Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

For many they are.

Your personal want to hide what makes a void elf what they are should not trump the want of those that want them to be distinct.

2 Likes

They didn’t gain any new Void options either, and you used up dev time, who ironically after BEs lost their visual uniqueness in all of this they also didn’t gain anything from this exchange.

So this “you still have your options” is just an excuse for people who want to persevere and push forward focusing on their own wants after they were the ones who were just gifted a compromise.

1 Like

What are you talking about? is not like my velf will look any different just because he gets a more natural looking velf lol.

3 Likes

And for many they are not. What’s your point?

All races including allied races will be receiving more customization options. Nothing stops those players from making a voided void elf.
I literally dont know what hill you’re trying to die on

4 Likes

We actually did get new void eyes. And purple was supposed to be void-specific eye but belves snatched it again so…

As for other options, we just got hand-me downs for belves for having the same model. Just like mechagnomes from gnomes, ARs in general didn’t get new options yet.

3 Likes

Take up dev time? Bro they can recycle 2-3 hairstyles from humans and call it a day. Don’t be melodramatic and facetious

1 Like

Yes we barely got anything. Can’t wait to see the new option.

I hope we get tentacles options and void tattoos.

woah woah woah… babe,the void elves getting their identity mushed on aside…

Those are not void specific customization… literally everyone saw these eyes on normal non corrupted high elves for awhile…

it’s the overly bright purple eyes on void elves that are very likely to be void customization

3 Likes

Those were a bug that was supposed to be blue.
Purple was initially introduced as Velf-eye only.

But due the bug they gave it to both races and didn’t even make it different despite looking like our tentacles.

3 Likes

Can we just… not? Play a blood elf. Too many overlapping features and there will be no point in having races at all.

They should get more of those (after other ARs catch up, and after the core races).

You getting more option to further wash them off of their uniqueness it’s not ensured.

And he already has options to pretend not to be a Void elf. That’s the whole point.

Velves are still low on the list. They aren’t even the Alliance AR with the most customization so if anything they have to catach up. RIP Nightborne though.

So why wouldn’t he be able to get more?

Dwarves went all in to pretend wildhammer, and so did trolls with other troll tribes. Blizzard has said this is their way to add other sub-races without making whole ARs things. They have even said they are considering ways to change how you want to get adressed (like Wildhammer dwarf).

5 Likes

How can purple be introduced as velf only if it’s a bug unintended?

right but we seen high elves with those eyes way before void elves were even thought of

and it’s hardly purple it’s more natural non headlight blue… purple is still very much a unique color for velfs

Currently Velves have purple eyes.

The new purple eyes are a different eye model that is being given to both. Still is like golden and green are belf only, purple was a void thing. Because purple is our colour (heritage, general aesthetic).

No those high elves had blue eyes, the bug was recent. The recent one is purple purple.

4 Likes

And Highmountain… and Lightforged… and Nightborne again.

I will mention too that even from the get go, they were the one of the ARs (If not the one, I didn’t count them) with the most options.

Because it makes sense to really cement their identity as their own people.

They are already suffering on the lore department, and people likes to use this as a way to minimize the fact that they’re a completely new and different thing as it is.

They are in dire need of distinctiveness,

Are Wildhammers on Horde? Are they encroaching on a Horde core race visual theme?

And BEs are HEs.

Have you seen the new mage trainer in Orgrimmar?

1 Like

okay I am going to need you to use pictures because i am really confused here… because if you are talking about the og helf eyes those are not void related in anyway

so if it’s originally an eye color on high elf npcs but then bugged is it really meant for void elves in that regard?

1 Like

And if the customization is to iterate groups with their core race then of course BEs got the HE variation color.

Yeah the first 4 were poorly implemented. Lightforged and HM had more than velves before the new skins/eyes. Nightborne RIP. Also fem dark iron RIP.

I mean they will be distinctive either way, void will always be void and will always be present in the game.

Belves aren’t going to die because of some hair colours, just like nelves didn’t die when nightborne got purple skin and their hair colours (getting black before non-DH nelves even).

She’s a Belf with blue eyes. Blood elves are blood elves and the only thing that separates them is their politics.

Original Helf NPCs had blue eyes.
A bug happened in SL beta, all blue eyes for females were over saturated so they looked purple.

Meanwhile Blizz was doing eyes for belves and velves.
Belves got to keep golden and green unique to them.
Void elves got purple (which we can use currently on live).

Blizz realized the bug recently. So they are made NEW purple eyes based on the bug and then gave those to both races.

So Void elves had purple eyes as our dedicated colour. Now belves can have it too because a bug gave blizz the idea.

No , the bug is not the eyes void elves got in live, it’s a different model of eye so to speak.

7 Likes