Free mount w/6 month subscription

Are we gonna get the spectral tiger, like the chinese players for TBCC?

If that were the case, I’m pretty sure it would have been included in the announcement. Just because one region gets X, does not mean the others are all entitled to it, unfortunately.

3 Likes

No, we got the Gumbo kettle instead. If you’d like to see Blizzard offer the tiger, that feedback would be better posted in General Discussion since feedback here is not passed along.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this info. Just added to my sub to get mine. It is beautiful!

2 Likes

Check in the launcher. There should be a present box icon you can click to claim the gift. I’m in the same boat. Had a 6 month renew before a reward, didn’t know how to get it. It was in the launcher.

1 Like

The mounts and pets are basically a perk of having an recurring sub, or signing up for one. Given history, theyve been coming out with a new 6 month sub mount every 6 months, so if thats something your driven to get, id probably just leave your sub connected

1 Like

i just claimed it from the launcher, but don’t see it in game. no mail. mount tab has it grayed out. am i doing something wrong?

…nm…showed up about an hour after claim. was in a wrapped box in mount tab waiting to be opened.

1 Like

Just to follow-up to my other post from last night, this is the message that is received when trying to reactivate a canceled 6-month sub that still has game time (and it lines up with what I previously said in that you do NOT get charged immediately):

How do I know this? I just tested it and copied/pasted that message, and I was NOT charged again for reactivating the canceled sub that still have recurring game time remaining. My next billing date remained the same.

Hope this and my other post helped!

This isn’t making any sense. If your 6-month sub was truly cancelled, then you would not have a “next billing date”.

The immediate charge for cancelled subscriptions, even with game time left, is to guard against someone doing…well, what you just claimed to do. Reactivating for free, getting a mount, then cancelling and not paying a dime.

I suspect that either your sub wasn’t cancelled (which is why you had a billing date that didn’t change), or you selected a 6-month option without the mount (which would explain why you weren’t charged immediately) and you won’t receive the mount until your sub renews and you are charged.

1 Like

Well, that’s not what I said I did now is it? :wink:

Your other assumptions are incorrect. I did indeed cancel the sub while testing, received the cancellation email, and reactivated to find absolutely no change, as well as a message stating I would not be billed until the next renewal date, which held true. Could I cancel and leave it like that? Probably, but I’m not trying to condone that, and even so, I still would’ve paid for the 6-month sub that is active at the time, so you can’t just get a mount without paying a dime.

I think it depends on how you go about it, restarting your sub you can do while still having gametime. I’m not sure if this will ‘kick in’ for the promotion tho. Being that the promotion just dropped, its likely it would be picked up in the system at some point and flagged for the mount.
The issue where people get charged for another sub while having time is when they sign up for the promotional bundle on the launcher/website. I think the system charges it as if its a brand new sub not just reactiviting an existing one.

This is not the same thing. Cancelling, then immediately reactivating it is not the same as cancelling a while ago and then trying to reactivate it.

I know it seems like semantics, but like I said, this policy is in place to avoid someone being able to game the system for a free mount. Not that I think you’re trying to do this or condoning it, but the timing would make a big difference.

If we want to speculate (which we shouldn’t, but for current purposes), there is probably a flag in place where you are scheduled to get the mount. So, cancelling/reactivating for you is likely different than someone who cancelled before the mount was released and needing to reactivate.

You are already flagged to receive the latest mount, so there’s no reason to charge you immediately. Someone who cancelled, say, a week ago would not be flagged, and thus they would be immediately charged for the six months, regardless of renewal date.

5 Likes

I think it’s more about whether your canceled-but-not-expired subscription is a 6-month or not and whether the sub period originally fell in the promo period.

Again, last year I had canceled my 6-month sub in June, which was set to renew in August, but received the Articuno mount after it was released in July. The sub had also lapsed shortly after. If bad memory serves me correctly, I unsubbed over something in June, then reactivated the sub in July, then unsubbed again afterwards and let it lapse so I could take some meaningful time off. The sub was never extended during that time and I still kept the mount.

For funsies, I bumped up the 1-month to a 6-month on my second wow account today and did not get charged. Once again, I was told I’d get charged once my current game time was up (next month) and that held true. Of course, since I haven’t actually paid the 6-month on the second account yet, I didn’t get a second Tiger mount (it’d be useless anyways), but in any case I’m not seeing evidence of this “you pay now” thing.

As someone who doesn’t have a 6 month sub on any license and doesn’t have the mount at all; I just tried changing my sub to a 6 month sub.

On the selecting a subscription plan screen it said I would be charged when my current sub ran out.

When I went to the confirmation screen this was along the bottom:
"You currently have game time remaining. This purchase will add 6 months of additional time to your account, and you will be billed immediately. Once all time expires, you will be billed $77.94 every 6 months until you cancel your subscription. "

So, if you do not currently have/qualify for the mount on any license on your battle.net account and you are currently subbed/have game time, you will be charged the immediately for the 6 months, with the time stacking, and then it will bill normally.

5 Likes

The mount is good for your entire Battle.net account. Individual WoW accounts are going to be treated the same in this scenario.

Your personal experience, easily explained by a simpleton such as myself, does not equal others. It’s quite simple with common sense, even if it’s not explicitly laid out in the Support article:

• If you had a currently active subscription with renewal date, you were flagged for the mount (and toy) already.
  • If you have been flagged for the mount and try to renew, it’s simply a six-month renewal when your time runs out.
  • If you are not flagged for the mount (cancelled sub/no renewal date), then you can get the special offer 6-month sub and will be immediately charged.

The point of the immediate charge is to ensure people don’t get a free $25 value mount for free.

5 Likes

Alright, so we have that much as far as 1-month to 6-month conversion on a bnet account that didn’t have the 6-month sub before.

Now, I’m curious about the poster I originally responded to who is currently in a 6-month that is not set to renew. If it’s changed since last year then that’d be interesting.

As has been said multiple times, if they did not have a renewal date, then it is not active. They will have to reactivate their 6-month subscription, and will be charged for those 6 months immediately.

While acknowledging that the regulars in here are human and can make mistakes, you would do well to listen to what they say and not immediately jump into “I have to prove them wrong” mode.

4 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re getting combative. As previously explained in a post from last night, I actually received the Articuno mount in July last year after having canceled my sub in June of that year (the June cancelation is verified by an email I still have). So either I received a mount with a 6-month sub that wasn’t reactivated at all, or I received the mount after having reactivating it but then canceled it again before it renewed without paying another penny.

Keep in mind my original response was to the person who has a 6-month going that’s not set to auto-renew. Let’s not lose sight of that, and there really is no reason get snide when I have done no such thing. Thanks.

Since they don’t have a recurring 6 month sub, they wouldn’t qualify for it. That’s been the standard for these promotions for a while now.

As for your supposition that it worked differently for you in the past; it didn’t.

Your cancelled sub for June wouldn’t have gotten you the mount. Your resub in July would’ve had a similar message to what I received when I gave my example above. You were billed for the 6 months sub immediately when you resubbed in July and that time added on to your time left until August. You cancelling again later didn’t affect getting the mount because you’d already paid to extend your time another 6 months.

Your situation didn’t work any different than it was supposed to. You paid for the 6 month sub immediately when you resbubbed in July and kept the mount when you cancelled because you’d qualified for it by already paying that sub fee.

4 Likes

:man_shrugging: That’s about all I can say/show on this and I can’t tell if there if/when any reactivations happened, but at least this should make it abundantly clear why I’ve said what I’ve said and that no extensions or immediate billing occurred back then, else they’d show in the transaction history. I’m not sure why it got to the point where I had to post proof but there you go.