High Elves are not blue-eyed Blood Elves

Can we all please calm down?

1. Nothing is confirmed. People have datamined several eye colors and glows for Blood Elves, including blue eyes. Nowhere it is indicated whether these blue eyes will be something players can choose or whether they’ll be an exclusive option for NPCs. Dataminers have also found a High Elf skin with blue underwear, nails and jewelry, and that won’t be an option for playable Blood Elves, obviously. Remember that among the Blood Elf files there have always been High Elf and Dark Ranger skins not available to players since TBC, this isn’t something new.
  2. Even if Blood Elves had blue eyes, that doesn’t mean they’re High Elves (the Alliance specific group that has always been requested). An eye color does not make a Thalassian elf a High Elf - blue eyed Blood Elves are still those who joined the Horde, mana tapped animals, expelled those other vegan High Elves who rejected doing so, decorated their homeland with Fel crystals and, most importantly, actively kill Alliance on sight. Blue eyed Blood Elves are not the Silver Covenant elves, the Highvale elves, the Allerian Stronghold elves or the rest of High Elves in Dalaran and Stormwind, for instance.
  3. Whether Blood Elves have blue eyes or not, High Elves still qualify as an Allied Race, as they’re a subfaction of an existing core race with enough sociopolitical differences. The model or eye color is irrelevant - Blizzard just needs to follow the Kul Tiran approach and give them a new model.

So please, just calm down, everybody, that includes people both for and against playable Alliance High Elves.

Thanks.

38 Likes

Exactly.

Don’t understand why folk thought blue eyes meant high elf.

It means blood elves get blue eyes. Not the end of the request, or at least it shouldn’t be.

22 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves

Know your lore, not too mention what the devs have said.

52 Likes

They are asking for the high elves that remained Alliance. Not blood elves.

Whether the two races are the same race is immaterial.

26 Likes

Well, what it seems to be saying is that High Elves that remained Alliance can be counted on one hand, while the rest are all hanging out in Ogrimmar

6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rofl:
A what now?

3 Likes

One day blizzard will just kill off the silver Covenant

16 Likes

You are more than able to continue to ask for something you won’t get, and acting like you are a victim of bias/favoritism because you won’t get it.

The fact they are the same race is why they won’t get what they are asking for.

29 Likes

Give it up… the High Elf are the Blood Elf . It says so in the character screen of BE. Give it up . Alliance will never have a high elf race .

17 Likes

Then what about pandaren

They are the exact same race but can be in both faction

3 Likes

True. Trust me, I would know.

1 Like

Maybe so. They still should continue asking.
Blue eyes alone do not change what they are asking to play.

Blizzard keeps using them, has had them since vanilla. The high elves in the Alliance are a thing and until they remove them or have the story draw them off in some fashion,(destruction or becoming void elves something like that) the request should continue if that’s what they want to play.

10 Likes

They are one race split between two factions. They aren’t one race pretending to be two separate races on two separate factions.

8 Likes

They were designed to be neutral.

Notice how the Pandaran have basically had no story added, and they haven’t repeated the same mistake?

The Pandas definitely weren’t released on one faction, then turned into a neutral race.

9 Likes

Don’t tell me what to do!

1 Like

I’m all for giant fat High Elves.

8 Likes

Blizzard is backtracking and bastardizing and retconning lore all the time.

I cant wait for.void elves to get fair skin options

2 Likes

Alliance tears still flowing

9 Likes

I kinda hope they don’t. High elves the way players want them would lend themselves better as a separate AR.

Not that that is likely.

1 Like

By that logic, Void Elves are High Elves. It’s the transitive property after all. I want more skin options for Void Elves and shoehorn the High Elves into the Void Elves and give them more skin options. No need for another new race. Split the High Elves between Void and Blood.

1 Like