"Fresh TBC" - Why a fresh start for all realms will benefit WOW CLASSIC

Fresh start servers with no transfers from broken servers, is the only way that I come back to classic on TBC launch.

Zero interest in playing on a server that’s flooded by bot gold.

6 Likes

I’m the complete opposite. I’ve put in a lot of time and effort legitimately to prep for TBC. I’d feel punished if they wiped it and I had to start fresh. I also don’t think the OPs approach would solve anything. Simply delay the inevitable unless fixes were implemented as well.

6 Likes

No. Fresh is trash.

4 Likes

It’s only the most profitable if people don’t quit. If enough people quit they’ll lose money. My time is valuable to me. I won’t relevel all my 60’s all over again to play from 60 to 70. I quit BfA a year before classic was released. I’ll quit wow totally if I don’t get to progress my 60’s into BC

4 Likes

But wouldn’t that be the price to pay for experiencing TBC at launch? Just like you did when Classic launched? Classic was a fresh start. No freebies, and it felt good surviving under those restrictions. Wouldn’t you want to feel the same accomplishments you did when you played classic?

I don’t see blizzard allowing any sort of progress transfers. The economies are just too different, and they already stated they want to protect classic players and their realms.

2 Likes

TBC was launched as a continuation of vanilla. You brought your 60’s to outland, you didn’t reset at 1. If you think blizz will not allow us to progress our 60’s you’re in a massive state of delusion

4 Likes

But what about those players who don’t want TBC? I’m very sure, blizzard will protect those players and offer fresh realms.

1 Like

I went into BC the first time with my accomplishments from Vanilla. I would like to do the same. That is fun for me. There are no freebies. I earned everything I have.

I really don’t want to level up my 5 60s again. I want to spend that time leveling up Draenei.

There is no harm in offering both, so we all get to play the way we want.

3 Likes

I will tag this thread and come back to laugh at you when they announce progression only servers

Okay. You do that. lol

1 Like

It’s not a price I’m willing to pay. Wow is not the only video game that’s fun to play. And I have other things in my life that are fun to do. Frankly it just seems crazy to me that you don’t get bored repeating the same quests, the same dungeons, the same farming grind to level up professions.

It’s like the people who claim to have watched Star Wars dozens, even hundreds, of times. It was a good movie worth watching maybe 3 or 4 times but it’s insane to waste the hours watching it dozens of times.

I don’t understand you people but you do you. Repeat the game endless times. I have no problem if there are reset classic servers or fresh BC servers or eventually fresh Wrath servers where you can relevel all your BC 70’s from level 1 all over again. I won’t play on any of them. I’ll move my 60’s to BC or I will quit wow.

1 Like

Punish the cheaters wallets. Yes please.
Im only for fresh if all the botting and boosting bullsheet is gone.

4 Likes

Then you wouldn’t be playing. If people were going to quit as they say they will, they will, regardless of the direction of TBC. But, I’m not going to be fooled by the players who played classic at launch, will miss out on the TBC hype launch. I just don’t buy it.

It depends on the roll out. I absolutely will not play fresh tbc. If I want fresh i can play pservers for free. I didn’t play shadowlands either. I’m not giving blizzard my money for something I don’t want to play.

/shrug what ever. The evidence is absolutely clear that classic players will quit if the game doesn’t develop in the ways they find fun. The vast majority of classic players already quit wow years ago. The vast majority of those wow quitters didn’t go on to play on p-servers. I see you’re still playing retail so I understand why you won’t believe people will quit wow. When people were coming to the forums saying they were going to quit because they didn’t like Cata you probably didn’t believe them either. But millions did quit. And millions more quit during MoP. And millions more during the next expansions. Many of those who quit came to the forums to say they were quitting and you probably posted how, “You just don’t buy it.” But most classic players aren’t like you. They didn’t stick around to the bitter end no matter what blizzard did. They quit wow before and they are ready to do it again.

The most profitable way to release BC is not by artificially extending the length of the game but to release it in a way that the fewest number of people quit.

1 Like

You could actually say this about any game, ever.

As of writing, I’m playing classic. Assumptions don’t really get you anywhere. Especially when it fuels your rant.

Bottom line is, you don’t know anything about me, my play style, gaming habits or anything of the sort, and you shouldn’t say so.

Yes you could. That’s why I don’t get why you think it won’t happen with this game.

It’s not an assumption. You’re posting on a high level retail alt so if you’re no longer playing retail you only stopped recently.

That would be an assumption, yes. You’re claiming truth to something that isn’t true based on very little evidence.

Oh come on. You’re posting on a level 50 retail alt. That means you either played BfA to the level cap of 120 or you bought a boosted character for a game you claim you don’t play. I’m not saying you don’t have classic alts or even more retail alts. Look, I don’t care if people play games I don’t play but it’s not an assumption to draw logical conclusions based on the level 50 retail alt you’re posting on.

1 Like

You’re using very little evidence to draw a conclusion. This actually makes you look ignorant.

If my avatar was a classic character, you would assume I never played or was not currently playing retail.

Do you understand how flawed your logic and reasoning are?

If I showed you a picture of a burning house, you would assume that was my house and not a googled image of a burning house.

This is flawed logical reasoning.