Fresh Classic Only Helps

Classic WoW FRESH servers only help the community. Players that are pushing for this will not be playing BC regardless (I know my guild and I won’t be) so there is no impact on the BC server population or community.

I believe it’s INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT that these fresh servers are released the day that Burning Crusade Classic releases. This allows the servers to progress at the same rate and potentially transition to Burning Crusade Classic after phase 6 while the Burning Crusade Classic servers transition to Wrath.

Here we are at the end of Classic WoW’s timeline and we find ourselves back to square one. “We want Classic WoW back” as we were screaming for the past decade before Blizzard blessed us with this rebirth of WoW. Permanent Classic servers are NOT something that anyone really wants. The game is done, Phase 6 is out and the content is cleared. Fresh Classic WoW servers allow us to experience the game as it was and as it was meant to be one more time.

Blizzard, you have the tools, you have the ability to spin up fresh servers with the push of a button. It would take you less than an hour to do so. Do the right thing, throw us a bone here and grant your fans what they want. A few FRESH Classic WoW servers with the option to progress to BC and beyond is all we ask for.

P.S. Everquest runs a similar system on a MUCH grander scale and it does quite well.
everquest .com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

Note: For those that do not want fresh Classic servers. I more than understand that. The existence of these servers do not harm your guilds nor your servers. We want everyone to enjoy World of Warcraft in the version they truly enjoyed the most.

This quote spoke a lot to me. No FRESH servers completely contradicts Holly’s words.
“Serve as many players as we can that want to play” - Holly Longdale

171 Likes

new wave of fresh servers please!

71 Likes

This is a must, current classic servers are end of life.

47 Likes

I don’t see any problem with having this it would only be more people playing and doing what they want and have the community grow more.

37 Likes

Prepare yourself good sir for the incoming response of rEroLl oN a DifFeReNt sERvEr people.

18 Likes

100% agree. Fresh progressive servers is the way to go, and having different waves of them will make WoW’s longevity way longer. Heck, they can even go through ALL the expansions eventually and keep starting a new fresh “set” of servers and instead of limiting their playerbase, it would expand it.

Personally, I think that those who want “Classic WoW forever” actually enjoy the fresh start over from level 1 and beginning patches, and the journey through that all the way up to Naxx. They enjoy the whole run-through of classic, not just wanting to be stuck at the end. You might say they are crazy for wanting to re-do it over and over, but hey, that’s what they’d like to do. Fresh starts, fresh servers, journey again within classic “vanilla.”

Nobody really wants to be permanently locked to only phase 6 Classic WoW forever…and if Blizz is only offering that or TBC, then they are losing out on all the players who would pay for subs for fresh! Why not just spin up fresh servers that will progress eventually too? And then spin up a new “wave set” of fresh servers again after that? It can only help get more subs instead of losing any!

40 Likes

Blizzard, please remember Oceanic in this. We only have one PvE server today. We have no “dead” server to transfer to. We currently have no options.

Please give an option to roll on a fresh TBC server.

(oops, reread the thread and it’s focussed on classic, my bad, sorry - but the more options the better, fresh classic too!)

4 Likes

While this thread is specific to Classic WoW Fresh and NOT TBC, I do agree that Fresh TBC servers should also be supported.

There is absolutely 0 reason to not have these options. This would only add additional options and improve the quality of this amazing Classic project.

3 Likes

when classic was released they said they were committed to keeping the servers up as long as wow existed. that they were in the classic game forever. they have never at any point said they were gonna do F R E S H 893475934759348753485 times to make pserver people happy. that has never been a thing. and they even said at blizzcon they weren’t doing fresh servers. either for tbc or vanilla classic.

4 Likes

Right. That’s why this thread exists to voice our concern and request the FRESH Classic WoW server experience.

