High Elf Customizations for Void Elves

Let me simplify this.

You’re arguing against Void Elf customization, but are for Dark Ranger customization.

The Void Elf customization isn’t complete, but you’re arguing for a complete Dark Ranger customization.

In order for your statements to be fair and not hypocritical, you’ve gotta go into the Dark Ranger forums and argue against Dark Rangers getting complete customization. However that looks. So the implementation of red eyes, or undead skins, but not both.

It’s the only way for you to not be hypocritical in this situation. Otherwise you’re just arguing against Alliance Elves getting stuff. Which is what it appears you’re doing.

(Observation): Thankfully, it’s not really necessary. All that needs to happen is tweaking the Two-Forms racial into a permanent effect that lasts until cancelled. Likewise, Worgen and Kul Tirans both have access to classes that Stormwind Humans don’t, and vice versa.

I agree they should be more seperate, Velves should show more void seeping through.

2 Likes

not this again! just no. I can get behind some tat’s that can reflect their sun symbolistic culture, but they are not infused with light in the same vein as void elves are infused with the void. And if they are, the same arguement can be made for HE’s since they draw from the same source.

I’m not against velf customizations, you got them already didn’t you? More than any other AR. I’m against making them look like a copy and past of belves while also not giving belves their own magical look despite velves stealing their pure options.

But that goes against the whole point of them being “High Elf Customization options” as Blizzard has labeled them.

2 Likes

Void Elves should get voidier options, but they should never get blonde hair. Sorry not sorry.

2 Likes

Regular skin tones do not belong to any race.

If you want to play this game, most regular skin tones belong to the Alliance because Horde races are not regular humanoids, they all have wildly varying skin colors that we would not consider “normal”.

It’s a good thing that absolutely no one is holding your ability to ask for blood elf customization hostage without demeaning or demanding that others receive nothing.

As Nico has told you countless times, high elf fans don’t want to carbon copy blood elf customization, we would love new high elf customization, inspired by the faction they’ve always been with in the Alliance.

2 Likes

My using Dark Rangers in a Thought Experiment has nothing to do with actually lobbying against them.

If you’re going to say, “I don’t want this to happen because it’s not fair.” then you can’t have a completely different set of standards for your own faction.

1 Like

Nope sorry, if you choose to be a worgen then you’re a worgen, the human skill is purely for flavor and RP reasons. If you choose to be a KT then you’re fat.

It was just an option, I’m more for either undead or sanlyan.

I think what blood elves need now is San’layn Options. The High Elf Stuff is already for the most part pretty much done with Blue Eyes and etc.

There needs to be like Dark Side Dark Elves for Blood Elves in terms of customization Options.

1 Like

Does it make any sense for the High Elf implementation Alliance side given to people by Blizzard to not have the hair colors of High Elves?

2 Likes

Well to be fair… some pro-helfers have asked for straight up copy/pastes of Blood Elf hairstyles and colors. While I wouldn’t object to them, I’d rather the Kul Tiran hair textures and some Human hairstyles if I am honest.

I would also like to be on record as agreeing with Lann that Blood Elves should get the Darkfallen aesthetic options as a second theme… but I also agree that options for Void Elves should not be held hostage by options for Blood Elves and vice versa.

4 Likes

You don’t have to apologize for your opinion. We can simply agree that our opinions differ.

I’m sure if void elves received any amount of regular colors and non-grease boy hair customizations, most high elf fans wouldn’t care if they were different from blood elf hairstyles.

5 Likes

In the old RPG book, Blood Elves were supposed to have elaborate hairstyles. I felt like the kind of muted hairstyles you usually saw High Elves with really fit that description of half the race trying to look like, “Hook’s” Rufio.

Hair styles also have very little to do with what makes up a race. You can style your hair any way you want.

For a race to be missing it’s hair colors makes it not feel like that race at all.

4 Likes

I guess I doubt your ability to accurately do this with your disregard to the fact that the situations aren’t comparable. So I guess we can just write it off.

Rude. Not the rudest apology I’ve ever received though, so apology accepted.

I just suggest the Kul Tiran hair textures and Human hairstyles because that option seems to give everyone what they want (assuming they actually want distinction and aren’t just trying to gatekeep options).

Since the Kul Tiran hair texture files are strangely similar to Void Elf hair textures, and it’s been proven that they work with Void Elf hairstyles, I think they’d work as a good way to give the High Elf aesthetic, without copying colors from Blood Elves. So while there would be a shade of blonde available to Void Elves this way, it’s not a shade that Blood Elves have.

Void Elf male hair using Kul Tiran hair textures:
https://i.imgur.com/pAlTjMl.jpg

I also suggest some Human hairstyles because it is often implied, and mentioned outright at least once in game, that Humans and High Elves tend to “intermingle”. This gives more options that can work for the High Elf aesthetic, without copying any hairstyles unique to Blood Elves.

Void Elf male using some Human hairstyles:
https://i.imgur.com/KJHeyAh.jpg

In this way distinction is preserved but the High Elf aesthetic for Void Elves is complete. All without copying anything unique to Blood Elves.

2 Likes