Got silenced for no reason

If you felt you did nothing wrong, open a ticket and appeal. And don’t spam TOO often. We’ve become a place where people often ignore general and just do their politic-chitchat in trade chat and will abuse the report function for spam probably.

Already did, but by the time they answer the silence will be over haha

Oh well, not much you can do - - the nature of the beast with these report systems :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to Blizz CS dept in 2019 - something that grows worse the longer it’s around

Are you complimenting their staff on making stuff up? Cause I’m speaking from direct personal experience. 3 different people gave me 3 different reasons, none of which were actual ToS violations. But keep your head in the sand if ya want, your business.

1 Like

I really don’t understand the problem, if you were just selling in trade you should’ve been fine, at least one would think.

I’m mainly replying to this because I was silenced repeatedly on another site’s live-stream, and all I did was criticize a different content provider, and not even in an inappropriate way I just said I didn’t dig them.

No one ever told me I couldn’t do that, and I stopped attending those streams because when I questioned what happened, they just silenced me again without a warning or clarification. Jerks. I had to discern the reasons on my own. Even the guy I was watching said his mods had itchy fingers, smh.

Bottom line, the internet can be annoying.

No, I was complimenting you on that part. What you said was far fetched, to say the least.

I cant even talk in battlenet lol…

my whole account is silenced.

Facts, most people do complain on the forums though.

Nope, 100% accurate, completely factual. But again, you can believe whatever fantasy world you wanna believe in. Orcs are real, Blizz support are all doing swell jobs being honest and efficient.

When I got silenced in OVERWATCH for calling someone a “bad” a few times during the match (it seriously was just a few, then we blocked each other) I realized that times had changed and feelings are very fragile these days.

Lol I know the feeling of confusion I guess

Trade… is not really for trade… sort of… it’s a general chat that connects all cities, so ppl use it like such.

I suggest you make your sales pitch on Trade very short and limit announcements… once every… i dunno… 45 mins? Definitely nothing under 30 mins.

Or a group of folks decided to cause trouble. Letting the community police what can and can’t be said in trade chat was a bad decision.

i hate it when that happens…actually no i don’t. i could get banned from trade channel, and wouldn’t even know it.

Maybe next time put anal in your ad and you will fit right in! Trade chat is a joke, people use it for their political bs and anal spam but report people who are actually trying to use channel as intended. First thing I do on a new toon is turn it off.

So much misinformation, obfuscation of facts and plain nonsense in this thread.

Anyone with the cojones would take their complaint to the CS forums, where the reps there generally review exactly what happened, and will set the record straight, publicly I might add.

Specifics aren’t discussed, of course, but replies from blues that go like this are very, very common:

"Sorry, (Player), that’s not how things went down at all."

So, go. C’mon, go. I beg you, because these “I was silenced for no reason,” threads are regular features there.

And it’s never, ever, ever (ever) for “no reason.”

LMAO. :joy:

Don’t believe me? Go read the CS forums. You won’t have to scroll far for an “I was banned/silenced/name reported for no reason,” thread. And it’s really, really entertaining to see the real reason come out.

Hence why I lurk CS. Seeing the actual truth behind matters is entertaining.

5 Likes

threads like this reminds of me of watching law and order where the defense lawyers ALWAYS have a legal excuse for their client “well your honor my client didn’t mean to set the victims house on fire with them inside he was merely trying to torch their car and see the gas got on his shoes and when he lit the match it accidently caught his leg on fire and in a panic he threw the burning shoe thru the window and it landed on his dry laundry and that actually caused the blaze”

3 Likes

Silence penalties are reviewed by an employee.

Aha , you got silenced for spamming.

2 Likes

Got silenced for no reason

Sorry my fellow Forsaken, but the reality is, the mob doesn’t need a reason. They just need to want to get out the pitchforks and torches…just the world we live in now, McCarthyism is the order of the day.

Just have to accept it, and as our death knight allies say…suffer well.

1 Like