How to avoid unwanted Bnet requests

Okay, so i was writing down this huge thread here about pro-btags, going over the reasons why it’s good, the counter arguments for the anti-btag arguments, and then go on to help users on how to avoid unwanted Bnet requests, since it’s pretty easy to do.

But i figured (i still have the original stuff saved so, if needed, i got it) helping people out would be more beneficial for everybody involved instead. Not just for everybody, but for me to archive here and use in the future. And let’s face it…

from Imgflip Meme Generator

Even i am tired of myself sometimes. :weary: :ok_hand:

So how ya do it?

Well despite what you may hear on the forums, avoiding unwanted bnet requests is super easy. So easy you can actually do it in your sleep. I just don’t think about it even. Easier then creating accounts even.

So what’s going on? Well you retrieve a friend request you don’t want, and you can do one of 2 things.

• Decline them.
  • Decline/Block them.

But what if i tell you, you can just simply let them rot? Simply ignoring them will just have that request be stuck there practically forever, making that person who sent it, unable to send anymore. You can even turn off the toasts for it, ingame so you won’t be bothered by this anymore.

Ahh, but what about on the launcher you say? Well, in short of saying “quit the launcher/end process” there are ways to avoid this too. Such as turning off the toasts, and the notification sound, as well the flashing. You can even hide these toasts while playing the game or in any appl in full screen mode. :slight_smile:

Is there an Addon for this, i hear? Oh yes Gerorie. And they flooooooat… :balloon:

Introducing, Leatrix Plus, the Massive QOL Addon that adds… quality to your life in World of Warcraft. Available both on Retail and Classic.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/leatrix-plus

This will allow you to do many things with it to make your WoW playing experience better, like auto selling junk, making the skip cinematic button skip easier, hiding talking head boxes, has better UI frames for things like transmogs, automate accepting summons and quests, editing the chat options, show wowhead links… Check it out, it’s massive. But the one were talking about today is the “auto decline friend requests”

You basically type /ltp, go to social, check on the auto decline friend requests, and bam. No muss, no fess. Now nobody, no matter how many accounts they make, can ever bother you ever again. :point_down:

The benefit of this is, you have more control on who can be your bnet friend.
And once you know that person and trust that person enough, you can decide to make them your bnet friend. :blush:

Taxed Largely; Didn't Rent:

• You can deny the request.
  • Deny/Block.
  • Let it rot.
  • Turn off the toast ingame,
  • Turn off the toast/flash/sound in the launcher, and hide the toasts while in full screen. (4 options there)
  • Use LTP with it’s auto decline feature.
  • and Only invite who you really trust and know.

10 options. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Edit: The report the request is tentative actually.

Anywho, that’s all i got for helping people out. Stay cool, and eat… uhh… bagels. Yea, eat bagels, it’s yummy. With Cream Cheese. Lots of it. :bagel: :v:

12 Likes

Personally, i dont think its gonna happen on this forum.
WoW players certainly have proven that we cant be trusted with any more information than we already have.
https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/03/the-game-archaeologist-the-blizzard-real-id-fiasco-of-2010/

Now for the 800 responses “THATS ABOUT REALID!!!”
no…its not…its about what forum posters did with RealID.
That article literally proves my point. You give them too much information and they WILL go a-stalking.

thread /off

3 Likes

Thank you, this is helpful. Except I refuse to eat cream cheese on my bagels.

1 Like

Well, guess it’s a good thing that battletags aren’t realid than, eh?

Didn’t think this one through, huh?

8 Likes

Battletag has absolutely no personal information, none… and thats about realid that had personal information…apple and kumquats

Go ahead find all my personal information good luck

Sloppynachos #11677

5 Likes

Yeah, don’t know what’s Taienna’s logic here for trying to spread misinformation honestly, other then her obviously not reading the rest of the thread.

“Oh look a thread here somebody is helping people out and using facts to show how it’s useful without talking about the benefits of forum btag and anti-taggers. imma go in there and lie about things because why not? Also, i’m going to mention something that happened 10 years ago and take this article i’ve linked out of context, because i think it’s relevant today, and totally going to deliberately confuse the two!” :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I missed this post yesterday. Nice guide.

1 Like

Your equating battle tags with real ID and I have to stop you right there.

Battles tags are just the same thing as a steam username, how are you still not understanding this?

4 Likes

and Salmon, you forgot salmon :wink:

1 Like

Ya but I heard someone knowing my battle tag automatically means they know my address, ss, where I live, etc. Oh wait that’s not the case at all? Ok I’m in for forum btags.

4 Likes

They do understand, they oppose btags on the forum for a different reason, but that stance is tougher to defend than “personal info breach”, though.

Honestly, they could just make us create a new tag and call it a forumtag, or something. Not sure what lies they can make up about that. (I know this is unnecessary, but what can ya do.)

4 Likes

What do you eat on your bagels? Or do you prefer them plain?

I agree with this that honestly their privacy reason is the best (still an incredibly weak argument) they got.

But i don’t agree with creating a new system, when they can simply use what works for them in other forums here.

This is really nice. Thanks!

1 Like

yall treat btags like social security who cares if your btag is displayed in public

1 Like

Funny that you bring up SSN.
In Virginia they put your SSN on your DL until 2003.

The ones filling the forums with low effort troll posts on multiple low level and classic alts.

I understand why blizzard might be hesitant to make a big change after the real id disaster, but this place is a mess and they need to clean house.

4 Likes

uhh? was it this big of an issue you needed to creare this thread?

seems weird youre getting that many requests. Are you acting like a female in-game or something?

I get requests daily from people I have ran M+'s with.

(Minor correction… not daily recently… I’ve been playing this other game that has me casting spells with a wand… maybe you know of it?)

I miss the days of high effort trolling. Well thought out troll posts that were entertaining to read. Back when trolling was a artform and was entertaining…

Now it’s just a bunch of people trying to be shocking and offensive with little to no comedic value.

4 Likes