How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

They have no female models?

Though following Blizzard’s trend, just slap some tusk stubs on a Kultiran woman and done. Can’t have the women of any race look like anything but slightly exotic sexy human women.

i would simple say it make no sense and alliance players would be more mad than horde ones to get an ugly ogre instead of white elves.

If alliance players almost had a stroke with kul’tirans imagine what they would do with ogres.

i would not like sure, but i would not burst in flames like you do with vulperas on horde though.

alliance players and elves are not something i take in account, “race is ugly” is not an argument.

so the alliance can get another? :joy:

No, they should be a core race. They are not a subspecies of an existing race.

Plus, nobody wants to have to grind rep to unlock a race.

1 Like

No, you are defacto wrong, since they can be playable and were considered by the devs in cata.

it sure is one of he reasons that mean they can.

thats literally false, since there is 2 ogre clans, not counting other subgroups, current in the horde, so they are not an evil faction and are already allies, so you are wrong

since you are ignorant about their lore you should rly talk like a expert. rly, Stonemaul, Dunemaul clan are allied with the horde, mok’nathal is a clan allied with the horde who have ogres, the gorian ogres who came to azeroth with the maghar in bfa are also now horde

so yeah 0 reason is bs from you cause there is plenty of reason and plenty of lore supporting.

I knew you wouldn’t like it.

It doesn’t seem that Blizzard cares what the alliance likes.

Why not?
It seems to be the only thing that Blizzard seems willing to do for Ally.

this only further prooves my point that none of you know how game design works lol

1 Like

Marketing comes up with ideas and not devs or players. Marketing says furry and small and the artists comply.

Rep grinds for allied races aren’t in the game anymore afaik and as far as not a subspecies, neither is vulpera

Allied races in general require you to play a character you don’t actually want to play to unlock the race you do want to play.

Vulpera may not be a subspecies but they share a similar rig to goblins. Plus, they were more requested then gilgoblins.

I used my tauren to unlock vulperas.
I have Dark irons unlock and could have used my worgen to unlock any allied race from allience.
But the others ( purple Blood elves, kultirans and junkgnomes ) are a disappointment and walking shame.

When we want something, we make the via cruxis to conquer them.
People, over the course of 2 years, just don’t have allied races that didn’t want to have the job of unlocking.

The most striking thing is that gilgoblins were never on the devs’ plans.
Vulperas, in turn, was something that was spent a lot of time and resources.

Yeah I get it, we all went through the process it takes to unlock them.

I’m just saying from a conceptual standpoint the system is flawed in my eyes.

“Oh look there’s this race I want to play but I have to do a whole bunch of requirements and then in order to keep all the progress I earned on this character I made, I have to fork over $25.”

But I digress, Allied Races were Blizzard’s way of giving us subraces which if you aren’t aware are existing factions of the core races albeit with different looks. Ogres themselves are not a subspecies of any existing races we have atm. They are their own race, hence why they should be a core race, not an allied race.

Edit: And before you say the vulpera, I already explained that in my post above.

Do you have a source on that?

When Vulpera were first datamined, Blizzard said they weren’t planned to be a playable race. But people kept on requesting for them to be playable so here we are.

I don’t really care for 'em but I say yes! Always yes for more options and stuff. Ogre dance

3 Likes

Blizzard is doing wherever alliance cry this days, you just get blood elf skin colors, stop being melodramatic

dude stop this HE thing, you already have void elves, who look like then

i mean, you literally just straight up lied about lore and their situation, nothing of what you said have any game design in mind, especially when devs were going to do ogres in cata but opted for goblins

just use kul’tiran rig and you good

vulpera are their own race yet they exist

they specific said new races would come with the allied race system because is easier and don’t require a whole starting zone a new expansion to do

you didn’t, since they can be done in the same way

Ogres already have their own model

Even if they did, having to do quests + grind rep for a character is still dumb imo.

And before you point out that they removed the rep requirements for the current allied races that we have, what’s to say that ant future allies races we get wont have rep requirements?

Also as for your point about starting zones, any new races could just go to exile’s reach.

But I did:

Is that why we received blood elves painted in purple and not real High Elves that left Silvermoon and never joined the horde and swore death to Alliance?
Is that why we received junkgnomes that have no connection with history and anything in BfA?
Is that why we get obese kultirans and not vrykuls?

No. Blizzard serves the alliance when it’s convenient and never compromises the pride of the horde.

As usual, blizzard did what it wanted.

They are a placebo. You can swallow a placebo and be happy.
If it were to give High elves, that the true High Elves be given and not a copy made in Silvermoon that by lore, never cared about the alliance.
Or else don’t do anything. Keep what you have always said and do not change the purple blood elves to be like the blood elves that are like the high elves whose appearance would blur the lines between the factions.

1 Like

Ogres should have been included long ago. They have many of the qualifications already for a playable race. They have lots of classes available to them we see on the enemy ogres out in the world (Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Hunter). You could argue the armor might be an issue but I personally do not think it really needs to show much. This has been a high demand race since the release of the game. How it has eluded the player base for so long is baffling.

2 Likes

No room for Ogres in this Elvish and Forsaken Horde…

Totally agree. I could see them being a warlock or DK too.

The selfish part of me would love to see a cheesy unlockable to let them be rogues (lots of stealth ogre memes in their games) or druids (because the firms would be derpy one-eyed monstrosities and I’d love it).

Seriously, don’t you want to be an ogre that, when they mount up, that means throwing a horse over their shoulder and just running faster? Wow…so much potential fun.

But it has not been present as something important in the plans of the devs.
They need to plan how, where and why to include ogres in the horde.
Devs have another story in motion and for now, ogres are not part of it.

They know which breeds are most desired by the players but prefer to include the ones they chose in advance, for the narrative.
So vrykul, ogre, taunka, saurok and others stand in line for possibilities.

The current history of warcraft is told to devs and not to players.
Do devs like ogres and their history?

For size issues just give them a shrink potion racial off CD and GCD. Just makes them Tauren sized, then when active the ability turns into a grown potion.

1 Like