Guardian druid stigma

• First rule of dreamgrove is always talk about dreamgrove.

Youre worse than a vegan.

Turns out, having sources to what you say is better than your feelings. Who knew.

How about a source of your experience?

@Drezwazluz, Seriously you talk and talk and talk. But you only say negative things about other personsā€™ comments. I have yet to see you say ANYTHING positive. If you did it was probably backhanded and in passing and so I missed it in the clutter of depression and denigration.

So, how about YOU float some ideas? Some opinions of your own. I have asked before and you ignored it. Or, are you afraid that after you have dumped all over everyone elseā€™s youā€™ll get the same treatment. And you should be. It would be hard to restrain myself if I saw something you put up that I disagreed with. However, after this point I do believe I am done with responding to you. Itā€™s unfortunate that you get added to the list. But it must be unless you actually contribute something worthwhile to the conversation other than ā€œNo. You are wrong. You are SOOOO wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.ā€ Itā€™s exhausting just reading your posts.

Anyway, thatā€™s all I have to say. Be well.

So being negative about the game is good, but being negative about inaccurate feedback is bad. Noted and written down.

Probably, yeah.

Why? So I can be ignored by Blizzard and everyone else? Back feedback is bad. Good feedback is good. Suggestions for change though? When has that ever achieved anything.

Hereā€™s a good question for you.

Can you quote where I was wrong?

Whatā€™s wrong with picking battles if I only pick battles I know Iā€™ll win. If something is incorrect, it should be called incorrect.

Wasnt a question good job.

Ya its called a 25 ilvl jump, WTF really??

Did you know the less time you spend pushing a button to mitigate damage the more you press dps buttons?

Yet by removing it from the GCD it flopped the meta?? maybe you dont actually play a warrior?

You have done nothing but defend the bottom barrel class so what else do your comments stand for?

So you say there was no changes to damage intake, and no damage increase what flopped them to bottom to the top then?

So you say the above and then ask the belowā€¦ why ask a question to your own post?

stop trying to do math.

and your armor is increased by 50%60%
Yes it was thought you could use google? guess those discords dont help you much.

I have been going back and forth with you for a while but when you start making claims that are false when they are posted all over then your arguments begin to diminish. I welcome constructive thoughts but you are bringing false claims to the discussion each and every post now.

Yesā€¦ it was. Maybe you need to figure our how numbers work.

8.0 vanguard increased stam by 40%
8.1 vanguard increased stam by 45%
thats aā€¦ 5% increase in stamina!!

What a concept!

Argue with yourself you dumb troll.

Not going to defend Drez but 40% increase to 45% of stamina increase is actually overall about 3.6% increase if you do the math 100 x 1.4 is 140, 100 x 1.45 is 145, or 5/140

2 Likes

Nope it isnā€™t, that isnā€™t how the percentage math works in this game.

Lets assume prior to 8.1, your warrior had 10k stamina. That means if the passive wasnā€™t in play, you actually have 7143 stamina:

7143 + (7143 * 40%) ~= 10k

With 8.1 Vanguard they increased the gains to 45%.

7143 + (7143 * 45%) ~= 10357

Going from 10000 to 10357 is actually only roughly a 3.5% gain, not 5%.

1 - (10000 / 10357) ~= 3.45%
1 Like

I wouldnā€™t ask any sane man to do that, I dig my holes. Still appreciate you.

And a significant buff to dungeon difficulty to compensate. The ilvl jump on itā€™s own doesnā€™t account for nearly double the 8.1 activity in m+ above key level 10, and pushing a full 4 m+ levels at the top end.

And did you know that, again, deafening crash being nerfed significantly reduced their damage? We keep forgetting this. Like it doesnā€™t fit our narrative.

Yes. That one change single handedly changed the entire meta. golf claps

Being worse than other tanks does not mean that bear is unable to do keys up to +20. This was a thread about people having the stigma that a guardian druid canā€™t even complete a +10 key.

How did you go so far astray.

Again, the best tanks in the world all repeatedly have stated warrior was plenty strong in Uldir. It just wasnā€™t as enjoyable, and punished mistakes too harshly. Which costs time on prog.

