For generations, the Skyrunner tribe has made their home in the vast wastes of Desolace. Seeking not only to atone for the sins of their ancestors but also to restore the land to its once former glory and life. With the violent death of the former Chieftain and many of the Tribe’s most skilled fliers the new Chieftain, Kanatu, is left to rebuild this ancient tribe into a new age. Establishing wide-scale nomadic movements, connecting with the other races of the Horde and Azeroth, and committing to the protection of Azeroth, not just Desolace. Such things are not easy and Kanatu has called out for aid in this new vision, not only from other Tauren but any member of the Horde wishing to uphold the values and vision of his ancient people.
This guild is first and foremost a Tauren guild. You can expect a lot of spiritualistic RP centered on the values of the Tauren, a lot of civilian tribe RP going on most of the time and a ton of flinging totems and horns in combat. We are also a semi-nomadic group focused on the niche aspect of Flight, flying combat, and wyverns. That being said we are also a Horde guild. We do allow members of Horde races to join (a new development in the IC history of the Tribe) and we participate in the general Horde storyline within the World of Warcraft. We celebrate the mishmashed themes of Family within the Horde.
We also focus on elements of Realism. While a fantasy setting with dragons that can shoot magic out of their faces and raptors that can build space ships we ground our RP in the realism of the world. World Building is a huge part of generating stories. By implementing real-world concepts such as the need for sleep, weather making it too dangerous to fly, travel time, political conflicts trickling down to the masses, and even real character responses to events we hope to ground our stories into a more realistic setting as well as generate interesting stories and character moments. This guild is designed to provide deep and lasting RP stories with those that are involved. Our stories are long and complex. Our character development is deep and intended to interact with multiple characters just as our own character development does.
Flight is a huge aspect of the IC themes of the Tribe. We fully embrace the idea of flying, flying combat, and the deep bond created between a rider and their wyvern. The culture of the tribe from the goods it sells to bring in gold to the Rites and Rituals we preform revolve around the mighty wyvern. We do require that members use wyvern mounts (or their druidic flight form if desired) unless there is a very special IC reason for another flying mount to be used.
- Campaign Events: Monday and Wednesday at 7pm Server
We are more than willing to work with you if you cannot make a campaign event to come up with an IC reason that doesn’t punish your character aside.
- Multiple RP events during the week including member-run events
- Mythic Dungeons and Mog/Achievement runs
OOCly the guild is limited to Adults only, 18+. This is due not only to the nature of some of our stories which do involve aspects such as mental illness, violence, old god influence, addiction, and so on; but also due to our OOC content. The content of our discourse isn’t always suitable for minors/families. Having an older group also means that we understand when life simply happens and we endeavor to be respectful to one another and the community at large.
Other things we offer
A homebrew D20 System that integrates your character and the flight themes of the guild to bring out the uniqueness of your character.
The guild’s design is to tell great stories. Our members are key to that end goal so we encourage our members to come forward with story ideas, character plots, and event ideas.
While not a large group we do encourage others to participate in the game itself. We have progression and help others with Mythic Dungeons as well as general community nights of Transmog Runs or Achievements.
What are we looking for?
- Willingness from members to participate, learn, add, get creative, and develop.
- Relatively good spelling and grammar. While we aren’t insane about it and in the quicky typing that happens during RP we understand mistakes are often made, but we do ask that members be able to communicate effectively.
- Active Participation. This guild functions on the lifeblood of its members.
Requirements for Joining
- We don’t require an application but upon joining you will be asked a few questions and then prompted to do an IC intro for your character to get them involved in the story.
- Discord is a necessary part of how we run the guild. No member is required to talk in voice or participate in the OOC chats if they don’t want but we do use it for announcements, rp updates, and for DMs to call out during Dice Based Events.
- DiceMaster is an addon that we use to really bring our RP to life with an integrated and home brew D20 system.
Contacting us for recruitment
- In Game:
Iko (Technical/D20 Officer)