Guide to Squirt - Regular Up 09-26

Note: She does not spawn until after dailies reset for that day and stays up until they reset the next day.

Dates:
Regular Squirt:
Tues, Wed, - Sept 11, 26
Thurs, Fri - Oct 11, 26
Sun, Nov 25
Mon, Dec 10

Super Squirt
Nov 10, 2018 - Saturday
Dec 25, 2018 - Tuesday

Who/What is Squirt?
Squirt is a repeatable Pet Battle Trainer on the Warlords Garrison rotation that gives reasonable pet and player experience. When, Squirt rotates in during Pet Battle Bonus week she can take a pet from 1-25 in 2 fights, if the player uses the Safari Hat or Lesser Pet Treat. To take full advantage you want: An exp buff (a Safari hat toy or treats bought with charms), pet bandages (optional), a team that can carry a level pet (suggestions below) and access to a Garrison with a pet building, lvl 3 if you want the extra one-time quest. Squirt spawns according to the daily reset.

Garrison Faq
  • Grouping: You can join another person's garrison if you do not have your own or the pet building. Join the group, fly/ride/walk into the garrison. If you aren't there, go back outside. Right click your name and pick View Party Leader's Garrison and walk back in. If the leader leaves their garrison it will port everyone out or back to their own garrisons!
  • Alt Experience: The exp is the same in a raid. You can bring very low levels but getting them there is your challenge. My alt went from 102 to 109 last Holiday.
  • Getting there: WoD can be reached by mage portal, summons or an underwater cave at Timeless Isle. Sit at the bonfire, click it and it will port you to Gorgrond. Coordinates 65/74.
  • Supplies: There is a vendor with pet treats and a pet healer but a stack of bandages will still come in handy.

Popular Teams: (Full strats in next post)
  • Team 1 (Average Time 1:45) - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (crafted)/Level 6+ Pet/Ghostly Skull (Vendor, Dalaran)
  • Team 2 (Average Time 1:25) - S/S Bronze Whelping (drop)/ Widget the Departed (holiday vendor)/ Level 1+ Pet. Spectral Cub can replace WIdget
  • Team 3 (Average Time 2:10) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Weebomination (WOD Pet Supply Bag)/ Lvl 1+ Pet
  • Team 4 (Average Time 1:35) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Boneshard (Wrath Icecrown Raid Drop)/ Lvl 1+ Pet

Buffs and Exp Totals:
  • Safari Hat (10% exp) - Toy(acheivement reward for defeating 40 master tamers)
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 17
    Super Fight 2: Lvl 17 pet: 17 -> 25

Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 11
    Regular Fight 2: Lvl 11 pet: 11 -> ??
  • Pet Treat (50% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat!
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18
    Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25

Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ??
  • Lesser Pet Treat (25% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat!
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18
    Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25
  • Stacked Buffs
    Both Pet Treats:
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19
    Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25

Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ??
    Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat:
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19
    Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25

Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 14
    Regular Fight 2: Lvl 14 pet: 14 -> 20
    Regular Fight 3: Lvl 20 pet: 20 -> 24
    Regular Fight 4: Lvl 24 pet: 24 -> 25
    Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat, lowest possible Pet to 25:
    Super Fight 1: Lvl 13 pet: 13 -> 24.9
    Regular Fight 1: Lvl 22 pet: 22 -> 24.98
  • Boon of the Zookeeper (Shoulder enchant) - Draemus, New Dalaran Pet Shop Vendor. 160-200g depending on Kirin Tor Rep. No reputation needed to apply, can be used on alts under 110 leveling in Legion. Pile of Pet Goodies drops from mobs which contain random items such as Pet Charms, Battle Stones, Lesser Pet Treats, Bandages.

