Getting all vendor mounts in TBC

With WotLK reducing the cost of mounts from vendors for the most part (at least the ones from main cities), I’m going to be detailing how much it’ll cost to get every single mount from vendors in TBC.

There is a TL;DR near the bottom if you’re not interested in the specifics of the gold costs.

Alliance mounts (Horde cost is expected to be the same)

60% mounts cost 80s with full discount.
100% mounts cost 8g with full discount.

Normal flying mounts cost 50g
Epic flying mounts cost 100g

Faction specific detailed here

• There are 4 60% and 3 100% Mechanostriders. Full cost is 27.2g - Gnomeregan.

• There are 3 60% and 100% Rams. Full cost is 26.4g - Ironforge.

• There are 4 60% and 3 100% Horses. Full cost is 27.2g - Stormwind.

• There are 4 60% and 3 100% Cats. Full cost is 27.2g - Darnassus

• There are 3 60% and 100% Elekks. Full cost is 26.4g - Exodar

• There are 3 normal flying mounts and 4 epic flying mounts. Full cost is 550g

• The Winterspring Frostsaber will cost 100g in WotLK.

Kurenai Mounts

Unarmored cost 56g
Armored cost 80g

There are 4 unarmored Talbuks and 4 Armored Talbuks. Total cost 544g

Netherwing Drakes

All drakes cost 200g, there are 6 Drakes, total cost is 1.2k gold. But since you’d already have one it’s pretty much only 1,000g. Just remember which one you chose at first.

Sha’tari Skyguard

All Nether Rays cost 160g, there are 5 Nether Rays, total cost is 800g

Cenarion Expedition

The Cenarion War Hippogryph costs 1.6k gold.

Alterac Valley

The Alterac Valley mount currently costs 50 AV marks, in WotLK however it’s cost will change to 50k honor.

So that’s the Stormpike Battle Charger for the Alliance, and the Horn of the Frostwolf Howler for the Horde.

PvP mounts (Rank 11 mounts)

The Black War mounts obtained from PvP are currently obtainable by handing in 30 AV, WSG and AB marks. In WotLK this changes so that all 5 of them cost 50k honor.

Halaa

The unarmored mount costs

• 70 Halaa Battle Tokens and 15 Halaa Research Tokens

The armored mount costs

• 100 Halaa Battle Tokens and 20 Halaa Research Tokens

And that’s all of them, the total cost is 4,628g. This amount will let you buy 61 mounts earning you another mount. Once you’ve learnt 50 mounts you’ll obtain the achievement, Leading the Cavalry awarding you the Reins of the Albino Drake so I guess in a way it’s 62 mounts.

The only mounts that go down in cost are the faction mounts.

Am I missing any? And if you want me to also add the WotLK mounts I’m more than willing to do so, though I might completly restructure this post if I do.

I've also done a list for companion pets.

Companion Pets and Where to Find Them

7 Likes

This is actually good to know so thank you. I have all the reps except a few of the alliance ones and nether ray (I’ve bought enough time-lost offerings though but waiting for exp turn in) I have the gold saved up so no worries there. Great news.

1 Like

Any horde versions of this haha?

It should be the same for the horde, Blizzard added one more mount to Night Elves to better reflect the Hordes so even if this is labeled as “Alliance” you can consider it Horde as well.

Just take out the Winterspring Frostsaber and there’s your total.

Thank you! I already have a plan to get 50 mounts in my collection on my main during pre-patch for an Albino Drake, so it’s nice to see how much it’ll cost me (not too much if I only get the racial mounts on top of my current collection and my warlock-only (main is warlock) mounts). It’s also worth noting that the Mechanostriders’ limit of only allowing Dwarves and Gnomes to use them has been lifted in Wrath.

1 Like

This and your post about companion pets is Awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this legwork!

1 Like

Agreed with the previous post, thanks for making these helpful threads.

On a side note your other thread reminded me of wanting a Hyacinth Macaw which is a pet I really like because I like the colors etc but I’m not farming that. The dragon pets I’ll farm but that, no way. So I bought it off the AH for 1000g. Since then i haven’t seen it go lower than 5000g. So it was definitely good timing on your last thread :slight_smile: I doubt the price is going down.

2 Likes

10000% wish achievements would be account wide. My hunter can get all of these mounts but he’s gonna be AFK most of Wrath.

Sadge

This is a nice list, thank you for making it. I think you may be missing the PvP mounts though unless I missed seeing them.

Are the PVP mounts purchased with gold? He only listed ones purchased with gold. Going to assume its the same reason he didn’t list drop mounts.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

I saw vendor mounts in the title so I just assumed those would be included.

That’s a fair assumption I suppose. Could have said “Getting all Reputation vendor mounts” or something to be a little more clear but I think we get the picture here.

I feel you. My main has been my priest since Classic Launch. In wrath the teams I’m playing with want me to go Warlock and Paladin.

Still going to have my priest my main… and I’m 100% going to for them to carry my priest for raid achievements.

No need to take frost saber out for horde because the venomhide raptor will be added

1 Like

Oh nice, I knew they added a Horde version I just thought it was later.

I’ve listed the PvP mounts that come from vendors, please tell me if I’ve forgotten about some.

Yep! Looks like you got them. Thanks again for making this list.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.