Remove the wow token and make the game a premium MMO again

So THAT’S what Susan was up to! You sly devil, well played!

love these threads.

As I play my tbcc more these days.

and I can see 10 to 1 ads. 10 paid carries to 1 legit for free run. dungeon or raid. People will charge noobs for stockade carries for crying outloud in tbcc.

If I were to total up 10 runs it be at least 150 gold. FOR SUMMONS…they run 15 gold. for the summons. the d/r that is around 50 gold to start.

TBCC has no token. carries are there. not all make 150 gold by sneezing. So…how does that money get there I wonder. Well I know. its so prevalent reports on reddit you stand a good chance to keep your gold after your 3 days off.

Do you want to bring back gold farmer spam?

Because that’s how you bring back gold farmer spam.

I’d rather they not have a market, thanks.

2 Likes

People used to sell gold anyways. This is impossible to fully police.

By introducing the WoW token, Blizzard embraces the system, allows players to pay their subscription and even store items just with gold.

The issue is that high-level items are tradeable. They shouldn’t be, not beyond the raid group that looted them.

1 Like

If WoW is a premium mmo then they also need to make it so craftable blues don’t have the same ilvl as end of dungeon chest drops from mythic +15s.

Also they need to drop a lot of the engagement metric boosting garbage that ruins the grinding to feel good/power up that most mmos have. The weekly handout from vault/creation catalyst and valor cap feel like freemium tier garbage. The game is the grind, yet they also completely ruin it.

They can change engagement boosts from gear to mounts/tmogs/pets easily. Make it battle pass style with BP “quests” that last a full season rather than just a week.

Straight from a blue.

I’m going to use this reply pretty much any time someone says “Remove the WoW Token” because we now have an actual statement that despite what YOU believe, they aren’t being used how you think they are.

5 Likes

Yeah WoW tokens will never be reverted. That said, the game design can move away from the freemium model quite a bit in many other ways.

It’s heavily monetized moreso than freemium games out there, along with all the purposeful freemium model psychological trappings.

They will never remove the wow token. This is a pure profit concept.

Just FYI, in freemium model games, the heavy spenders are always in the minority.

It’s all about fishing for the 1% with issues who are micro-transaction whales.

The lack of certain information can be crucial to how one interprets a PR response.

1 Like

What if Blizzard came out with a server that’s $30/month. But no wow tokens, no shop, and they actively have gms sit in there monitoring for gold sellers, and they do heavy auction house audits, completely tracing and looking for RMT gold selling.

Would anybody be interested in this product?

1 Like

Making gold in the 9.2 is bad, the only decent way is tokens, boosting or leggo crafting that you can only make gold of if you have done it from s1

leggos is 50-200k per one, that is not affordable for such an important piece of gear for your toons
( we need a catch up system for the crafting on this)

gold from all old raids got nerfd

Just FYI it doesn’t matter if the wow token existed or not. The top 1% would buy gold either way. At least this way other players benefit from it.

2 Likes

There have always been raid tier BoEs. And there have always been rich players. The rich players now just get to play for free. Or buy games with WoW gold!

Hardly. The game practically throws gold at you at the moment.

Method of getting gold? Interested in how

I need 6 leggos on my main for content, I do est 600k gold and roughly 400k each for 3 other alts

so I need roughly 1.8M gold just for leggos to play the content I want to do, so if you have some amazing gold making way I really do want to know

right now, I can barely even enjoy my toons because leggos is so pricey

Man’s too afraid of blues of to openly agree with a comment. Non-answers tangentially to avoid the content of the comment.

1 Like

It still is a premium game… They make extra money off selling tokens, so it’s win-win for Blizzard and players. Rather than players using sketchy gold selling services, they can get it straight from the horses mouth, with zero risk.

Every token sold for gold, within WoW, means that someone spent real money on a token, to sell for gold.

Also, if they really wanted to: They could just stop making your supposed “P2W” items BoE. But there’s no need to do that. You can put cat ears on a frog, but it’s still a frog, just like you can slap heroic or mythic ilvl gear on a mediocre player and you’re still going to get mediocre performance out of them.

2 Likes

I agree. Made farming actually feel good cause you earned it. Even tho most will disagree

2 Likes

So you want people who have been playing since Vanilla who have had to change their finances to be more responsible, but who have been an active part of the content to just get shoved out?

Because you’re worried about bots? Are you serious right now? LOL

1 Like

Stop transmogging. Seriously, when I was saving for longboi I stopped transmogging for a few months. It’s worth a lot.

Callings. These things just throw gold at you.

Sell crafting mats. You don’t even have to farm them this expansion for a bit of extra cash. Just all the meat, fish, cloth, everything else that you just passively collect while playing. Slap it up on the AH.

Professions. Always the most reliable. I finally got around to leveling inscription last week. Missives are a very reliable source of income. Nothing life changing. But they sell.

I posted that in a thread last week. There’s a lot of advice from people in there.

You do know that not all realms has that option, all our mats are worthless
there is some worth more but it not a way to make enough to fund leggos

aethereal meat 29 silver
proto flesh 36 silver
shadowy shank 37 silver
tenebrous ribs 38 silver
raw seraphic wings 78 silver
creeping crawler meat 92 silver
bone fish 1g 76 silver

1 Like