Has the Community Council run out of ideas?

You could also do even more relevant topics which haven’t been discussed there: The Alts-Limit (which should be account wide) and a system which supports better alt-catch ups through exp, a duality system (warrior human is linked to warrior orc for sharing equipment/level), cooldown of toy banners, adjusted honor level rewards and so on.

The possibilities are endless and the game has so many issues.

I would absolutely love to throw none softball questions at someone

They should delete it and say “we didn’t know Microsoft was gonna buy us. This changes everything. We need to rethink this.”

Meanwhile…

Microsoft: “Why would you make a special board under General Discussion? All that does it make everybody in GD feel unimportant.”

Probably because paladin players are ALWAYS complaining about not being the top at everything, it’s like playing an old song you despise on repeat your parents used to listen too

I so thought it was going to be about guild perks when I saw the title.

I’ve been wondering recently though what would happen if they just said “hey you know what?” And put ALLLLLL the “fun detected” BACK in the game.

Return every class/spec to its most OP version. No more nerfs to balance only buffs.

Give us the toys back.

Guild perks yaaaas.

Reforging.

Rainbow talent trees.

Flying for gold.

Actually being able to run legacy raids.

The removed Portals.

Shattrath city in WoD. I mean can we talk about how we had a huge functional city there worth vendors and everything and then they blew it up but we saved it but we didn’t get the functional city back after we saved it? What gives?

Brill and Tarren Mill. These used to be central RP hubs for Horde and Blizz just up and destroyed them and it feels like they were targeted because we used them. The alliance lost the park too but they got one back. Where’s someplace for Horde to RP with TABLES and IDK, maybe, CHAIRS? The wyvern’s tail is nice but TINY.

Lowbies zones. Everything being dangerous all the time is the poop for RP. We EARNED the levels to freely use the open world for RP (or relaxation or Exploration!) and we CAN’T anymore. Between that and the nerfing And lack of enforcement of the RP Realm ToS (those really need to make a return in the day of one click reporting) and sharding (which is supposed to not exist on RP realms but keeps getting turned back on for some inane reason) RP in WoW is dieing. Party Synch was all that really needed to happen for scaling in WoW. Can we have our world back now please?

Sorry, hit an RP tangent there, but as an RP Er (and a horde RPer specifically), it feels like the game is intentionally maliciously being made less and less friendly to my playstyle.

Best solution would to make a WM-like phase for RPs. Which includes a removed language barrier and every enemy being LV 1 with not netting any exp or loot.

1 Like

You just gave me goosebumps.

I still think we don’t have enough players on the CC yet, just by checking that profession as a topic hasn’t been touched too much, i saw your thread

However, only Halite and you keep a brief conversation, i expected that among the 100 players selected there could be a bigger brainstorm…inputs…ideas around professions, since Blizzard tried to bring life to it via Legendary crafting causing another set of issues during Shadowlands and there’s still a broad space around it, i could see players talking about catchup gear being crafted instead of the current state on which Blizzard adds currencies and random boxes that then fix adding specific items.

I’m really waiting for a good Q&A, live stream between players and devs but i don’t know if PR won’t allow some questions or how this could happend.

This is why Mirasol was wrong from the get go with the assumption that this is not a job. People need to interact with the other council members beyond the supposed discord channel.

===

New topic, a good one!

1 Like

Regarding that new thread, the problem is that people don’t care about achievements.

I mean, I do, but every time somebody posts here about “the game has no content” and I point out that they’ve barely done any raiding / dungeons / pvp / achievement hunting / transmog hunting / mount-pet-toy collecting / etc., I’m told “None of that is content.”

Achievements, in particular, I have been told MANY times on this forum “isn’t content”.

So, sure, while I’m all in favor of more achievements, seems like most people just don’t give a damn.

As for holidays… how many people have done the micro-holidays? How many people even know what the micro-holidays are?

The problem was always the overarching reward for doing this.

I’m not as high as you are with your points but imagine how many people are willed to play if you get a permanent 15% EXP boost for reaching every 10k points.

You could also rework the system in smaller parts. Every 100, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k points for various rewards.

So add more bribery to get people to do achievements? Might work in the short term but not long-term.

There’s 4 things that are true about the Chronic Complainers in WoW:

1. They never do anything unless they’re bribed to do it. And whatever they’re bribed with is never enough, they always complain they deserve more.
  2. Everything is too hard and they want it to be easier.
  3. Once the bribes get so big that they get everything they want quickly, and the activities are so easy and fast that they can do them quickly, they switch to complaining they have nothing to do.
  4. There aren’t nearly as many of them as the forums would make you think.

We already get titles, mounts, pets, toys, etc. from many achievements. Adding outright game bonuses to bribe people to do it who don’t even care would just be a waste. They don’t want to do it, fine, let them not do it.

After cross-factions and boosting think they called it a win, and took off for vocation.

Everything needs a carrot on the stick, otherwise people are not interested in doing stuff at all.

They have literally dozens of unused cosmetic stuff they can just add.

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php

And these are just the mounts.

1 Like

From my POV, WoW has so many type of players, so a lot of players only consider content a rotation like legion on which season last less time, so if you’re a solo pvp player a new season means fresh content, same for raid rotation and M+ season, compared to mounts, achievements, pets…etc

I understand your point that the game has a lot of things to offer, SL is loaded with cosmetics and small features like each covenant building, however that’s not the broad perception among those players, i don’t know the state of the silent majority because there’s a lot of players that doesn’t use forums but it’s a valid concern at least for me regarding deliver of current content compared to Legion, just like new Dungeons on which each expansion has less, Legion had 13, BFA 11 and now BFA only 9 Dungeons (only Tazavesh added).

And at least for this point, i’m a chronic complainer of really low drops, i would prefer if this game innovates on gameplay like new brawls for holidays, questlines, world quest out of the current expansion…etc that time sinks like MoP World Bosses, Love Rocket…etc

True, that’s the problem that we don’t know the silent majority opinion around topics.

True, actually Blizzard doesn’t want to add new mount achievements even when players have been asked for those because we already passed the 400 goal years ago and they keep adding tons of mounts per patch.

I saw something about toys and it’s timer. I agree timers for toys should go down but there’s more things that are a problem than this. I do hope they haven’t but it feels like they did.

1 Like

Thanks for your response on the Holiday thread, i really like this part “Personally, I really just want the holidays to be fun and flavourful.” Since i did my own patch notes for a total revamp and keep doing post around ideas for those holidays with new pvp brawls, solo bosses…etc

More recent topic, if you want to check: Again nothing new for a seasonal event - Love is in the Air!

2 Likes

Can the council discuss the upcoming cross-faction features for 9.2.5 bit more?

It’s clear they’re holding back the cross-guild features for 10.3.5 (like they do with the transmog rule updates, only once per expansion) and it would be better if people can join a guild regardless of their faction for 9.2.5.

1 Like

What else would you like to see discussed? There is an existing thread on the announcement (Cross-Faction Announcement)

Yes its been 2 weeks since any activity in the thread, but I think we flushed out most of our ideas and we haven’t had any new information. Only exception would be the new members who have been added in recent days

Cross Faction guilds sooner and not as an update for the next expansion within three years. It’s always the same with them and it was also unbearable to wait for transmog updates which they release every expansion, like the shoulder-feature in this expansion and in BfA the loosened restrictions.