You know it doesnā€™t, right? The way haste dynamically reduces the CD of some abilities, a 2s reduction to the 18 second base does not translate to a real 2 second reduction.

As has been pointed out multiple times now, increasing from 50 to 60 is not a 10% increase. Same way a 45 to 50 is not a 5% increase, etc.

Weā€™re working with percentages, not addition.

The passive grants you an additional 10% gains, but the net change that your character will see due to that passive change is actually much less than 10%.

In 8.0, lets say your character has 10k armor. That means you have 6667 baseline armor as we both should be able to agree that 6667 + (6667 * 50%) is roughly the 10k armor you have.

When 8.1 happened, the gains from the passive increased by 10%, that means 6667 + (6667 *60%) ~= 10667 armor.

The armor gain from 10000 to 10667 is actually ~6.26%.

1 Like

Guys, thereā€™s no use in engaging him in a constructive debate. Do you not get that yet? He isnā€™t interested in coming to a mutual agreement. He doesnā€™t want to brainstorm new ideas or improvements. His own statement is that he doesnā€™t pick battles he isnā€™t going to win. So, if he says math is a certain way, heā€™s done the math already. Now, it may be that what you said isnā€™t what you meant, but heā€™s going to jump on what you said. Heā€™s only here for the entertainment value of nitpicking each suggestion you make or concern you have. And heā€™s correct in that heā€™s dug his own hole. He knows he cannot now make any suggestions or heā€™ll get lambasted. Even he does eventually make a good one, heā€™ll get crucified because it will appear heā€™s making a statement counter to what he made in the past. And then heā€™ll have a grand time nitpicking that whole argument apart and frustrating the lot of you. Just give it a rest and realize that you are attempting to have a discussion with someone who isnā€™t interested in one.

4 Likes

Yes i fully agree and understand this my point was it received a 10% Armour gain to vanguard. Guess i did not make that clear i just copied off patch notes.

Once again, Drezwazluz is over here creating one big circle jerk based entirely on little technicalities.

Was stamina increased by 5%? No. Technically Vanguard was increased by 5%. Most readers understand this and continued on with their lives. But not Drezwazluz. He dreams of moments like this, where he can point out a little technicalities like these as a means to hold himself above you. Small meaningless victories which ultimately change nothing.

ā€œShow me where Im wrongā€ Is his battle cry.

Technically, he isnt wrong, but the extent of his usefulness ends there. Hes contributing nothing in terms of original thought. Just nitpicking.

Pic of Drezwazluz
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ek6jgeF

3 Likes

2+2=4 change my mind.

watch people i am sure i have done something wrong here.

Iā€™m pretty sure he plays a rogue and just likes to troll around bottom tier tank threads.

1 Like

Take two.

So if someone doesnā€™t mean something, they can say whatever they want?

Concede an error and Iā€™ll drop a point. I do it pretty regularly. But if you didnā€™t mean something, why argue it. I only argue with things I know for a fact to be false.

The horror.

I donā€™t think making suggestions is helpful beyond silly catharsis for people who take the game, and their class/spec, too seriously. Like they get to feel theyā€™re helping.

So calling out someone saying something incorrect is a ā€œtechnicalityā€?

Theyā€™re not the same. One is wrong, the other is right, I wasnā€™t being sly about what I was arguing. I was open and clear, and people argued the wrong fact. Such as you.

You were wrong, but now Iā€™m the one nitpicking because you said something false.

So do it. Quote it, we can do that now. We have the technology.

So instead of just admitting you were wrong, you attempt to mock me with basic math?

Yeah, I first saw Drezwazluz over in the Warrior forums, and he seemed to argue a lot there as well (with the resident Warriors there). I lurked the Warrior forums a LOT during Season 1. Now heā€™s apparently rolled a Druid alt or something, and heā€™s over in these Druid forums argueing with Druids.

He seems like a smart dude judging from his posts, but maaaaan does he love to argue :joy:

Heā€™s quite the interesting character :thinking:

1 Like

You can play more than one character at a time.

Where was I wrong?
Show me.

I linked the patch notes to which he was referring to, because I understood what he was trying to say.

Youre the one who assumed that I didnt understand the math.

He doesnā€™t have a druid.