Free mount w/6 month subscription

For comparison sake, from my experience.

I had purchased the 6 month sub June, and had game time until 12/22.

My bank merged with another, and originally the new bank said the accounts should not change, but then about September I got new cards.

I removed the old card from my account, and had my account “cancel” because I did not have a valid card in the wallet, but then right away added a new card, and new 6 months sub. That was 10/15/21.

My account currently is good until 6/22/22

I currently have a 6 month sub set up, with the next date of billing 6/22, and claimed the new mount.

I can’t say for sure who will or will not get billed up front for the 6 month sub, if they have game time, and decide to set up a new sub for the new offer, but it is possible that players with existing game time, who do not currently have a 6 month sub, to be billed up front.

Because, it happened to me.

1 Like

That’s fair, and I’m not trying to say you certainly won’t be billed. I’m merely stating/showing that it very well could also go the other way depending on circumstances or whatnot.

It’s very possible something changed between July and October of last year as well. I want to also say that I appreciate that you didn’t dismiss my experience as well :slight_smile:

You think it’s “combative” because that’s how you post in these kinds of threads. The advice is to listen to the regulars and Blizzard employee, instead of always trying to prove someone wrong.

You can take that advice or leave it.

It never did get to that point, except in your head. I could give you the explanation from your limited screenshots, but there’s really no point. You won’t believe me, or anyone else.

Suffice it to say, your screenshots don’t tell the story you are claiming it does. I’m not saying you’re doing it on purpose, because it’s easy to misremember, but this is why the advice above was given.

We can definitely say for sure who will get charged, and who won’t. The only thing we don’t know for sure is how far back they go to flag who qualifies for the mount.

In your case, you purchased the 6-month sub in June. The new mount was announced at the beginning of July. Your account was flagged to receive the mount, which you claimed on July 7.

When you changed cards in October, you already had the Sapphire Skyblazer mount, so it didn’t affect your subscription.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m sorry but this is entirely unconstructive and unfair. I made my statements, provided supporting evidence, and still continue to be talked down to or dismissed entirely by you and others as if it never happened.

Isn’t the purpose of the CS forums to help others understand areas of the game or service in a constructive and civil manner?

If you want to post your explanation for the screenshots that you say you have then please do so. Otherwise, if you don’t want to have a constructive conversation about this then we can agree to disagree and leave it at that. Have a good evening.

1 Like

Yup, I remember the sky blazer, being awarded because I had the 6 month sub running and not set to renew until 12/22 and did not lose access to it.

3 Likes

By the way, I’m not sure if this is the ONLY way to retrieve it, but:

My six month sub mount I got from my character “profile” page, under “My Gifts”, when you click on the account name and see menu items. Then I hit it and then had it later when I got in game.

1 Like

Hello. I’ve got email that I’m eligible for this mount as a gift through launcher, but there is no gift in battle.net nor did I get it in game. What do?

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, Bananaynay. Some email notifications went out accidentally to folks who did not qualify for the promotional mount. While their accounts were active their 6-month subscription was not recurring.

6 Likes

I am into month 3 of my current 6 month sub and I have received every mount/toy that has been offered since I signed up.

I am about ready to buy a 6 month on my second WoW account.

Edit.

I just bought the Shadowlands Base Edition expansion and bought a 6 month sub to go with it.

Now I see that the money I spent on the 6 month sub is being refunded by Blizzard. I ask WHY!