Grief kicked from a dungeon so you have to wait the Dungeon Deserter timer

If you’re getting vote kicked from a 5 man you should probably look into something that takes less skill.

This guy is obviously one of the people removing people from party over anything. Lots of times a group of friends (who obviously out number you) decide they don’t like something about that player. They then get removed with a 30 minute rebuff to que again. This is in my opinion, a complete failure on blizzards part and supports bullying.

2 Likes

What in his post of. (Don’t be a jerk, and Don’t play poorly, and you will be fine in 99% of your dungeon groups) Makes you think that he kicks people all the time?

I mean that’s pretty spot on for ensuring not getting removed from any 5 man group…

The funny part is I even made sure to specify that you don’t have to necessarily be nice or play amazingly, you just have to NOT be a jerk or play poorly.

If that’s an issue for you, than you’d probably want to look into more solo experiences. You are not entitled to any group.

It’s been explained why just remove the debuff is not a better solution.

Not true. Sometimes the group you’re in is trying so hard to get a heroic achievement done but they don’t realize that aren’t good enough to complete said task, and they get bent outta shape when you let them in on that fact.

Groups going for achievements aren’t trying to do them in PUGs in RDF.

Making things more annoying and then presenting the change as "thank the people who abused the system, they’re why we can’t have nice things :nerd_face: " is such a garbage way to make changes to the game. I promise that it’s less annoying for everyone if the deserter debuff isn’t handed out like candy.

I won’t deny that people get kicked but there’s no way that it’s happening at the frequency that some people on the forum suggests, I’ve never been kicked from a dungeon, never. So, when people are saying that it’s happening all the time I can’t help but think that it’s all hyperbole or the more likely scenario, that the forums have become a place where people say that I was kicked for X reason even though X reason is bad and I shouldn’t of been kicked at all.

If I were to queue a dungeon on my Druid which is level 80 atm I can guarantee that it’ll never get kicked in every single dungeon it goes into. I know this because I did it with my Rogue, I quested/RDF’d to 85, did dungeons which lead to heroics and I was never kicked once because I knew what I was doing, I did decent DPS and I wasn’t slowing things down and as a result I was never kicked.

I’ve spammed dungeons on two characters, this one and my Rogue to the point where I no longer need the VP from heroics and again, have never been kicked. I have however seen people be kicked, and reasons for that is either them doing low DPS, them needing on every piece of gear or that they’re simply AFK.

You can apply it over repeated kicks. If you get kicked twice the same day (for example) it’s more likely a you problem.

Oh man, what I would give to be that blissfully naive

insanely rare, because they shouldn’t be doing that in pugs for sure, but they do pop up. Usually a duo or trio wanting to do X achieve and trying to get others randomly to do it.

Not the best way to get achieves but its something that happens sadly.

Depends what you mean by that. You can be “the common denominator” and even “the reason it happens,” but FAULT can be a whole other beast.

Sometimes, a community collectively acts in a certain way, and that way might be bad or wrong. However, they still collectively behave in this way.

Now, is it YOUR FAULT if you behave in the good way, which you know goes against the grain, and gets you kicked?

This is true. I think the biggest issue with LFD (lookingfordungeon) is ninja looting + ninja looting and trading item that isn’t useable for your class, to a friend. But ya, grief kicking is abundant but 99% of the time if you just play properly you won’t run into that issue. Personally, i’ve never experienced being grief kicked but i don’t expect the average joe to play good like me. But its completely allowed and not breaking TOS. You can even get grief kicked for being good if the group is a premade/guild group. Just gotta move on.

The only solution to fix this 100% is by removing dungeon deserter entirely. Initially, and on cata classic launch, if you killed the first boss and left then you were safe. But they recently hot fixed this and now you get it regardless if you leave the dungeon at ANY point in time.

Removing dungeon deserter creates ppl leaving when its not the dungeon they want or after the boss they specifically need. Which logically and imo, is completely harmless as your group gets instant priority queue to fill. Blizz devs are just weird. They can’t fix stuff like they use to in og 2004-MoP bc they just don’t play their own game like they use to.

The issue is tanks/healers just actively avoid the bad dungeons if they can leave with no penalty.

Now just removing VP from the random queue reward would fix that but like you said blizzard devs are weird.

1 Like

Kind of pointless in a dungeon honestly. I was raid geared on my rogue main built for sustained dps rather than using a burst trinket for 30 second boss kills. I got kicked from the party at the end because the other rogue would pull 1k more than me using a burst trinket. I think it comes down as don’t think too hard about the details because it makes you look guilty of participating in the nonsense. We were both doing 20k+ dps for reference point. Honestly there is no logical excuse of that behaviour other than griefing. And its now enforced through the communication rules regarding how you treat others. Probably not worth a ban but once youre geared taking a week or two off is no problem for some individuals.

Nah, they’re doing the voting lol.

You’d have to state more precisely which good things you do that specifically get you kicked.

So kick them. At any rate, a 30 minute debuff for being kicked is way too long.

It’s not too long at all. Sadly it’s almost a requirement to prevent tanks/healers from holding dungeon runs hostage. Not sure if you played when there was no debuff or not, but it was a nightmare.

It’s also a nice “punishment” for people who are being toxic in the group.