GDKP ban, good or bad for the community

Despite everyone’s opinions of GDKPs, whether they support or don’t support it, the incoming ban has instilled a whole new level of toxicity in the game, which in my mind, goes against the goal of banning GDKPs in the first place, which was to instill to reinstill that sense of community.

Personally, I love many different loot systems but cannot stand MS>OS as I have seen numerous times, where in a pug, a person ninja loots an item, or even worse, the RL will take the last items off a boss leave group and log. People could say, “don’t pug” but that also goes against the spirit of WoW, meeting new people etc…

The GDKP ban has inspired so much hate in the community its unreal. You cannot be in LFG without people threatening to find the GDKP underground people and “ruin them”, you go into the forums, or WoWhead, and people everywhere are telling people who are expressing their opinion to get “f—”.

Yes, gold buying and botting, there should be no tolerance for it, but at the same time, banning a system that people have found is a way for them to enjoy the game in a different way, I am not sure if that is the solution.

Essentially, banning GDKPs is Blizzard’s lazy way of addressing a potential problem, without addressing the root of the problem, gold buying/botting.

2 Likes

100% of GDKP attendees, are RMT players or gold sellers pumping.

In order to get into a GDKP as a bidder, you need to have gold in the first place. Thus the idea some “honest” players attend GDKP to get gold is ridiculous, as they already have the gold in order to get in.

The carries are just the gold sellers themselves. Why would you not partake in an activity which gives you MORE gold than running 10 farming bots? They can also pump the prices.

Why do you think GDKP ask how much gold you have? Because they want to know how much they can pump the bid, so they can make you spend more money on more gold.

DUH

An “honest” players could never afford the bids from GDKP. Its just not realistic. The gaslighting from the RMT trash posting in lvl 10 characters is just silly.

Everyone involved in the GDKP circle are gold sellers or RMT trash. It is a great thing they removed it.

9 Likes

People ninja items and entire GDKP pots too, so GDKP is not an answer for this situation.

1 Like

Oh, that’s the weird narrative people have.

Look, there are probably some RMT players in GDKP. But to say 100%? Bro I don’t know what you’re on.

Much like how there are Rogues stealth killing you in open world PVP, that doesn’t mean ALL rogues do that. At least try to make a more modest generalization if you’re doing that.

3 Likes

Gdkp is one of the main allures of buying gold. Sure, RMT will still exist, but when you cut off a major market without impacting the rest of the userbase, seems like a win win.

1 Like

GDKPS exist because

Dust to dust

1 Like

And stopped reading there. Your argument is automatically invalid if you’re going to start with an inaccurate hyperbole

Consequences of Banning the GDKP: - WoW Classic / Season of Discovery - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

And here why people hate GDKP: Why so much envy of the GDKP

Hello there RMT player who buys gold. What part of my post do you think is inaccurate?

1 Like

Hello there blue parser who thinks people are unable to make good amounts of gold any other way. If you want I’ll show you my TSM logs :kissing_heart:

It won’t have any meaningful impact, because GDKPs made up such a miniscule portion of the raids being run. We’ll see the occasional post crying about how they were banned for participating in a GDKP along with the verbal gymnastics about how they weren’t breaking the rules when they clearly were…But for 99% of players will be unaffected by this change and the fallout will be limited to the forums being flooded with the tears of gold buyers for a few weeks.

Hello there RMT player buying gold. If you can make hundreds of gold in honest ways, then why would you need to attend a GDKP? The idea of that loot system is to get gold out of raiding. Otherwise you are just bidding against people who have higher amounts of gold, since they are RMT.

The only way for someone to win a bid in GDKP is to RMT.

1 Like

This is the best scenario where Blizzard can test this. Creating your own guild and playing with the same people is the best solution to this, as is creating your own premade in BG’s, but Blizzard realizes that’s not as easy for many people and some simply don’t want to do that, so they feel they need to step in and try something else for the overall health of the game.

Going after logs when a huge portion of the parse community (likely the overwhelming majority) are gold buying cheaters is kinda cringe.

1 Like

Lol, hundreds. That’s not a lot of gold. Also because I’m buying gear on my alts. But you’re right I don’t typically do GDKP’s as a carry because the gold isn’t really worth my time.

I think it depends on how you look at the fundamentals of GDKP. It does provide a more flexible element for people to participate in raiding if they don’t have time to conform to raid schedules or other people’s schedules, but there is such a glaring issue with it that is really the antithesis of ‘sense of community’.

You’re literally having to pay people to not be pieces of crap because, without the gold, everyone says people will just ninja everything or will hyper focus on parses or gear.

So even without RMT issues being part of GDKP, the idea people don’t see such a huge drawback to it in that regard, and in a few others, is absurd to suggest its actually hurting the community.

You know what else is cringe? That person continuously stating that I’m an RMT’er because I know how to make gold.

He can be bad at the game but don’t make up stuff :woman_shrugging:

Eh, when you swim in circles full of crappy people; often times you’ll end up smelling like crap.

1 Like

Guess that’s why low parsers stay low parsers too

I’m not sure what this means.

Parsing is kinda silly in classic because it’s easy AF, and WCL is plagued by cheating gold buyers.

Go post even blue parses in retail then come back and brag imo.

1 Like