How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

As an alliance player I can’t imagine not getting a Race youd like to play. :thinking:

A third ‘Wildmen’ faction? Yes please.

Ogres for horde so Me can smash. Ogre warrior for big meaty stone hammer warbreaker crushy crush!

Gnolls, Quillboar, Kobolds, Troggs, Murlocs, Saurok.
Maybe we could even get Mogu in there?

2 Likes

its not possible for these guys to be playable races

I lile your style.

False. Incredibly so.

Right? Cho’Gall is turning in his grave!

Maybe they can squeeze that through the lore mill with some goblin one-liners…“Hey boss, these guys keep breakin door frames in orgrimmar and smashing stuff–on accident! Can we shrink em, just a little? Look, this ray will temprarily shrink em when they’re in town or near a doorframe. Problem solved boss!”

You wouldn’t, that’s ok though. I wouldn’t be caught dead playing a silly fox furry. To each their own–be grateful that the orcs and trolls haven’t thrown your furry butt in a stew pot (yet) :wink:

2 Likes

the vulpera would more than likely kill them before they got the chance. a single vulpera assasinated and killed a naga leader in just one hit that we as players couldnt even touch and we are supposed to be the like strongest thing to exist in the world atm besides sylvanus and genn so that says alot about at the very least the vulpera assasins.
theres also a few other times where the vulpera showed they can be pretty scary considering how cute they are.

as for the comment about them being playable, no it is not possible. just because they have support for the weapons and armor in the game doesnt mean they can be playable. ogres are directly oposed to the alliance and the horde they are considered an evil faction, therefore they cannot be allies.
trolls were also considered an evil faction aside from the darkspeer but after zandalar the forest trolls and sand trolls are now allies because of a story reason. unless some kind of major story event happens the ogres can never be playable because they have 0 reason and no lore supporting factor to be

1 Like

and before youa rgue it the vulpera had a high story reason to join because if the horde didnt help them they would have stayed slaves until they were killed off or the sethrak rose to power and then killed them off.
the entire reason the vulpera are able to keep living is due to the horde, so they owe them alot and even say so when you do the vulpera starting quest, they want to repay the horde for all theyve done for them hence the story reason for them joining

1 Like

Stopped reading here because LOL. Nope, you are a furry–you’re not dangerous, you are an equal dose of creepy and cute. Your side job is to serve as the amorous pursuit of the romantically unconventional (and possibly lonely).

Your ‘assassins’ are just raccoons, stealing waste out of the orcs’ tavern garbage bins at night and being accidentally run over by street carts.

Accept your role and find peace with the furry mediocrity you have chosen.

1 Like

This is actually exactly what I envisioned.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

2 Likes

yea but i got my race, so i can be happy unlike you :v

1 Like

So… Kul’tirans? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

lmao poor kul tirans

1 Like

Aww, don’t be bitter. Thanks for bumping the ogre thread though :wink:

We could trade you our plural ‘you’ in exchange for your singular gender neutral ‘they’ :smiley:

I’m always happy to see Ogre threads pop up. It happens quite a bit, so it’s great to see other Ogre fans wanting playable Ogres as well. They may not be the most wanted playable race ever, but a decent amount of people do want them playable.

Playable Horde Ogres are something long overdue and is something I hope people continue to support. We already have three clans of them within the Horde (MU Stonemaul, AU Stonemaul, and the Dunemaul), and the MU Stonemaul Clan in particular have had a long history with the Horde. They joined the Horde in Warcraft III, play a big part of Dustwallow Marsh questlines, and are even helping the Horde in Feralas against the Gordunni threat and trying to take over Dire Maul for the Horde. They even helped chase Cho’Gall out of Dire Maul in their questline in Feralas.

Talking to Orhan Ogreblade in Feralas also shows how dedicated they are to being part of the Horde:

"The Stonemaul clan serves the Horde!

During the founding of Orgrimmar, when Kalimdor was being tamed as our people’s homeland, the hero Rexxar defeated the chief of the Stonemaul ogre clan.

They have served the Horde ever since, and I’ve called them in here to do the heavy lifting against the Gordunni clan."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Orhan_Ogreblade

It does bother me that a huge war with the Alliance occurred and there were no signs of the Horde Ogres anywhere. You’d think the Horde would’ve utilized all its members and had the Stonemaul help out somewhere. At this point, I could probably write a thesis paper over how much of a missed opportunity it is to not have the Stonemaul help out in BfA, let alone other world-ending threats we faced.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see more info on the Stonemaul Clan and the other Horde Ogre clans in general, as well as show off some support for playable Horde Ogres and ideas for them, you can check out my Stonemaul Ogre megathread here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-unofficial-stonemaul-ogre-playable-race-discussion-megathread/670660

Regardless, keep showing off support! I know I’ll continue to dream of a day we finally see Ogre player characters walking around Orgrimmar!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Because they are Big chonky chonguses who wouldn’t fit through doorways or wear armor properly.

Too much a Unit to be a playable race.

1 Like

Some people fail to understand comedy references

https://media.giphy.com/media/EY9lb0xY0OnPq/giphy.gif

Plus is speaking in big words really something that is necessary when we have goblins to do the thinking for us?

3 Likes

Dude, you rock, I didn’t know even half of that ogre lore stuff. Sounds like they aren’t just wanted, they have a legit spot in the story.

3 Likes

maybe cuz they’re fat, ugly, dumb looking and it’d be nice if we actually had enemies in the game that aren’t a playable race? shrug

1 Like

You give me something bigger than a Tauren AND it’s a druid? I support this message. New main for sure.
Edit: lvled 4 toons in draenor and yup, ogres shoulda been around long time

2 Likes

You sound very bitter for someone who has the word ‘optimist’ in their name lol

1 Like