[H] The Steelpaw Shaodin: The Emperor's Fist

We are the Might of the Emperor!

“When faced with opposition, be like the sea, which washes over all without doubt or hesitation. It will topple the unsecured immediately or shape the land into its own image with persistence and patience.”

The Steelpaw Shaodin is a Heavy Pandaren RP guild. Made up of a union of Huojin aligned and Mainland Pandaren, united under the creed “Perfection through Victory”. Staunch adherents to the ideology that bettering oneself is wrought through pursuing challenges and overcoming opposition, the Steelpaw band together under the values of honor, strength, and their vigilant desire to see the Pandaren people reach new heights of power.

Martial, determined, and eager to find wisdom through success, the Steelpaw operate within the Horde as a predominately militant order. Through the sword or quill, the clan’s mission aggressively revolves around advocating Pandaren interests, along with their own. Recognizing that the current state of Azeroth is in proverbial disarray, the clan strives to train warriors, gather artifacts, empower their allies and be at the forefront of a cohesive union of the Pandaren people.

Pandaren that are enthusiastic to master martial disciplines, eager to enjoy the thrill of victory, and wish to capitalize on the shift of powers on Azeroth- returning their people to a height of power, then the Steelpaw clan wants you!

The Steelpaw as a concept started with just a few friends from Moonguard and Wyrmrest that enjoyed playing as part of a rough housing family together. After gathering enough popularity from roleplay and guilds that helped evolve what started as a loose/improvised concept, eventually there was enough interest to form a guild centered around Pandaren Heavy RP.

That, and we wanted an excuse to dress our Pandaren in the most fearsome mog combinations and not feel bad about it.

We roleplay all throughout Azeroth. From Orgrimmar to the Jade Forest, members of Steelpaw and their allies can be found adventuring just about anywhere. The diverse lot of characters that make up the guild ensures that their pressence is felt everywhere, pursuing the troubles of the world or pushing the agenda of the Pandaren people. From hardened warriors to shrewd diplomats, you’ll find that the clan brings in all types, each with a role and purpose, all working in an effective tandem to flesh out the end-game of the guild.

Pandaren of all walks of life and disciplines are welcome, but not all may have what it takes to carry the burdens that the Shaodin faces. The Steelpaw’s vision is a unified Pandaria, restored to an era of witnessed only during the legacies of their late emperors. It is a goal far too precious and meaningful to shirk responsibilities or for the faint of heart. Those in the Steelpaw are expected to be disciplined, committed, and willingness to act whenever necessary to oppose those who act against them or their allies.

To reach us, whether to join, coordinate RP, or anything else feel free to contact the following officers or any of our members. By in-game mail is or signing to our site preferred, as whispers are often lost in the chat spam our officers and the GM tackle on a routine basis.

Edit:July/2020 As our site is getting revamped/updated. In game mail to our officers or direct whispers is currently the most effective way to get in touch. Postings in this thread temporarily is acceptable as well.

Emeraldstorm - Clan Leader
Zhanli, Nikizu, Yauhhei, Lianshi - Tiger Generals(Officers)

Tumblr: https://steelpawshaodin.tumblr.com/

Music: https://soundcloud.com/tomresnick/charge-of-conquerors-wip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is only one rule to any conflict.
If they strike first, defeat them.
If you strike first, defeat them.
If you both strike at the same time, defeat them.

By overcoming challenges by your strength and determination, by pursing the chaos of this world, you bring harmony to yourself and others. The realm is, by it’s nature, wanton and reckless. It is up to you to calm the randomness of nature.

No matter how wild the rapids, they will not spill beyond a study embankment.

F.A.Q.

What types of roleplay can I expect?
Our spectrum for roleplay is pretty wide, with the one constant is an adherence to quality. We have sermons at monasteries, missions to quell the various dangers that ravage the world at large, and diplomatic ventures to establish alliances and politic avenues. This can range from casual meet ups to more structured DM events. We also enjoy playing the game, so IC instance runs or PvP is a big allure to us.

