Has the Community Council run out of ideas?

Boy I know that feeling, us DHs never got a response to our problems until now

If they talked about Player/Guild Housing, they wouldn’t have ran out of things to talk about!

Please. All they need to do is to open the game, ask themselves on every screen if this is alright for them and start expressing themselves in the forum.

Just by looking at the character select screen:

• Are 50 characters really enough?
  • Which races need more classes, which do not?
  • Why are alts so neglected? What can be done to make them more valuable?
  • Why can’t we pick background x to represent our character?
  • I miss customization xyz
  • Can we have a new server overview list which list the servers based on connected realms?

Here, six new topics. Simply by looking at a screen.

2 Likes

Makes more sense because they have the data to say " here is issue X" and it could be about player engagement in a particular part of the game.

Yet, I have a feeling the internet gurus/streamers would see through this and turn each issue into a “since blizz said talk about X, then X isn’t popular.” It’s not quite a “WoD player numbers” but it could create a firestorm of popular vs hated content.

The wording would have to be very careful and/or they be better off just pumping out 50,000 topics from A to Z.

You forgot Player/Guild Housing XD

I think they have decided that they have offered up enough suggestions that Blizzard hasn’t responded to at this point.

There’s still a lot of topics that nobody is talking about on the CC which means that maybe the CC members is too low yet with less that 100 members due to lack of post and also discussions.

True, as mentioned they only have to talk about their own ideas and topics but if they want to help the community could check the other forums and provide inputs there.

As i mentioned several times on this thread, CC feedback tool was launched too soon, it seems we don’t have the 100 members yet and Devs are busy with 9.2 Dev and 10.0 presentation, Also as mentioned by Halite from the CC, some members are busy with real life and other things, however i don’t see any new names doing topics or replying, that’s my opinion.

Also during Blizzard CC video, they mentioned calls between members and Devs, i was expecting for those calls like live streams, because i assume any activity will be show to the whole community to create trust and communication, compared to their previous private feedback tools, actually it’ll be great to see a Q&A before 9.2 launch.

Community Managers could provide an update on the CC feedback, like we’re still inviting, we have X number of players…etc but i don’t see any update from Blizzard regarding this new idea for communication, That’s why I feel like it’s a bit off and out of ideas.

With this dynamic the players would have to pray that the devs recognize a problem and are prepared to address it. Anything that they don’t bring up would remain unaddressed.

Part of the appeal of the community council is that they bring awareness, and add greater credibility to concerns that Blizzard have not, or would not normally identify.

Making it a one-way street would be a pointless handicap to the system.

And they lack giving us awareness to bring interesting topics forward.

I’m not arguing about how well they’re doing. I made a point to refute the belief that the responsibility should lie solely with Blizzard.

I will +1 the guy who laughed at “lately” though.

Praise when it’s due:

one of the more interesting topics which does not revolve around people pushing 9.2 as the hot debate.

1 Like

Its that way everywhere all across the forums.

Yeah, I think forum activity in general is down.

Totally agree with this. 110% They heard things they didn’t want to hear and scoured the internet for a second party slip up so they could get rid of him.

Kiraser has now posted as well. There was some drama yesterday, where it was discovered that things were said on his blog about one of my friends. His post is high quality.

1 Like

Or, that a lot of them just did it for the title and the green text… pimping the patch some would say.

1 Like

I demand to be put on the Community Council!

Pst, it doesn’t pay and has no real power.

I demand to NOT be put on the Community Council!

1 Like

Finally someone took a Lore perspective :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks like these people finally started to discuss interesting topics which aren’t 9.2 relevant. Keep the good work up, we need more topics which affects us all. 9.2 will pass but the old issues are still there.

1 Like

Thanks I think its basiclly just what grinds my gears every now and then

3 Likes