High Elf POSITIVITY Thread šŸ˜Ž

Finally :heart:

1 Like

You know I actually am not a fan of Tolkien fantasy. I never could get into his works, and I actually like the Elves in WoW better lol.

1 Like

Just give them the option to tag themselves as a High Elf from the start. Doing so would allow them to have the Paladin option maybe at the expense of Warlocks. Their racials can be the exact same thing essentially just renamed and changed visually to something Arcane themed.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind it but using it as the ā€œbibleā€ of sorts for other fantasy? Bah nah. Lets leave that where it was. Pay homage to the roots but donā€™t define yourself by them.

1 Like

Please, no. Leave my Warlocks alone :sob:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not really reasonable. High Elves are an Alliance race.

1 Like

Tbf I think there actually is a High Elf warlock trainer in Dalaran now that I think about it. So that might make sense lol.

1 Like

Just give Void Elf Paladins for those who want to be a High Elf Paladin, and just give Vulpera Druids, then we can call it even.

BUT NOBODY IS TAKING AWAY WARLOCKS FROM VOID ELVES!

5 Likes

I mean, I want to be a High Elf, but canā€™t do it if I canā€™t be a Warlock.

Iā€™m not the biggest fan of Vulpera but I can see them as Druids. Their forms would be interesting. At that point though I think the Alliance would be short 1 or 2 druid races. Obviously we can fix this by doing the same thing with Dwarves. Give dwarves who choose the Wildhammer option to have access to Druids. If we need a bonus give High Elves druids too.

1 Like

Well, reason why I suggested Vulpera Druids as to oppose giving Void Elves paladins, because then it gives the same even amount as class/race comboā€™s on both factions. Considering that there is 101 total race/class comboā€™s in game per faction, wouldnā€™t be fair to give Alliance more race/class comboā€™s without evening it up for the Horde too.

It doesnā€™t make lore sense thoughā€¦
Same for vulpera druids.

1 Like

Yeah. Heā€™s a, ā€œSummonerā€ by rank. But he taught warlock skills.

Only thing I donā€™t agree with is the Allianceā€™s discrepancy in Paladins versus Horde Shamans.

Alliance should have more paladins and Horde should have more Shaman, which they do, but the Alliance is nearly at the same rate of Paladin as the Horde is.

Especially if we take away the ā€œAR parent race/comboā€, the Alliance, in that sense, has 3 Paladin races to the Hordes 3 Paladin races, except with the Horde having 5 shaman races, to the Alliances 3.

4 Likes

People love High Elves. I hope Blizz realize this.

3 Likes

Alright well my sub will be running out in the next 2 weeks.

Just wanted to drop in to say Iā€™m glad void elves are getting new options to look similar to high elves.

However,
While itā€™s nice that Blizzard acknowledges high elf fans, I think they need to be aware as well that void elf skins, while nice, will not erase high elves unless they explicitly do so in game.

Itā€™s still just another compromise for something that should have been added in Legion as a counterpart to the nightborne, and itā€™s unfortunate that Ion is still stubborn about it.

And I feel like this whole wave of toxicity and spite that Ion (unintentionally) unleashed when he said ā€œthe horde is waiting for youā€ was really crappy and just made for 2 years of unnecessary bickering.

Baby steps I guess! But this is a victory regardless.

12 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Iā€™ve been on the fence about Shadowlands because of the way this was handledā€¦

Waiting to see. Maybe Iā€™ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I agree, also as I started typing this I realized Iā€™m on my Priest lol hello again blue background like I love Blood Elves and High Elves of the Alliance. But I really dislike this ā€œwell to be like Tolkien Elves Blizzard needs toā€ or ā€œthey are based off Tolkien so Blizzards need to, x,y,zā€ I prefer the WoW setting and I mean I think there is LOTRO unless Iā€™m mistaken but I think that exists for the Tolkien fans who want Tolkien lol.

ASOIAF is heavily based on the war of the roses, and I love seeing the parallels and the inspiration from it, but I donā€™t expect Martin to explicitly follow the actual history he pulls from to make characters like thatā€™s where that ends and his world begins.

1 Like

I beg to differ, the customizations in shadowlands seem to be aimed at what people want to see in the game as diverse

Truth be told the Alliance trust high elves twice as much as they trust night elves.

1 Like