What types of characters would I find in Steelpaw?
Studious monks, sly ambassadors, cunning rogues and fierce warriors. The constant of Steelpaw is our separation from what is expected of general Pandaren, seemingly pacifist role play. Though not to say the clan’s theme is just short of war mongering, Steelpaw’s principles attract those who are willing to act and commit to upfront means of garnering influence or protecting their values. Steelpaw recognizes the vital roles of a diplomat as well as a standing army—and both are used liberally.

Are the Steelpaw Neutral?
The Steelpaw always put Pandaren interests first, as they are staunch nationalists and are far from subtle about their priority agenda to aiding their people. Though the Steelpaw, unlike many Pandaren, express interest in integrating and supporting the Horde proper, climbing ranks and securing allies. This can be seen as an interest to ensure power abuses from time old never happen again, though a few can see that there is a larger scheme afoot.

What non-RP related things do you participate in?
We have guild LFR and Transmog run twice a week with regular PvP/Arena games roughly all week. Given the nature of our story direction and the types of player’s we’ve gathered, Steelpaw can be seen as RP/PvP. This is not to discourage those who do not like or wish to participate in PvP whatsoever, though we are patient and encourage anyone to give the thrill of snuffing out the lifebars of other players a try.

Do you take Non-Pandaren?
Yes, though on a limited basis, usually to out of character alts or in character allies. Very rarely is a non-Pandaren considered part of the clan proper and even those are only after a set of strict trials and long term commitment.

How do I Join?
Contacting any of the officers mentioned earlier by website application. Our recruiting process is different in that we do all of our interviews in-character as to get one familiar with the guild and what they’re exactly joining. This helps maintain our standard of RP and what we expect from our member base.

But I’m Blue-side.
It is never too late to fix that mistake! However, should you feel tethered by the Alliance out of some moral obligation or what have you, the people at Jadepaw Dynasty are an excellent bunch… for Tuishi.

The Story so Far
The Forth War is Over.

The Steelpaw, having once again sided with the Horde in the conflicts that enveloped the world, are left at cross-roads in what to do next in this climate of budding peace. In their mission save their lands have left the Shao’din alienated by some people and met with suspicion by their peers. Even amongst the ranks of the loyal, indecision and doubt cracks at the resolve of some of even the clan’s most faithful. Still they press on with their objective to stalwartly protect the lands of their people.

But as the war for Azeroth has been tamed, the battle for the soul of Pandaria continues. New factions of Pandaren organizations court for influence and favor, bargaining with each other to claim a stake in a recovering nation ripe with opportunity and potential. Having courted allies with the Zandalari the clan seemingly stands beside their ancient enemy as they assess the ambitions of their allies…and rivals.

Sensing the climate the clan has called upon ancient traditions employed by emperors and dynasties of old. Starting with the Imperial Tournament and preparing to once again dance the courts and intrigue of the Pandaren Summit, are the Steelpaw acting in a show of bombastic good will and faith? To showcase cooperation in uniting the Pandaren people?

Or are they simply positioning their enemies to always be within arms reach?

Find out!

10 Likes

Ey!

4 Likes

Our site is Shivtr hosted if you folks want to try finding it for yourselves. I imagine you might also be able to stumble upon it by typing in our guild’s name.

If you do manage to find it, check out our IC posts; plenty of great stories and character lore there.

6 Likes

Lianshi is a bro and a solid dude who helped me complete the WSG rep for conquer and I’ll never forget that. Any guild he runs is then also bro tier.

4 Likes

Steelpaw pandas only drink watered down ale…and go home, Golavar, you’re drunk…but not because of Steelpaw ale, cuz’, like I said, its watered down.