Add ons:
  • Rematch
    Rematch lets you create Teams for pet Trainers and create a leveling Queue that will swap in pets when you're done leveling with a previous one. Very handy!
  • Pet Journal Enhanced or Battle Pet BreedID
    Adds "hidden" info such as what breed pets are.
  • BattlePetBinds
    Custom keybinds
  • TDBattlePetScript and the Rematch Plugin
    Custom scripts for pet battles.
Other Garrison Perks:
  • Halloween Decorations
    If a garrison has Halloween Decorations up you can catch one of 3 pets exclusive to it. Ghastly Spider, Rat, Maggot. Or use them for exp.
  • Fishing Shack
    If a Garrison has Nat Pagle up you can turn in Lunkers to buy his WoD. Lunkers are fished outside the garrison And if they have a level 3 Fishing Shack you can fish for Cavedwellers, a murloc that can drop either the Sea or riding turtle.
  • Merchants
    Special mention to Garrisons with Illusion merchants, Auctioneers, Bankers, Transmog NPCs and Black Market Liasons (which let you view the Black Market but not bid)

Strats Courtesy of Xu Fu's Pet Battle Blog

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling 1-2-2/Level 6+ Pet/Ghostly Skull 1-1-1
https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=41#
  • Turn 1 Thunderbolt
  • Turns 2+ Breath until Deebs dies
  • Tyri comes in
  • Turn 1 Decoy
  • Turns 2+ Breath and Thunderbolt whenever it is ready
  • Most of the time, your Dragonling will kill Tyri. In some rare cases it might not be able to. Should that happen, swap to your Ghostly Skull and use Shadow Slash to kill off Tyri, then follow the steps here again:
    Puzzle comes in
  • Turn 1 Swap to your Level Pet
  • Turn 2 Swap to your Ghostly Skull
  • Turn 3 Ghostly Bite - done! If not, use a few Shadow Slashes to finish the job.

S/S Bronze Whelping 2-1-1/ Widget the Departed 2-2-2/ Level 1+ Pet
  • Turns 1+ Tail Sweep until Deebs dies
  • Tyri comes in
  • Turns 1+ Early Advantage until your Bronze Whelpling dies
  • Bring in Widget the Departed
  • Turns 1+ Spectral Strike until Tyri is dead
  • Puzzle comes in
  • Turn 1 Swap to your Level Pet
  • Turn 2 Swap back to Widget the Departed
  • Turn 3 Prowl
  • Turns 4+ Spectral Strike

Enchanted Broom 1-2-1/ Weebomination 1-1-1/ Lvl 1+ Pet

• Turn 1 Sweep - Puzzle is forced in
  • Turn 2 Swap to your Level Pet
  • Turn 3 Swap to your Weebomination
  • Turns 4+ Cleave until Weebomination or Puzzle is dead.
  • If Weebo dies first, bring back in your Enchanted Broom and finish off Puzzle either with Broom or Clean-Up.
Player Teams and Strats

Enchanted Broom 2-2-2 /Boneshard 2-2-2 /Level Pet
  • Sweep
  • Swap to Level Pet
  • Swap to Boneshard
  • BONESTORM
  • BONESTORM
  • BONESTORM
  • Pass (Boneshard Dies, Bring in Broom)
  • Wind-Up
  • Wind-Up (Puzzle Dies)
  • Batter (Deebs Dies)
  • Batter (Tyri Dies)

2 Pet carry Strat with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling / Lvl 5+ pet/ Lvl 6+ pet
(RNG dependent, may also try 20+ carry pets that can finish off a hit.)
    Deebs
  • 1. Thunderbolt
  • 2. Breath - spam until Deebs dies
  • Tyri
  • 1. Decoy
  • 2. Thunderbolt
  • 3. Breath - spam until Tyri dies This is where the most RNG lives. Sometimes the MPD doesn't survive, and you have to restart the fight.
  • Puzzle
  • 1. Bring in first carry pet
  • 2. Bring in second carry pet. It might need a bit more health, because it takes a face full of gold.
  • 3. Bring in MPD
  • 4. Thunderbolt
  • 5. Breath, using Decoy when available, until Puzzle dies.

Leveling Suggestions:
If you are unsure what to pick to level, Xu Fu's has some MVP lists for various Acheivements. They can be a jumping point on choosing pets to run to 25.