6 Likes

they’ve picked a side though. people can keep all the gold they bought from gold sellers and they’re giving paid character boosts to get new people into tbc classic. the goal is to get those people up and running asap.

if people had actually played real vanilla they’d know that if someone said “I had the gold to buy myself fast flight as soon as i dinged cuz i saved up gold in vanilla” most people would’ve called you out for being a liar. NO ONE (or at least the vast vast majority) had that kind of gold. so… blizz could’ve banned everyone who had past a certain amount of gold, removed it from people when they switched to tbc, or etc. but they chose to let you keep the gold. but also gave people a way to get to tbc without being forced to buy illegal gold. that’s about as good as you’re getting.

2 Likes

Blizzard already stated in the future they would be providing Classic WoW FRESH server experiences. This thread is requesting it at the launch of BC.

It’s a request to Blizzard. Feedback is important, it’s exactly what resulted in the Classic WoW experience you have today.

13 Likes

they said they would look into it if it were needed. if the current servers wouldn’t be enough. like at the beginning of vanilla classic when they had to add servers because they didn’t anticipate demand. that is not something that has anything to do with F R E S H but entirely to do with wanting there be enough servers for people to play on. don’t deceive yourself or get your hopes up.

Right. That’s comparing apples and oranges. That’s not the topic nor the request.

We want FRESH servers for Classic WoW at the launch of BC.

youtu .be/kUO5-VeAMhc

“We’ve got our eyes on that in our future” - Holly Longdale

4 Likes

you won’t get those either. they won’t have the demand for them. there’s already too many vanilla classic servers now and most are dead. what would they gain by dumping even more money into something that won’t be updated anymore? unless you expect them to just redo the whole phases thing and rebalance vanilla classic every couple of years when they give you guys F R E S H. which won’t happen. either they’ll go to wrath and that will be the focus. or they’ll just put both classic and tbc classic into maintenance mode.

1 Like

“they won’t have the demand for them”

That’s beyond incorrect there are thousands of players requesting exactly this. You sound a lot like the people claiming “Classic WoW will never happen”. Well look where we are now.

Feedback is important. I’m posting this so Blizzard sees it. That’s it, nothing more.

10 Likes

the vast majority of servers are dead. because most people server transferred to a handful of servers. those servers will be progressing to tbc. do you think there’s over 20k (which would be the absolute least amount needed to make this work from a financial standpoint) to just redo classic over and over again for eternity? that’s more population than the vast majority of vanilla private servers btw. and classic doesn’t have character boosts or tokens or anything to assist with making money in an otherwise dead format.

classic was only gonna happen cuz it’d make blizz money. blizz isn’t gonna just throw money away on F R E S H if it won’t make them money. and it won’t. that’s why tbc classic is coming and not F R E S H.

1 Like

Classic BC is coming because that’s what comes after Classic…

Do I think there is over 20k people that would play Classic Fresh? AB SO LUTELY.

Additionally we don’t even need that. There is ZERO development costs behind spinning up additional Classic realms, only the cost of running the servers. The work is already done. We have 3-6 realms or so running with a couple thousand players on each and that more than makes Blizzard a profit.

I can say for my guild alone we have about 60+ players that would be resubbing. A drop in the bucket for sure but I can guarantee you that there is a large community that would resub as well. The Classic WoW Private Server community is already building back up because of the lack of FRESH servers.

I am going to repost what I said at the start of the topic.

" Note: For those that do not want fresh Classic servers. I more than understand that. The existence of these servers do not harm your guilds nor your servers. We want everyone to enjoy World of Warcraft in the version they truly enjoyed the most."

It’s ok not to be interested in this, but don’t underplay it’s popularity. I know it’s very easy to say “Who the heck would like that?” when you yourself do not. There is a community for it and it should be supported.

I appreciate your input on the topic though.

9 Likes

The initial thing blizz said was that they’d support the initial classic servers forever. They even said they wouldn’t release more when tbc comes out. They’re releasing it this way instead of that way cuz progressing makes more money. And why? Cuz retail Andy’s like me (aka content locusts) want to move en masse to tbc and think it’s a waste of time to do vanilla 47588596 times over and over. If yall were a majority it might be different. You guys blame us for boosting and ruining classic but when it comes to actual population you act like we’re not the objective majority. Lol

Fresh classic please! Right now!

7 Likes