Lianshi is a good dude though…do you youngin’s still say dude? I’m old…

4 Likes

I don’t have much to say but I wanted to bump the thread so…

#Chiisbest

2 Likes

Strategy is nothing more than deception,
and the truth will be revealed at the end in the killing.
Your enemy can be known by his weaknesses.
The Vain enemy will be fooled with humility.
The Negligent enemy can be defeated with detail.
The Angry enemy can be drawn off balance.
The Exhaustible enemy tires himself quickly.
The Cowardly enemy defeats himself.
Learn these and you will never be defeated

2 Likes

The Shado-pan neither endorse nor condemn the Steelpaw Shaodin.

3 Likes

Once more I wanted to contribute but I don’t actually have anything to say so…

Bounced on my boy’s Pandaren nationalism to this until I knew only victory.

Once more I have nothing to say so to have an excuse to bump again I’ve decided to post an excerpt from one of the stories in our forums:

That cut he made was so bizarre; like the work of mistweavers. How did he do it? What even was it? Ju had to find him. She would find him, but first she needed to be ready for him. She smiled down at her sword then up to the stars. Come tomorrow her mission would gain new life. She could hardly wait.

1 Like

Been a while so I figured I’d bump the thread with a completely unrelated compilation of Zatoichi fight scenes.

It’s 5 A.M. Do you know where your Pandas are? Probably not in Steelpaw, and that’s a mistake.

1 Like

–Defeating Pandaren

What does a leaf and a sword have in common?
>
> Nothing, because the sword does not care.
>
> How can one be so observant of the ferocity of nature, and so ignorant of themselves.
>
> Be the tiger, be the ox, be the wind, be the fire.
>
> They move in dances, physical poetry to what they see and ponder.
>
> But war is not a paintbrush and canvas.
>
> You know how you defeat a Pandaren? Study what he studies.
>
> They will want to be the river in the valley. They will step, thinking they are petals in the air. They will have a rhythm to the music of nature.
>
> Deny them this.
>
> When she thinks she sings? Screech loudly. When he thinks he’s dancing to a melody? Fight off beat. Watch them flop and flounder when the battle doesn’t go to their stories, or the Celestials they revere. Watch them panic when you show that all they’ve learned in their mantras and styles, was to be predictable.
>
> Show them that fighting is not always beautiful. Show them that even Tigers can be prey. Dissolve what they know to a farce and that there is is only deception, and the truth will be revealed with your victory, and their folly.

-Lian’shi Steelpaw

1 Like

After a successful Tournament, the Steelpaw still seek to grow their ranks with able bodied fighters against all threats to Pandaria and beyond! We have welcomed newer faces into our family and still look forward to fresh faces and new allies for the trials ahead!

1 Like

Good generals select intelligent officers, thoughtful advisors, and brave subordinates. They oversee their troops like a fierce tiger with wings.

The Halls of the Steelpaw are open once more! Now looking for new blood to join our ranks as we deal in the aftermath of a homeland ravaged by both war and supernatural forces beyond imagining.

Feel free to reach us via website, in-game mail, or whispers. Though we are not actively using the in-game guild recruiting system at this time. However it is a feature we may visit in the future.

2 Likes

Do you consider Death Knights who were once Mainlander Pandaren? I have considered adding a guild for casual interaction and you guys seem nice.

1 Like

As long as you’re interests align with the betterment of Pandaria and her peoples you’re welcome to carry our colors!

Though you might be asked to sit down wind if it’s a summer day and you’re rotting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh goodness no! I’d be doing my teachers a disservice if I let myself rot with my level of Blood training.

1 Like

There are only three alternatives to dealing with opponents.
If you strike first, defeat him.
If they strike first, defeat him.
If you strike at the same time, defeat him.

Steelpaw is still looking to bolster their ranks in preparation for events to come though we warmly welcome all those who have taken on our pledges thus far!

1 Like

Withdraw like a mountain in movement, advance like a rainstorm. Strike and crush with shattering force; go into battle like a tiger.