4 dungeon for now, and not able to do raid yet, I’m a bit lost.

Thank you !

You would have to hit level 120 first before getting better gear. Once you get to level 120. You can run normal dungeons at level 120 to get gears or heroic version of it to get good gear. There are World Quest that you can do everyday to get gears as well. The gear that is offered will depend on what gear score you have. The higher you get your gear up, the higher the World Quest reward will offer. Once you have the appropriate item level, you will be able to run Looking for Raid. You can also go to Nazjatar and do the World Quest there to get manapearls which is used to get Benthic gear which starts at ilvl 385 and can be upgraded to a max of ilvl 425.

1 Like

that’s something i didn’t know (World Quest) and now it make more sense than juste running dungeon over and over thank you

Eventually you’ll want to do them to gain reputation with all the faction in BFA including the two new factiosn nazjatar and mechagon if you want to unlock flying for BFA.

Start doing the war campaign now to unlock footholds in the three enemy territories. This doesnt take long and its great exp, you can start now but cant finish until 120, it will unlock world quests, which are a primary source of gear. Get to Nazjatar asap the story gives you a 370 weapon. The manapearls you get there can buy 385 benethic gear from the vendor.

Keep this in mind with gear world quests. They scale to your item level. Exp. If your item level 270 and the world quests might show 280 gear rewards on the map.

If you bought a few pieces of gear on the auction house to replace some of your lowest gear, and your item level went up to 290. Those same world quests for gear on the map would now show 300 gear rewards. The WQ reward gear item level changed immediately when your item lvl changed. . These are not exact numbers but you get the point.

As a result of this scaling, it’s best to first try to get some other gear to boost your item level before doing the world quests, ah, dungeons, Nazjatar, etc. but don’t let them expire! In sum, it’s usually best to get other gear first, wait until they get closer to expiration to get the highest world quest gear rewards.

When you get to 120, your first goal should be to unlock world quests. You can work towards (or even complete) everything needed while leveling. The requirements to unlock world quests are:

(1) Get to level 120
(2) Complete the 3 war campaign foothold quests on the other continent.
(3) Get to friendly with the 3 leveling zone factions for your faction.*

*If you’ve already unlocked world quests on another character on your account, you get to skip (3) on your alts.

So, the important things will be to do enough of each zone while leveling to get to friendly rep and to do the foothold war campaign quests.

Once world quests are unlocked, aside from the gear they give you, it will also allow you to start Naz’jatar. The opening quests will give you a special ability which will help you handle stuff even while undergeared and reward you with an ilvl 370 weapon. (And weapons can be one of the hard slots to fill.) Once you open up the portal back to Boralas/Zul’dazar you’ll get a quest to help Magni. This will level up your neck an unlock essences. However, the scenario you need to do for the quest might be rough without gearing up a bit. Naz’jatar itself will also probably require some gearing before you move farther into the storyline. (But will get you access to ilvl 385 armor through the Benthic vendor.)

1 Like

After you get friendly with all three zones, I think you can buy a nice cloak (320?) from one of the emmisary vendors. This was the case a year ago not sure if it changed. Pick up some cheap gear on the AH too, to boost item level before you start world quests

im lvl114 and doing bfa quest, do world quests pops up everyday or i have to go to place to start them

They pop up 12 hours or so, and there is a new emmisary everyday for doing 4 of the specified world quests. Every zone has a ton world quests that expire at different times. The gear scales with your item level up to a certain point. I’m getting 445 gear from the emmisaries on my 445+ chars.

this quest only appears at 120? because i havnt seen one or maybe done it thinking just another regular quest.

World quests are not avaiable until level 120 after you unlock the three enemy zone footholds at the start of the war campaign, and reach friendly status with all three of your factions zones. I would try to get friendly in your zones before level 118.

Start the war campaign on the ship by the docks at level 118ish. You can unlock the first two footholds before 120, and it’s great exp. the final one as soon as you hit 120