Full time retail player once again

Of course it’s not dying they only have what 30 plus servers while retail has 200 lol. Players are less spread out on Classic doesn’t mean it will do well in 8.3 or sl expansion is out.

1 Like

If anything, Classic WoW vs the experience on pservers highlighted to me that most of the worst changes made to the game were done to catter to retail WoW no-life players who don’t play for the game, but to distract themselves from life or other games. It’s exactly what happened to AV and the WPvP in Classic, the pserver player behavior was WAY different.

Just look at the addition of pet battles and how many people tell me “they’re something you can do if you’re bored”. But why would you be bored playing THE GAME? Is WoW so boring that people try to play a different game within the game to justify its cost? Is it about making additions that make sense to the game, or is it about stuffing it with as many random things as possible to make sure the no-life players don’t complain as much?

It reminds me of the “A short history lesson in MMORPGs” picture.

did you notice that once all servers started to say “low” and “medium” all the time on their real time server populations that they changed it to show it for the week or whatever? blizz was being honest at first about things but eventually hid how poorly classic was doing. which i find hilarious. lol.

1 Like

i totally agree with this and I did the same

If that’s true that is very funny to me lol! Im not shocked to be honest i figure they would hide the truth.

they changed it a while back so instead of saying “low” or “medium” now a lot of servers say “high.” but a week before that 90% of the day they were at “low.” XD

here’s the post they made about it. but look how it is framed. :stuck_out_tongue:

LMFAO! oh man i knew it smart move on blizzard. But i always knew not alot of players where playing it over retail most people want a MMorpg that goes forward not backwards anyways.

1 Like

Well, that’s one way to coach…but it’s an easy way to just drive people away as well.

This, amigo, is not brag-worthy.

1 Like

i had someone argue with me that more people have played classic than retail. so in the whole 39 or whatever servers they have they’ve had over 12m people playing? and i correct them and let them know that even WoD started out with 10m and it’s widely considered the worst expansion. yet classic has had maybe 2m? and that’s a kind estimate? there are more people on “new player” and “low” realms on retail than there are combined vs all the classic realms. not to mention all of our “medium”, “high”, and “full” realms. the retail servers are also much larger than the classic ones but they don’t understand that either. lol

Bingo well said! if that is what they have now i can’t imagine how bad it’s going to get when 8.3 drops and even more so when sl expansion hits i think it will be ghost towns imho.

have you read their classic forum drama? like half the alliance who played on pvp servers rage quit the game because horde corpse camped them for hours at every fp. now they have paid transfers and even MORE alliance are moving off of those servers. they said before that flight killed wpvp but it’s obvious that blizz did it on purpose with bgs because wpvp is total crap and unbalanced. so i imagine all of those “i came to classic to wpvp” are on their way out as well. XD

1 Like

Retail doesn’t have rated bgs either

Yep i seen it sad really.

retail is just a better game obv. i am glad classic exists for people who want to main it though. but people a week into classic were already asking for tbc servers once they got bored after no lifeing classic and running out of things to do. do you remember when they said they’d happily play classic for years even with no new content because the content was just that fun? LOL

1 Like

I played a small amount of Classic and honestly had a lot of fun. I was just in it for the leveling and the different feel to the community thanks to grouping up actually being a boon instead of an annoyance most of the time.

I couldn’t convince myself to keep going though. In the back of my mind it was always lingering that it was a waste of time since I had no plans to mess with endgame and the RP community seemed extremely weak in comparison to the active Retail servers, which I figured would be the only thing that might give the thing some longevity for me after leveling.

Never even made it to 20 as a result. Just like 3 toons between 10 and 20.

Classic is kind of like prison. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was not for the other people there.

1 Like

I enjoyed vanilla in 2004, but I actually started to get bored around level 40. Not until WOLK would I say I really started to enjoy the game again.

I do not like BFA, but I have never had a desire to play classic again. The magic was definately a one time thing for me back in 2004 that wore off before even max level.

However, if they were to release WOLK, I might be very tempted to play it. Its easily the most fun I had with this game.

Just as I anticipated, nearly all people praising retail over classic don’t raid or do M+.

You don’t even play the game lmao

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about this angle before, but it makes sense :thinking:

People who “actually” play the game have plenty to do in retail.

1 Like

Well It’s just that when all you do is LFR and WQs, like how do you know the game?

Every class is amazing at LFR, every class is amazing at WQs. They have NO CLUE about what some of the major problems of this game are (Azerite gear, certain classes in M+ etc).

That’s why I always say “If the only thing to do in the game were WQs and LFR, the game would be excellent”. Unfortunately, there’s much more than that to do in the game, and when you do said things, the issues at hand are immeasurable.

1 Like