Have the graveyard spawns in AV always been so one sided?

SF is an optional GY built for the more heavily PvE version of AV. Its actually a hinderance in a lot of scenarios. Its funny such a big deal is made out of it when its often in a constant soft cap state as the battle for mid gys rages on.

1 Like

A huge, HUGE mistake

2 Likes

:thinking:

Your revisionist history is really getting tiresome.

2 Likes

Is this a troll??

Having SF would mean having a southern GY other than SH. When Alliance lose SH, it’s over. There’s no pushing back. You have Alliance rezzing 10 at a time at SP facing Horde at a narrow choke who are rezzing at SH with zero travel time, and at SF which is much, much closer.

This just shows you’re either trolling or have NO idea about ANYTHING having to do with AV.

Now what do you think would happen if the middle of the map were behind Galv and the Alliance cave behind IWB with the Horde cave far south by their base? Would SF not matter to Horde at all?? Did you even type this with a straight face???

4 Likes

You really don’t get it. SF can be the only thing that keeps alliance offense alive. With horde reaching SHGY within seconds of alliance and the easy mode choke it sets up for them, it is essential that alliance have a southern GY before losing SHGY. Every southern GY has a broken rez stacked against alliance. Why is that not sinking in?

2 Likes

SF doesnt even factor into most games. Most of the time its in a constant state of flux because every one ghosts it because no one really cares about it, as they should. But since theres a video of someone on a private server running to it from each cave and shows a discrepancy in time its a big deal game breaker of epic proportions by the cotton candy crowd.

1 Like

Much the same way math doesn’t factor into being an auditor. :roll_eyes:

In the world that exists outside your head, it absolutely does. Once again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

You accuse me of not knowing what Im talking about while you dont even know what game your playing.

Go back to retail.

Are you drunk? Serious question.

I haven’t played retail since 2015. Stop talking about things you have no knowledge of.

The reason why people played on private servers and wanted Classic was so they could go back to a time when little nuances like these werent homogenized and sterilized right out of the game - they actually add depth and flavor to the game which is something the main game doesnt have and hasnt had for a long time.

If you crave balance youre playing the wrong game. Period.

You’re 100 pct wrong… sfgy is where the horde go before shgy. They take that then have a 10 second run back to shgy instead of 25 from ibgy.

The issue begins when all these points are closer for the horde than alliance which they are. By the time alliance get to sfgy horde are already at the top capping it. It’s not fair and needs to change.

1 Like

I would like that to be common – maybe make it random each time.

The horde have gone soft after feasting in AV for so long. They used to summon Lok every game, now its rare again. They used to cover SF - now they ghost it because they might miss out on HKs and it gets ninja’d by solo alliance stealth.

Then the horde soft cap it again and ghost it again. Then it gets ninja’d again. And since its a 5 min cap its basically useless to both teams while the SHGY zergfest rolls on for 45 min while I try not to fall asleep in the BG.

Imagine if our cave was right next to SHGY like it is for you at IBGY.

You would literally never take it.

6 Likes

heh ya, how blizzard can be ok with the obvious issues with the spawn points is beyond me.

1 Like

Right back at ya, slick.

Can people please stop using this joke of an argument? Players from 15 years ago are not even close to the players now in both skill and knowledge.

2 Likes

By itself, you may make that argument BUT as one of three examples it is a solid argument . Your argument cannot explain WHY, in those three examples, that the results were different.

It is your argument that is a sad joke, you half arsed dismiss the first argument and ignoring the other two. Lets try to apply some logic, impress us all with your intellect, show us all where my premise is wrong.

This is my argument "The Horde win AV almost every match because the Horde that go into AV tend to be stronger (gear and level) than their Alliance counterparts"

If you are correct, YOU could easily disprove this by doing a few census runs through AV. Checking average level and gear of each side and the result of the game. I am sure Blizzard has already done this and that is WHY they haven’t made a major changes.

1 Like

Cool, you say they aren’t an issue. So then advocate flipping the starts for a while. If the starts aren’t an issue then we shouldn’t see any change in the win rate, right?

I like this experiment, it sounds like fun.

3 Likes

Only if the teams stay at the same quality as in the past. The easiest way to check your hypothesis would be take multiple censuses of AVs, comparing overall power level of teams (level and gear score) and the results of each match.

If Blue team loses consistently when they meet or exceed the power level of Red team, then there would be a larger issue that would require more testing. (Ie flipping the map).

I don’t think they should make changes to please people who complain as their main hobby, who don’t play Classic or go into AV, especially when those people aren’t making valid arguments to make those changes.

2 Likes