High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

The only Snek people I want to play as are Nagas.

1 Like

Agree. Though they’ve got some more support than some other races.

My personal opinion is that an Allied Race should at least capture 1% of the playerbase.

If you can’t get 1 guy out of 100 to play the race you spent months developing, I don’t think it was worth the investment, currently, from the design team. Just because there are races people genuinely want to play.

5 Likes

That would be hilarious and awesome but I doubt Blizzard will ever do it as it’s too intrusive to their million year old systems.

4 Likes

Explain junk gnomes then.

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

5 Likes

Naga Nelf transformations like Worgen Gilneans.

Not to mention Nagas are shown wearing Tier Armor, so armor is not an issue.

2 Likes

You know what I’d dig? Two headed Ogres played the same way as they’re played on Heroes of the Storm. Split the abilities up.

It would make for pretty hilarious RP too. One body, two people to chat/whisper.

5 Likes

Yeah. Naga are sick.

4 Likes

Junker Gnomes will grab 1%.

Might be from the already low current Gnome population. But people will make some Junkergnomes.

They’re talking about listening to the playerbase, so junkergnomes/vulpera are kind of a weak spot since they’re in so deep. Though people genuinely want Vulpera.

4 Likes

Vulpera/Junker Gnomes will be 10x the problem as Zandalari/Kul Trans as Kul Tirans actually introduced the concept of a Human Druid/Shaman as well as playing as what essentially amounts to an Ogre, a new concept as well.

Honestly it’s just silly that they expect these to have parity. At this point it’s almost blind.

5 Likes

Worgens were first. Gilneans are humans.

Yes but not really. You aren’t a Human during gameplay.

4 Likes

Tell that to my Gilnean Druid before he turns into a Worgen in the starting zone.

And that’s not including the fact that you can run around as a Human if you want.

I’ll tell him as soon as he stops wildly flinging his arms around while casting Solar Wrath.

5 Likes

Oh, no, you’re right. There will be tons of Vulpera… and like, not even from people that play Gnomes and Goblins.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if some people sign up to play some Vulpera.

and yeah. Junker Gnomes will pull from the current Gnome population.

6 Likes

Oh but all the Horde only players absolutely love them!

6 Likes
6 Likes

It’s really funny because when people complained about Kul’tiran many Horde players and Alliance Alts said they would trade them for Zandalari any day, praising Kul’tirans, but checking their Achievements today, no one of them has leveled a single Kul’tiran alt…

Always a fun read.

Mechagnomes is going to be the same thing, Horde players praising them, but even one year later after the race release, none of them will have a single Mechagnome leveled.

12 Likes

I don’t even have KTs unlocked yet.

What if the Worgen AR turned out to be a group of High Elves from the Dragon Isles who have learned how to transform into Drakonids from Nozdormu?

The combat form would always be the Drakonid, just like Worgen are always in wolf-form while in combat (except for druids of course). But then they could have a Two Forms style spell where you change back into your normal High Elf form.

12 Likes

That kind of takes away from being counted as a Worgen AR.