Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

Bring it on.
I do find it ironic that the folks wanting ‘accountability’ …“to the community”… in here stop short of wanting their flagging to be just as accountable.

We always want the OTHER guy accountable, lmao

I loved that movie growing up, saw it in the theater, the tunnel ride was quite scary. Johnny Depp’s version was okay, but Enjoyed Timothée Chalamet’s Wonka was quite good.

Yup! False reporting should be punished to discourage the practice

As stated, it can indeed be abused if implemented as you suggest. And it most likely will be abused.

2 Likes

Exactly.
While Im sure most of us can put on the mask when we need to be more behaved, I dont think I believe for a second that the behavior we exhibit in here isnt exactly who we are in person.
Pleasant is itself wherever it goes…as is misery where it ends up.

It works both ways. It’s always easy for one side to blame the other of a situation. As long as We understand Neither side is Innocent of the matter.

They’d never allow it anyway, so its a moot point.
Im still 100% for it, regardless.

1 Like

That’s a whole lot to unpack. Social movements are always unpredictable, even the motivating factors can change rapidly. I see where you’re paralleling the two platforms. The basic human truth is that how loyal we are is often countermanded by how fickle we are. :grin:

Maybe that’s the point of why she bought it up. Knowing the group they are with, they would want to have power to harass and flag other people while telling them terrible things with no repercussion under the guise of “Mods will handle it” and no way to ignore it, and seeing who they are flagging is just them adding to the list to flag, since that’s literally all it’s only good for.

They say their against witch hunting, but be perfectly fine with something like this.

3 Likes

And this leaves me less likely to believe you have the well-being in mind of people who report a post in good faith.

7 Likes

Yeah, I dont personally buy into that ‘everyone is guilty’ nonsense. lol
Sometimes yeah…it IS one side doing all of the wrong in the situation.
Thats why we have criminal law to protect innocent people…and rules to keep rule breakers in line.

I mean the people in charge of the forums basically said false flagging doesn’t exist

So idk

2 Likes

Just about accountability.
There is a reason you are allowed to face your accusers in the law. Its not for playing tiddly winks. Its so you know who is accusing you, justly or unjustly.

Otherwise we have web forums where anyone can accuse anyone of anything falsely and there is zero accountabillity.

Im not the one who started this accountability nonsense, lol…those who dont want their flags being seen publically are.

Oh, we know they don’t. The only thing showing tho flagged a post would really do, is enable people to harass others over said flag, which is probably there because the flagged is doing what vrak told them to do (flag if you think it’s close enough to the line that a mod should check)

5 Likes

I’m indeed one of those people. You think I want a bigot knowing I flagged their post calling someone a seven-letter word that suggests things untoward being done to children? That’s inviting disaster and harassment.

5 Likes

IF I believed every flag was being made for geniune reasons and not out of petulant spite in many cases, sure…I could deny the idea that some might be somewhere else talking off site about who in here ‘needed’ to be flagged.
Since Ive seen it myself with my own eyes…I can no longer deny that its a thing.

This is a forum not a court. The worst that happens is you get banned, no one’s throwing you in jail.

10 Likes

Except, there is no such thing as false flagging. And people should not be punished for being wrong if they flagged someone, as Vrakthis has stated, and here, for a requote:

What is punishable though is mass flagging, in which is by switching between alts to flag down the same post over and over again.

Sorry Vrak.

8 Likes

People make alts like “lolflagged” or “qqflagtou” or something just to flag posts.

And yes this is Fuzz on my main. Figured I would do a swap over for now.

1 Like

duh?
lol…