High Elf Customizations for Void Elves

He sounds fair to me, perhaps it’s your standard of fairness that isn’t accurate.

1 Like

I’m an unholy DK. Being nasty is like, my thing man.

1 Like

Have no fear. I can promise you that at least one person (me) will be asking for more void-themed customization just as soon as the High Elf aesthetic is complete! We don’t even need copy/pastes of Blood Elf hairstyles and colors to do it. Just share the Kul Tiran hair textures and some Human hairstyles and bam, done.

I’ve got a list of void-themed options I’d like to see once the High Elf aesthetic is complete:

• Additional skin tones with the void corruption on hands/feet
  • A tentacle toggle for hair (like the Night Elf vine toggle) to add tentacles to currently non-tentacled hair (and remove tentacles from currently tentacled hair)
  • Void-scarred skin options similar to how Demon Hunters have skin options with those glowy fel scars all over their bodies with void-colored.
  • A blue-black eye option similar to the heritage wings.
  • A questline like warlock green fire or some sort of racial glyph that changes the colors of all my spells to that blue-black void color that npc void spells use.
5 Likes

Ahh. You believe it is ok for the Alliance to receive incomplete customizations but in return the Horde should get full customizations?

Your idea of fair may need some calibration. Break out the Mechagnome. breaks glass container with a mechagnome behind it

1 Like

That last person who deserves to judge what is fair is you my guy.

You have outright said “void elves don’t deserve more customizations because blood elves need better customizations”.

2 Likes

Void Elves should have visual distinction from Blood Elves.

Hair will be that distinctor.

3 Likes

Hairstyles perhaps. There is no reason for haircolors to be that thing.

1 Like

VEs have two themes one of which belongs to Horde first and is the primary theme for BEs. I’m not against VEs receiving more things to complete their secondary, not primary theme. But I don’t think holding hostage BE customization is a tit for tat when those customizations are Horde anyways and Blood Elves are a core race which during this time of core race customizations still would take precedent.

1 Like

Its hard to notice style at a distance. Not so much color. So it’ll stay color.

VE’s have one and a half themes.

Hands him hair dye

“Then I think that you need to correct… The Pandaren Problem.”

Pandaren were neutral from the start. Blood Elves were basically given to the Alliance when they had already been Horde.

So, nah. If Blizz was ever going to do it, they would have done it alongside the skin tones and eye colors. No ‘white’ elf for you.

According to who? The same people who cite WC2 lore and refuse to accept BEs being Horde? Excuse me if I don’t adhere that analysis. I play both and advocated for Alliance HEs and I think the compromise is quite nice.

Okay look, let me try to simplify this.

Despite Velves being the AR to Belves, they got belf skins (minus hair cuz come on they’re not neutral), to appease herlfers.

Which is fine and dandy since it makes somewhat sense seeing as how alleria still looks normal.

However, now we got the problem in that velves have both what makes them Unique as a playable and pure options that are literally a copy and past from their parent Race.

In that case, it is only fair that belves get a magically influenced customization option to balance out the velve’s void corruption.

You can have Light forms due to the sunwell, Undead elves that were once loyal to sylvanas, or sanlyan options from some quest line event in revendreth similar to nelf black eyes.

Im not saying the differences need to be exact. There just need to be a CLEAR difference.

In this case, both belves and helves have “pure” options, and magically enhanced options.

1 Like

You’re gonna have to dye those Panda’s. It’s the only way. Precedent doesn’t really matter.

(Observation): Playable Worgen are Gilneans, not all of whom are Worgen. The Worgen Heritage questline even makes a big deal about Tess, the future Queen of Gilneas (and thus the Worgen) will remain a Human, and not receive the Worgen Curse.

(Commentary): Please remind Blizzard of this. The only notable fat Kul Tirans have been Ashvane, a villain, and Cyrus, whom I’ll be amazed if we ever hear from again unless Taelia needs someone to die for a character growth arc.

3 Likes

First of all, I’ll remind you, I’m all for Blood Elves getting Dark Ranger customizations.

I was pointing out hypocrisy.

and also, you can’t say that “Void Elves” have the “Blood Elf” theme or “High Elf” theme when they don’t. They’ve got High Elf skin colors. They don’t have the hair colors. So they don’t have the theme.

1 Like

Yeah you say that but the first thing you do is tear down DR customizations for BEs in an argument for HEs? Interesting.

1 Like

So distinct!

https://i.imgur.com/qd1PSSC.jpg

Its hard to notice style at a distance. Not so much color. So it’ll stay color.

That’s not really your decision to make.