High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Not wrong. But at least theyre from another planet and have completely unique lore

Did they now? Well in that case make your Helf

High elves don’t even differ from blood elves in skin color.
If they were blue then maybe it would be a different allied race.
Hue

Considering after those 15 years, they still visit the sunwell, still consider silvermoon their home, it is very clear that such a suggestion is purely a matter of you assigning something that is not there.

Why is it everytime I ask for examples of this different culture there are none to provide?
Why is it that in game, we have high elves going to the sunwell despite having a different culture?
Or prominent high elves, three of which state “Silvermoon is my home. I wish to see the sunwell.” along with blood elves agreeing?
high elves clearly don’t think they have a different culture, that is something suggested only by those desiring them being playable.

Are you implying that individuals who leave their homeland do not bring their culture with them? This has largely been the case, and we have no actual examples of high elves demonstrating a different culture out of theory. We do have demonstration of the opposite.

It’s like…void elves went through this whole storyline demonstrating how they became a different race disconnected from the sunwell.

But hey, let’s make high elves playable who don’t have ANYTHING different.

This is headcanon stop repeating it.

This is false again. Headcanon

only with fel corrupted individuals.

They are, mag’har means “not green” in orcish dude.

Per blizzard they are the same race, just like kul tirans are the same race as stormwind humans.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of arguing on the Vulpera thread too, and the San’layn thread. So, all three threads have communities that are very passionate about them. These are races worth adding, in my opinion. This kind of enthusiasm is something Blizzard should be investing on considering how poorly BFA has been performing.

5 Likes

Theve added several ARs since BfA dropped. I dont think new races are the solution. Probably has more to do with gamplay

1 Like

Really now? Sounds like someone is just making stuff up to hide his own racism. Nice projection though!

2 Likes

Pretty much this here. The loudest complaint I’ve seen is how the classes play and perform.

weeps in DK

1 Like

I didn’t mean to imply the issue with BFA is Allied Races. No, the issues are a lot worse than that, starting with design philosophy and moving into class balance and other territories.

I’m saying that in this horrible, horrible expansion, anything players are passionate and enthusiastic about is something they should be embracing.

6 Likes

Hard to gauge that. The forums are a vocal minority of knee jerk reactions. The moods on these forums changes rapidly

Well, Dev’s have acknowledged the demand for helves, so I think they’ve gauged it and acknowledged it. It’s just a matter of acting on it now.

Not only that, but the helf support has been on-going for over a year now, same as Vulpera and San’layn. So, these aren’t moods or opinions that have changed. They’re been refined if anything as people who are passionate about them add their ideas on what they want to an over-all concept.

10 Likes

Theyve also straight shot it down saying the horde are waiting. Is it really their words we want to put faith in?

ion said anything is possible in the future. he didnt flat out say no

They’ve also said, “You think you do, but you don’t,” to Legacy Servers. I mean, Ion himself said Zandalari would have normal Druid forms because it doesn’t make sense for them to have otherwise, and less than a week later, their dino druid forms got data-mined.

3 Likes

Exactly. Theyre idiots. So nothing they say really comes across as something to hang your hat on

They change their minds religiously

Claiming projection to mask your own claims at wanting “pale skinned blood elves for the Alliance” is reverse projection.

Not sure I catch the point of the conversation we just had then.

2 Likes

The devs have explicitly said they have assimilated into the alliance and human culture.

I don’t know how much clearer to put it. Those differences and cultural identity is what would be explored if they were, you know, playable.

Also to presume expats don’t care or yearn for their homeland is very… sigh.

Again, it has been explicitly stated that HE’s have been assimilated, by Ion himself of all of people; to which degree is entirely the point; how many of their elven traditions they follow, which ones they hold to, which ones have been forgotten.

To say that HE’s have the same culture than the elves of Quel’thalas is as preposterous as saying they follow completely human customs now. They have a unique context that OF COURSE will reflect in their culture, this is obvious.

9 Likes

Im just saying that what the devs say is often incorrect

A sword that cuts both ways then.

Devs are only incorrect when they disagree with me.

And me (idk what were doing)

1 Like