Has the Community Council run out of ideas?

Did you guys notice that the Community Council posting/comment response lately its really low?

Didn’t Blizzard increase the amount of members to the 100 players goal already?

Without Boosting Communities and Cross faction (underworks) there’s space for a lot of new topics that you could just check the other forums and get ideas, i know its not for council member to post other players ideas but they could help to bring those topics.

Just wondering, since Blizzard don’t provide a status on their own feedback feature this time.

5 Likes

No, they haven’t yet.

1 Like

Lately? lol

6 Likes

Maybe they decided it was fruitless to suggest ideas, given the Devs seldom answer.

32 Likes

Without the opportunity for people to derail topics or get into fights, once they’ve said all there is to be said on a topic, what more do you expect? I don’t think they have a quota to meet.

10 Likes

They shouldn’t have ideas. They’re players, not developers. BLIZZARD should be making the threads and the “council” should be providing specific feedback instead of turning that forum into armchair developer hell.

25 Likes

I wasn’t expected a quota but if you ask about some topics on GD, there’s a good back and forward between some players with good points right now few topics have that level of analysis, maybe the few members have the same mindset.

Actually the whole idea needed like a better guideline, but i like the freedom from CC members to create topics, otherwise Blizzard could avoid some topics, well i think they’re already avoiding some topics.

1 Like

Not that I know of, no.

1 Like

I mean, yeah posts have slowed down, but what do you expect them to do? Scream their ideas into the void without getting answers?

2 Likes

:confused: I think it was better if Blizzard announced that the CC forums will be launched after 9.2.

As mentioned on the video, they said that there’s plans for Q&As with members and calls, obviously i expected those to be stream to everyone.

1 Like

I miss the suggestions forums. They were fun.

4 Likes

This, this, this right here.

The developers need to explain their ideas and get the feedback from the players.

I’m sure even if the DEVs disagreed with the community, explain it to us. We’re all big boys and girls. I’m sure we can see a different perspective then our own if its explained.

Suggestion’s from the community are fine when it comes to things on what they would like to see added to the game. Like vanity items, race customization and improvements to existing mechanics but developing. I don’t want players doing it, I want professionals in my opinion.

Anyways nice post and couldn’t agree more.

5 Likes

I think they got most or all of the low hanging fruit, a lot of what’s left needs more nuanced discussion.

1 Like

I can’t be bothered checking. Has any of them made a topic about raid skips for legacy raids like SoO?

1 Like

Not, actually that’s one topic that i expected from Collectors on that CC Forums but not yet that i notice.

Thats triggering a familiar chord in my memory, it might be there. Though I don’t recall where.

Actually there’s so many small topics like old raid skips, that you can find of GD to provide on the CC or to check because as you mentioned it triggered memories, sometimes people forget about awful things that they did.

For example, i got sha’s mount after 8k attempt, i still mention it as a thing that need changes the really low % that don’t provide progress and just feel like a sloot machine, there should be a balance between % and attempt time…etc, maybe BMAH could spawn this mounts more frequently to lower the price as bad luck mechanic or other thing…etc

I don’t wish other player to do the same insane things that i do or at least i would like to see Devs point of view on those designs, since at least it didn’t continue maybe because it was a bad reward desing, Rukhmar on WoD has a better drop rate and then Alpaca mount from Voldum even a better drop rate, that means they notice low % on a WB as an issue, just to provide an example.

3 Likes

Probably need new content to have more ideas.

Idk why ppl are so on the CC’s case.

I havent even gone over there, but there are so many threads that analyze every little aspect of it it seems nuts to me.

If Blizz were to give me SUPER METZEN POWAZ and I could make whatever changes I wanted to make to the game it really wouldn’t be that much. There are less than 20 changes I would make to wow so it may not be the case that they’ve run out of idea’s they just have said what they care to say :man_shrugging:

I don’t think that insanely low drop chances are bad for the game. I do think that the “limited” attempts are what is bad. The MoP world boss mounts in particular are 1/2000 drop rate if memory serves, but each character can only kill them once, on top of them having a slower respawn than some other farmable rares.

In context, raid boss drops, which also have weekly lockouts, are most often 1/100 odds. The same availability, but 20x more likely to drop. That’s the problem.

Rarity is good in an MMO, because there are people who will do whatever it takes to get everything they can, but limiting them to 1 attempt per character per week is just bad.

4 Likes