High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

TL;DR, though I did skim and I’m sure it’s possible I’d play one (I didn’t need the lesson to be fair, I already know all about them). So many people want these unless they let Sin’dorei defect and get blue eyes I feel their coming to the game is inevitable. Ignore the faction trolls and reflect on the fact that blizz not putting them in at this point would just be out of spite, which would be very unbecoming. At the very least, they’ll do it when they feel they’re on their last gasp with subs.

7 Likes

Actually culturally too. Blood Elves changed some customs in remembrance of their fallen kin. High Elves probably have a mixed culture now as they have spent a long time with the Alliance.

Hmm it says here “Now known as Blood Elves.” That implies they are no longer High Elves. Even lore from WC3 said they dont consider themselves High Elves to remember their fallen. Biologically they are the same as High Elves, but they no longer affiliate themselves with those that continue the High Elf name.

To have pvp and extra story? Oh wait. High Elves fight Blood Elves, so adding High Elves will add more pvp, and they both continue the story.

6 Likes

Not to mention in an earlier interview he seem for playable Alliance high elves, even posed them as a hypothetical. Since then he’s given several interviews where he reversed his position, even using the term “we”. This makes me think that they discussed it and decided it wasn’t a good idea.

1 Like

I think the Ren’dorei were added to start the process.

2 Likes

…Or as a replacement.

1 Like

You know in the video you posted he said they didn’t want to do it in the expansion about the two factions fighting each other, right?

2 Likes

Haha like.

Ok guys…this is a test to see how yall respond to having the same model on a different faction.

2 Likes

they changed an adjective to honor the fallen. the race is high elf. thats why development tells you blood elves are high elves, not blood elves are blood elves

no they dont. if they did they wouldnt be allowed to lay eyes on their homeland and the sunwell again

besides blizzard is setting up a light vs void dichotomy for the elves. thats the future of the high elf story

1 Like

No to get the horde use to seeing Sin’dorei model on the Alliance Side, With customization options coming later for Silver Covenant.

i am now a proud member of fyrebusche anonymous! the thread is so much better! i can deal with tarrok and hecatone and even softsong, but fyrebusche is like…gloom. gloom. glooooom. whew .

proceed you lovely people and callistus, you’re freakin’ awesome!

13 Likes

You are aware he definitely didn’t suggest they were a possibility?

Here’s another one…

I do my best to just ignore her. I need to keep my mental health.

15 Likes

Can we get these Blood Elves back instead of the preppy ones who where hiding in Silvermoon’s ruins?

6 Likes

Don’t encourage him, he’s one of the worst trolls on the pro side.

3 Likes

They changed a lot actually, not just their “adjective”.

Lol and? Im sure a lot of High Elves havent been to see the Sunwell since it was fixed. They really dont even have to go back since the Sunwell reaches them everywhere. Lor’themar already said he doesnt want to lead a divided nation, so basically anyone that opposes him isnt allowed back.

Haha again, you must be the only writer at Blizzard. There is no source for this. Some Blood Elves have the Light/golden eyes and there are Some Blood Elves that went all Void-y. But there is no source that ALL Blood Elves are Light/golden eyed or that they will make more Void Elves.

8 Likes

like what :face_with_monocle:

blood elves make it very clear they care very much about their history and traditions

1 Like

The Alliance got Void Elves… so, murlocs? Light Forged Murlocs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He really is.

1 Like

Rigid factioning has always been my biggest irk with this game since day one, I came from EQ where you could grind rep with an “evil” race even if you were “good,” and vice versa. It was fun seeing that one person who actually did it. I didn’t come to this game for factions, and I hate RTS’s so I definitely didn’t come here from the prior franchise. This game is vastly superior overall to EQ but the factioning was a pure step backwards imo. Doesn’t stop me from playing (I never PvP so the opposing faction is mere smoke and mirrors to me, and actually keeps my single RL friend who still plays from us playing together), but if they introduced ways to gain rep with the opposite side tomorrow I’d cheer.

14 Likes

`https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_elf

You can go down to the Culture part. It talks about it. Also, You used a WoWwiki link one time. That hasnt been updated since WotLK days. Just an FYI. The material on that site is dated.

9 Likes

It’s the same thing. He literally gives the same canned response. Just nobody bothered watching that one so nobody knew to get angry until the next one. Probably why he thought it would work. Haha.

16 Likes