Permalocking threads with community flags

Several threads are being locked through spamming community flags so the discussion is silenced. Such as this: High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation) - #12280 by Callistus-wyrmrest-accord which has been community locked “for a day” for over a month. I just saw it open and then immediately be locked for “too many community flags”.

Why is this being allowed, can it be disabled, and why is no action being done to stop this abuse of the flagging system?

The fact topics like this are being silenced by salty, unruly, and report abusing forum posters is unbelievable. The system is broken, and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

The system is in place to help prevent a great deal of abuse that can happen, and it has been adjusted over time to help address situations like you describe. I don’t know if we’re willing to remove it entirely, but it has been under discussion.

As for action taken, our moderation team does take action for verified abuse of the system. Understand though, we do not wish to discourage folks using the reporting system. They are allowed to be uncertain if a thread may not be in violation and reporting to ask that it be reviewed. For obvious false reported our moderation will and does penalize the verified accounts.

No system is perfect and we will continue to review our systems and work on making improvements. Those do take time though.

Keep in mind, this forum and, by extension, Support forum agents like myself, are not moderators nor do we design or maintain these forums. You are welcome to post your feedback in the relevant areas of the forum, such as Website Bug Report.

4 Likes