Herod - The People's PvP Server

After lengthy discussions between several large, interested groups of North American players, we have determined that Herod will be the preferred home for East Coast North American PvP players seeking a balanced Classic experience. As such we ask that all major streamers refrain from joining us here, as their disruptive influence is not welcome. Additionally, we are conceding the Thalnos server to South American PvPers but ask that group not encroach upon Herod. This should easily distribute interested parties between the three EST PvP servers: Streamers on Faerlina, South Americans on Thalnos, North Americans on Herod. Those of you looking for an English speaking, streamer free home, we welcome you to Herod.

263 Likes

Streamers back off, Herod is for the non streamer north americans

71 Likes

if true Will remember to join that server. Don’t want to get caught up in streamer cluster clucks

23 Likes

There will be enough manpower to ensure an unwelcoming home for streamer culture.

56 Likes

The funny part is that they will decide where they go…not you. If anything they have the power over you…

50 Likes

then its war

40 Likes

That’s why he said “we ask”, not “we demand”.

22 Likes

oh, streamers don’t want any problems, Herod will be Our non streamer home. The majority of streamers will have to go west coast or play with the south americans.

6 Likes

There will be headaches for streamers no matter where they play. But also since it will be layered you may not even know they are there for the first couple months… Hell if I was a streamer I would be rolling hear just for the lols and tears.

11 Likes

Imagine creating this illusion that a streamer will effect you in any way shape or form.

Imagine then putting this post up with the nerve of asking people to not play on a server because you created this self hateful imaginary issue with a group of people who don’t even know who you are.

55 Likes

How it is going to work for the streamers is. They will pick the timezone closest to them, the go through the realms in that time zone and attempt to get their name. All while there “Stan’s” will be trying to reserve their name for them on all the other servers. Which ever one the streamer gets their name on they will play on. This is why this is futile to attempt to claim a server.

1 Like

This is copypasta waiting to happen

9 Likes

I am not sure why you are so against people wanting a streamer free server. This has been a major talking point among the Classic community even prior to the server list being announced. Streamers are aware of, and have commented on, the fact that some people do not wish to play on servers they are on. That has very little to do with what we think of them personally and more to do with the disruption caused by their hordes of followers. I have personally watched and appreciated the updates from several major streamers as Classic grew closer. People are simply concerned about the effect they are going to have on the server as a whole.

As for the South American player-base, they should have been given their own servers. I think it’s a travesty they were not. However, they got together to decide which server they preferred and announced they would be rolling primarily on Thalnos. As a result those people wanting a primarily English speaking server will be avoiding Thalnos. This is no sleight against them and I wish them the best on the server they have chosen. We are simply trying to stake our own claim.

We are all well aware that we cannot force anyone to bow to our wishes. If major streamers decide that Herod is where they want to be we cannot stop them. If the Latino community decides they would like to join Herod, we cannot stop them either. We are simply trying to find a home server for those of us that would prefer to play on a server free of the influence of streamers and primarily English speaking.

I am unsure why you feel this is somehow hateful or otherwise requires “nerve” of some sort. Different groups are declaring where they will be playing and a large group of English speaking east coast PvPers who are not interested in playing with major streamers will be playing on Herod. Hopefully they respect our wishes and we can all enjoy the game in the way we wish to play it.

84 Likes

Seethe paypig.

31 Likes

Honestly from what it looks like, Herod is streamer’s pick, at least Asmongold. They’re going east coast, and Herod sounds coolest.

2 Likes

Soda already stated their top choice was Faerlina. We welcome them to it and hope they enjoy their community. We simply wish the opportunity to enjoy our own, free of their disruptive influence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/coft58/herod_the_peoples_pvp_server/

15 Likes

Thing is Soda and Asmon are just throwing dust, they already claimed they won’t reveal their realms until launch. My bet remains on Herod.

4 Likes

Launch? Not likely, monday latest.

To give people a chance to avoid the streamer server if they want, we WILL NOT be playing on Fairbanks (PvP West) or Thalnos (PvP East). Please share this around to let people know ![:heart:]

-Staysafe

Think Esfand said the same, I’d trust those 2 more than Asmon and Soda.

7 Likes

That’s great until you realize Thalnos will have a ton of portugese speakers like Warsong did, and you live on the east coast.

11 Likes