Forum changes - do we need a forum wipe?

It seems like no other proposed solutions are flying and what topics are up just aren’t going anywhere.

Do we just have to take the nuclear option for any real stability to return to these forums?

Does it really need it?

Would a clean slate be enough, or would it just be stained all over again?

I leave the floor open for your thoughts.

9 Likes

need dislikes to return tbqh, people out here just reporting anything they disagree with wasting staff time.

73 Likes

Just a quick scan and I see several threads with hundreds of replies, and one with over 7k. Seems like we’re doing ok.

19 Likes

I’m getting that feeling.

5 Likes

Solutions to what problem? If they wiped the forums clean and started fresh how would the new threads be any different, and why do they need to be any different?

24 Likes

Trolling in general, though some take it more seriously than others.

So if the forums were wiped, why would people stop trolling the new threads made after that?

26 Likes

Good goddess, what are you on about?

13 Likes

Start over with Battletags.

No actually, keep everything and retroactively add Battletags to old posts.

25 Likes

Depends on the intent and subject matter, though they could be more easily identifiable since they’d possibly have to be more aggressive in their stances.

I don’t follow how making a new troll thread today, or trolling someone else’s new topic today, would be any different whether the forums were wiped yesterday or not.

3 Likes

People talk about what they want to talk about. ‘Blanking out’ the forums won’t change that, other than to get a bunch of angry people talking about a new subject…namely, the gall of some control freak deleting their valid threads.

Really…not the best of ideas.

I disagree. It would do a lot…and it wouldn’t be pretty.

2 Likes

Unless some kind of new filter was to be implemented alongside with a wipe that makes offending users more easily identifiable to be auto squashed.

Though you are correct, a plain wipe on its own would likely do very little.

Making an automated system judge, jury and executioner was a mistake. Why try and be reasonable when you can get a ban for a joke or getting flustered once in a while. If you are going to get thrown to the pit for even the most minor things, might as well have a bit of fun when the writing is on the wall…

This being counterbalanced by people like the t-squad getting the most colossal free pass to “annoy-smear” the LGBT with their nonsense just show “no its not a just system, figure out what things we aren’t allowed to ban you for and HAVE FUN!”

You can have all of your privileges revoked for a statement some mod didn’t agree with, there’s no point in being good so what do they expect from the forum except a bunch of people going “Whatever, I’m going to prison anyway, might as well be a toxic mess”

2 Likes

Thats also a good point.

It could get real ugly.

sometimes i see so many people complain about the forums that i feel like maybe it isn’t worthwhile to have a forum at all for wow.

Though do they make up the majority of the forum?

You’d hope that wasn’t the case.

Ratjay thoughts: What are you even talking about?

7 Likes

You cant undo the damage. Change it however you want but people will still be who they are. You have to cut out the cancer first. And blizzard wont.

1 Like

Anonymity wreaks havoc on productive discourse. If you want to actually have conversations that are useful, we need to have battletags.

And also, they really need to stop doing polls here… What an idiotic thing to do, anonymous trolls ruin everything every time.

3 Likes