An Awfully Big Adventure
https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Elekk

Family Familiar
https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=FamilyFamiliar

Disco Doggy's pvp Tier List
http://pvppetbattles.com/legion-tier-list/

Credits:
Kalyn's nicely formatted 2016 Thread
Xu Fu's pet Battle Blog
The Pet Battle Forum
Warcraftpets.com
Disco Doggy's awesome blog
Enchanted Broom 2/2/2
Boneshard 2/2/2
Level Pet

1. Sweep
2. Swap to Level Pet
3. Swap to Boneshard
4. BONESTORM
5. BONESTORM
6. BONESTORM
7. Pass (Boneshard Dies, Bring in Broom)
8. Wind-Up
9. Wind-Up (Puzzle Dies)
10. Batter (Deebs Dies)
11. Batter (Tyri Dies)

Way faster than the strategies you have listed. Essentially a reconfig of Weebom strat, but takes less rounds and is 100% failproof.
08/07/2017 05:25 PMPosted by Tristful

Way faster than the strategies you have listed. Essentially a reconfig of Weebom strat, but takes less rounds and is 100% failproof.

I've seen people mention the Boneshard one before but the speed was never verified. If people want to do a stopwatch on each team I'd be happy to have the info for the main post. But I won't remove the other teams as people like to have a variety in case they are missing one or the other.

Beasts of Burden is a Stormheim WQ that appears randomly. It consists of 2 trainers. You can repeat one trainer over and over for repeatable EXP, so long as you never beat the 2nd one. The guide is for attacking the Musken (Andurs)

Strats Courtesy of Xu Fu's Pet Battle Blog

Iron Starlette 1-2-2/Level 1+ Pet/Level 1+ Pet
Turn 1: Toxic Smoke
Turn 2: Wind-Up
Turn 3: Toxic Smoke
Turn 4: Wind-Up
Turn 5: Explode- Both pets get exp
Done! I had some RNG issues with a P/S starlette until I swapped to a H/P one. After that, never had a fail.
I'd also say this is a good fight to have a cache of 1 lvl pet stones as you'll save yourself a round at the end. Bring a LOT of bandages. The pet healer is not close and the fights are super fast.

Safari Hat + lesser pet Treat + Pet Treat + Critter Week
Both pets starting at lvl 1
Fight 1: Level 9.5
Fight 2: Level 13.75
Fight 3: Level 16.75
Fight 4: Level 19.25
Fight 5: Level 21
Fight 6: Level 22.5 (Pet level stone around here is nice)
Fight 7: Level 23.75
Fight 8: Level 24.8
Fight 9: Level 25

Stopwatch test: 43-46 seconds per Fight
Last time I was making do with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and a flyer with Call of Darkness and Nocturnal Strike.

Far from an ideal arrangement, since any 1st level carry pet will die to Tyri, but these strats call for pets that aren't available to me as an Alliance toon (Enchanted Broom) or pets that won't be available until Halloween (Widget the Departed).

I'm not sure about the speed of the Enchanted Broom/Boneshard Strat. It might be more accurate to say that it's the one with the fewest moves. Bonestorm is a very time-consuming move. Three consecutive Bonestorms will doubtless be slow going.

But it still sounds like a viable strat.
I found this 1 pet strategy somewhere, possibly Wowhead, that works. There is RNG, and the two carry pets need to be lvl 5 or 6 to survive.

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - Thunderbolt, Breath, Decoy

Deebs 1. Thunderbolt
2. Breath - spam until Deebs dies

Tyri 1. Decoy
2. Thunderbolt
3. Breath - spam until Tyri dies This is where the most RNG lives. Sometimes the MPD doesn't survive, and you have to restart the fight.

Puzzle 1. Bring in first carry pet
2. Bring in second carry pet. It might need a bit more health, because it takes a face full of gold.
3. Bring in MPD
4. Thunderbolt
5. Breath, using Decoy when available, until Puzzle dies.

It is a close fight; if you hate RNG it might not be for you. Hope this helps!
For those interested in the full schedule for Squirt's visits in 2017, WarcraftPets user Paladance put together a really nice graphic detailing all dates of her return (for both NA and EU).

https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16187#p128852

Dates highlighted in green are "super Squirt" days.
/updated with extra dates

The last time I made this post I didn't leave any room for teams or strats. I just linked to Xu Fu's. But I noticed the 2016 did, which seemed handy. So I can put the Xu Fu strats in the 2nd post and player strats in the 3rd. Any other suggested updates keep 'em coming! Whatever we do the next person to make the thread will build on it.
/short kabump!

If anyone wants to try it. Wow has a stopwatch function in-game. Just type /stopwatch and it will bring up a tiny bar. Hit play when you want it to start.

