High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

I’d rather the game die than have Helves as the allied race for Gnomes or Worgen.

Haha whoa there crazy turn. I do like Void Elves. I feel like they need to be expanded upon tremendously. That doesnt mean High Elves cant be introduced. They are two completely different groups of people now. I like Thalassian Elves in general and hope to see them flourish in any way they can. High Elves being playable will help make this happen.

2 Likes

Aww come on now. Gnomes and Worgen deserve an AR too (i may have misread but im not editing anything else)

why are you so against something that would make other people happy

1 Like

We do we only care about the happiness of helfers?

But where in lore has there ever been a large congregation of these supposed “High Elves” outside of the Lich King expansion as city guards?

Why would they be the allied race for gnomes or worgen? Those’ll probably be mechagnomes and saberon.

1 Like

That seems a bit unnecessarily selfish, don’t you think? There are some people who hate Void Elves completely for existing in the game, but they’re still around. You can just…let lie the things you don’t like and let people enjoy their thing.

Sometimes I’m reminded of the old threads about more skimpy armor with some of the responses I see to discussion about the possibility of playable High Elves. scratches head

the highvale elves are still alive i think

I had a thought about the Allied Race system eventually becoming a collapsible option on the character creation screen under the “Core” races, so if they wanted to continue to expand on the fantasy of playing different iterations of the same race, they could do so.

Such as Wildhammer and Dark Iron, or Lightforged Draenei and Broken Krokul, Human and Kul Tirans, etc…

That’s not to say they can’t keep adding “Core” races, such as making High Elves a “core” race and adding a collapsible slot for Void Elves.

There’s passionate people and REALLY passionate people about everything.

Just because we have frequent posters, doesn’t mean that’s the “entirety” of people who want High Elves, people often stop by voice their support and continue on.

10 Likes

Some are in the Alliance capitol cities as well as the lodges around Azeroth. One of those lodges did become wretched so theyre out of the picture. But they do have Elves outside of the SC.

1 Like

Oreo cookies are the best cookies.

[quote=“Talendrion-wyrmrest-accord, post:9416, topic:182516”]
The devs have explicitly said they have assimilated into the alliance and human culture.[quote]
I would not hang onto devs when it comes to lore.

Do we see it in game? No.
Thisis different from say, Chris Metzen saying Sylvanas has always been the evil person she displayed, because that is supporting what we know, and adding onto it further.

Oh please don’t give that poor argument. People were perfectly capable of seeing and experiencing goblin culture prior to their existence. Same for Jinyu, Ankoan, and Gilblins whom you work along side.
Why is it that high elves do not have such a thing compared to the examples I provided?
Why is it every opportunity to show high elf culture shows them either

A. Acting just like blood elves
B. Having architecture like blood elves (allerian strong hold)
C. indulging in blood elf culture (pilgrimage to sunwell).

Ion says a lot of things, and sometimes they are true, sometimes they are false.
Until the story says so, blood elves and high elves have the same culture just like it has been for the past 15 years this game has been out, and the past 30 years in which the schism occurred.
The most recent example is Alleria and Vareesa claiming silvermoon as their home, and blood elves as their people. Two of the most prominent high elves.

How is it preposterous when it is demonstrated in both the books and the games?.

Why do people think those stinking rats would be the worgen AR?

They use the Worgen Rig, the Alliance should get something from WoD, etc…

Why not? They’d be like an Azeroth version of Khajiit almost. I say almost since obviously Saberon and Khajiit are quite different in a lot of respects but given the idea behind Allied Races, I can see them being added eventually. Blizz’ll find a way!

1 Like

I would not take the things devs say as correct unless it falls in their department of design.
Much of the time, Ion’s statements on gameplay or game design are concrete and consistent.
Lore? All over the place.

Hence, the only thing really worth hanging on to is him saying “the horde are waiting for you.” since it refers to game design.
Him stating what relationship the high elves have, their hub existence (kind of finnicky), or other lore nitty gritties I wouldn’t consider.
That I would consider more along the lines of the story devs since they have to know the lore.

Now if you discount EVERYTHING the devs say, then, high elves still wouldn’t be playable.

Exactly! This is what I was picturing. It would be a way better UI as well.

Im a proponent of faction walls coming down and this would be the way I would see character creation for it. Like you would choose Kal’dorei and choose between Nightborne and Night Elves. Thalassians would have Quel’ Sin’ and Ren’ options. It would even help the implementation of future ARs too.

I got your back.

A bit disappointing it kinda died.

6 Likes

They have no culture, and precious little intelligence. Everything from WoD was terrible, except BRF and the tier sets.

I mean, velves? Things can change.