"Fresh TBC" - Why a fresh start for all realms will benefit WOW CLASSIC

Too much gold bought by credit cards? Fresh will fix that.
Profession alts ruining the economy? Fresh will fix that.
Your GM running around with scarab lord mount? Fresh will fix that.

Fresh will fix everything, it is the ultimate solution to classics plaguing problems.

also here is a kitty in a bag
Kitty in bag

Thank you.

35 Likes

When the GM of Gaming speaks - you listen

2 Likes

When Nighteyes, GM of Audacity replies - you listen.

2 Likes

Would love to have TBC last as long as possible so I’m all for this. Experiencing Classic in its final state at the moment has shown me I’d like to see people out in the world again like Classic was at the beginning.

15 Likes

You can have your fresh starts. I’ll be taking this character and my gold with me through the dark portal :ok_hand:

30 Likes

as someone who has received over gold cap in earnings, I agree wholeheartedly on a gold reset of some sort. I don’t want to lose my scarab lord though, and I have every enchant and alchemy recipe in Classic atm so that’s pretty prestigious to me.

3 Likes

You can race for a brand new Scarab Lord in TBC, ya know. Plus…the title will exist too.

1 Like

OP is completely wrong because fresh won’t fix any of that it will merely delay it.

Anyone who has played private servers enough knows that each server eventually degenerates, it’s really quite inevitable.

14 Likes

…besides, everyone will be starting fresh anyway. All of your Classic faction reps won’t matter, all your Naxx gear will be replaced by green Hellfire quest rewards, you’ll have to farm new rep for new instances and heroics, the gold may be helpful when it comes to flying but that doesn’t change the fact that gold farmers will still exist in BC as they do in Classic, so like you said, it’s just delayed.

:wave: nubeyes

Naxx gear doesn’t get replaced until heroic lvl 70 dungeons and raids, and even then some isn’t replaced till later raid tiers

This whole “hurr durr hellfire greens replace your gear” thing is such a meme

The whole “replacing all my hard earned epics with greens” thing was only the case back in the day because 90% of the playerbase was running around in dungeon gear and MC/ZG epics that they took 2 years to get because barely anyone was in good raiding guilds

3 Likes

If anything, blizzard will take the most profitable route. Which will be fresh TBC realms.

Fresh TBC solves none of those issues, while making at least one of them worse.

3 Likes

The amount of people that wont want to lvl 1-58 just to get to outland will make blizz lose millions. No way that happens. Maybe a couple fresh start but as a whole no way.

6 Likes

I’d be willing to level but I’d be pretty upset, and I didn’t even do the R14/SL grind. It’d even make it worse for new Paladin/Shaman on Horde/Ally as they can’t have their capped friends boost them.

While I doubt they will allow people to transfer with their full bank account, I do hope they give the option to both transfer characters AND fresh servers.

The best part of Classic was the leveling experience at the same time as anyone else.

2 Likes

The ally shamans lvling will have an easier time since the aoe cap doesnt hinder prot pallies. Paladin boost is going to become the meta in BC. Horde is screwed at launch.

What’s this about a cap? Was this actually in TBC, or is this a Classic specific change? I’ve never actually mained a Mage or anything that AoEs that much so if it’s accurate to TBC, I’ve never felt it.

There’s always just running people through period killing as you go. Slower, but still good.

In bc the aoe cap was changed to 10 mobs. Pally consecration doesnt have a cap and ret aura and holy shield are on hit so pally is the new aoe meta king.

1 Like

10 mobs? Wow, that’s pretty bad. No wonder then.