I'm going to try to get details on Squirt exp out of Pet Battle week, but I'm running people through Mythics on my tank (for the weekly) and may be a little tight for time.
Yah im busyish today too
Starting the watch before I click the post and stopping it after I heal the pets.

Bronze Whelp/Widget
1:24
1:25

Broom/Boneshard
1:24 (in my test I killed Tyri on the backline so it was actually one round faster than posted)
1:37
1:35

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling/ Ghostly Skull
1:45

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - Solo with 2 pets
3:04 (died and had to finish with my two lvl 24 pets)

Broom/Weebom
2:10

Experience notes

Lvl 1 pet with hat

Lvl 1 pet with hat and lesser treat:

lvl 1 with both treats
14 > 20
20 > 24

A lvl 22 pet with both treats will level to 24.98
D:
Enchanted Broom 2/2/2
Boneshard 2/2/2
Level Pet

1. Sweep
2. Swap to Level Pet
3. Swap to Boneshard
4. BONESTORM
5. BONESTORM
6. BONESTORM
8. Wind-Up
9. Wind-Up (Puzzle Dies)
10. Batter (Deebs Dies)
11. Batter (Tyri Dies)

Tried this today and it worked a treat! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, the xp was less than 8500 and generally less than 8k, even with treat+sausage+hat. The two-fight figures listed above must've been during the triple-xp event. Still, nice to know I'm ready for the big day in October.
08/17/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Vhale
Starting the watch before I click the post and stopping it after I heal the pets.

Bronze Whelp/Widget
1:25

Broom/Boneshard
1:24 (in my test I killed Tyri on the backline so it was actually one round faster than posted)
1:37
1:35

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling/ Ghostly Skull
1:45

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - Solo with 2 pets
3:04 (died and had to finish with my two lvl 24 pets)

Broom/Weebom
2:10

Nice to know I've been using the most streamlined method this whole time.

I use Spectral Cub instead of Widget, but it's all the same in this instance.

Also, I don't know if anyone else does this, but I've always found it to be quicker to just Stone my pets to 25 once they hit level 20 or higher.
I don't have an Enchanted Broom, but I've realized it's not going to be too difficult to get one. Simply make a Horde Demon Hunter and start doing the Argent Tournament dailies. In a few days time, after I work my way up to Championship badges, I'll be able to buy my own.

I'll be done in plenty of time for the October 16 Super Squirt. And I found a reasonably priced (compared to what I usually see) Bronze Whelpling in the AH.
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with Breath, Thunderbold and Decoy (1,2,2)
Level Pet ~5+ (more if leveller is a Dragon, less if leveller is a Beast)
Netherpup with Shadow Shock and Howl (2,2,X)

MPD: Thunderbolt then Breath until Deebs dies.
When Tyri comes out, Decoy, then Thunderbolt, then Breath until Tyri dies.
(If you miss more than 2 times, you may need to restart as Tyri's big hitters will come off cooldown.)
When Puzzle comes out, switch to leveller (Puzzle always Dodges as his first move), then switch to Netherpup. Howl then Shadow Shock until death.

Haven't tested, but Fel Pup or Stitched Pup (using Diseased Bite instead of Shadow Shock) might work also.
Enchanted Broom 2/2/2
Boneshard 2/2/2
Level Pet

1. Sweep
2. Swap to Level Pet
3. Swap to Boneshard
4. BONESTORM
5. BONESTORM
6. BONESTORM
8. Wind-Up
9. Wind-Up (Puzzle Dies)
10. Batter (Deebs Dies)
11. Batter (Tyri Dies)

Glad people use this. I always giggle that I get upvotes for it on wowhead everytime Squirt comes along.
I use the boneshard + enchanted broom strategy and it's very fast and fail safe.

On regular squirt day I use safari hat + 50% exp food and with 3 fights pets get lvl 22, then i just use 3 lvling stones(15 pet tokens) to finish the last lvls.
Whew okay. I'm running out of space to post apparently so I won't be able to add a bunch of player teams. That honor may have to default to Xu Fus. I had originally intended to focus soley on Bonus week. Regular week is eatting some space. All good though. Regular Squirt is still nice for leveling and hanging out with Netflix.
/kabump!
For all those nifty pets everyone is getting <3