Fresh Classic Only Helps

I’m glad you and I have. Some (not all), not so much. But, it seems like you’re in favor for Seasonal Servers :slightly_smiling_face:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-servers-vs-seasonal-servers/890994

im not going to sit here and read the entire flame war but i may as well put my two cents in.

fresh is going to eventually happen. however, due to blizzard not trying to lose player traction at tbc launch, we aren’t going to immediately get them. i get that the entire argument is to get them at launch, but as a person who preaches the idea of fresh/seasonal classic servers you have to come to terms with the fact we aren’t immediately getting them, especially when it’s literally been deconfirmed in the classic QA.

they stated that they have their eye on the matter, and will begin considering it once tbc has had a smooth and successful launch. which, if we are to use classic as an example, could be anywhere from 2-4 months. i feel however, that classic hype was LEAGUES larger than TBC. that “smooth and successful” start could come way sooner than we expect.

That’s the problem.

Any later than BC launch date = lower quality experience.

No longer can it follow the future expansion releases.

Letting my sub expire. Goodbye everyone.

Thanks for the great discussion!

1 Like

It might be worth just identifying which servers have a poor faction balance and getting a large group of players to re-roll there.

It looks like this is already taking place in both NA and EU.

you mean the arcanite reaper “fresh” lvling experience? Ugh im sorry but that does not substitute real fresh. Just because 100-200 people are willing to reroll on a ph6 dead end server that barely has a few hundred players on it, does not even remotely compare to a real fresh

no

1 Like

It would be really disappointing to not have at least one fresh realm in time for the Burning Crusade pre-patch. The original launch of the Burning Crusade had fresh realms too, just google “timeline of the creation of US realms”. I’ve invested a lot of time into my main but I would still prefer to create a new character, and I can still play both. This isn’t a “one or the other” situation. The journey on a fresh realm is so much fun.

• New economy so players who stockpiled gold in Classic won’t be able to afford profession mats, Artisan Riding, etc. immediately.
  • Everyone will be leveling together again meaning: better opportunity to make new friends and rivalries especially if you’re a new player, Draenei and Blood Elves won’t just get level boosted in dungeons so the world will feel more alive - leading to more people interacting with the new quest hubs added to the old world.
  • Bots would be dis-incentivized from playing on fresh realms because they wouldn’t be able to boost a character (ideally no 58 boosts, but this is probably why Blizzard doesn’t want fresh realms) and immediately farm higher-end mats.

Please Blizzard, there are so many people in the community that are in favor of fresh realms. Why can’t we have the bare minimum? Or at least a reply explaining why we can’t have them despite the demand.

1 Like

Step 1- find one of the many dead classic servers

Step 2 - roll there with other fresh minded people

Step 3- don’t do content x such as BWL, Naxx before a decided upon date

The best part of Vanilla WoW was the playerbase made their own content- if you people truly want fresh you can easily get it… problem is, despite all the screeching on the forums, there isn’t actually a widespread desire for fresh, you just want Blizz to handhold you since you’re a bunch of retail rejects.

1 Like

It’s a great idea. Sad to see blizz ignoring it, but that seems to be a very common theme with them.

prepare to be dissapointed

I could see them adding a new server every now and then similar to how they do like… new Diablo seasons. But there’s definitely no need to add multiple new servers at a time

Why is the original post hidden?

I think this is truly something that will happen long term and was even mentioned in the panels. There are plenty of people (private server players) that just want to continue on with “Vanilla WoW” they’ve been playing it now for 16 years. It’s nothing but $15/mo to Blizzard instead of them playing on some half baked private server.

1 Like

salty people

1 Like

Nek has pretty eyelashes, harley said so

1 Like

Why would you want to play classic. It’s so toxic at end game.

Tbc at least takes a little skill, raids are better

Why would you want to play a soggy biscuit expansion when you can play something
Like tbc that is a crunchy biscuit

• Split up the community.
  • Sate people who play it for the novelty and bounce to an established server after the fresh server novelty goes away.
  • Unless driven and supported by a streamer/youtuber community, fresh servers become very populated then very dead… very quickly.
  • Request exists as a reactionary TBC protest against the level 58 boost and not a genuine will to start a new Vanilla grind.
  • Adding so many new servers have resulted in a situation where many servers are overpopulated and many servers are dead. What are you gonna do about these servers that are practically dead?

If people are actually looking for “fresh servers” they are probably looking for “Seasonal Servers”. Because the only way to address and refresh the novelty and transition out of servers are to wipe the servers and offer free transfers out before restarting the servers.

Fresh season servers are up in the air imo. Yes, keeping it “fresh” makes the player experience, better, but also worse imo. But this also boils down to one thing, the community. Is the community OK with starting fresh over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over- do you see what I’m getting at with this?

They should give us the ability to play classic all over again WITHOUT SPELL BATCHING!!

5 Likes